The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #241
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Well I can just say that parents do the best they can... theres no handbook or guide for raising kids ,I dont know the backround you have with your mom and I know there are some really bad parents out there .... but if your mom is the average mom the only thing she probably wants is to be sure that your going to have a good life in your future, cause thats the goal of all parents ,thats why they raise you ,send you to school and everything which really is a LOT of work and sometimes as kids we dont appreciate it much but when you become parents if you do..... youll know why they did all the nagging and stuff,and yes in some way we owe our parents to do the best we can cause they lost too their time , money ,youth and many other things to take care of us and they did it cause they love you and were willing to choose being a parent over other things .So maybe you should take it with more calm , yes parents do screw up sometimes, but well everybody makes mistakes at their job and being a parent is really one of the hardest.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:37 PM   #242
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

*grabs a crystal light and sits down on a couch*

You know how life is like a rollercoaster with its ups and downs? when everything is as low as you think it could be, it starts changing and things start going up? Well, I'm happy to say that I am finally having my turn at heading upward...

Its taken a long time, a lot of personal wear and tear, but... I'm finally starting to feel better about things. A LOT of things. Getting misunderstandings settled, life goals made a lil clearer, personal understandings more..uh, understood. I'm seeing myself actually Improving a lil with each day. This past month has Really been an eye-opening experience.

After what, three four years of stuff going on in my life, its nice to see things finally settling down. health, family and friends (online and IRL), school, my future... its all starting come together right.

My parents are finally starting to see the potential I have as an artist (my mom's especially impressed), I have people interested in my performance skills, I'm *this close* to getting some art published within a few months (possibly in the run for a monetary prize), my reputation as a singer and artist is spreading across campus after some struggle (mostly my own inhibitions), My grades have recovered from the troubles with roommates and I"m getting a clearer picture of exactly What I want to write, or draw, or whatever. Things have improved between my oldest brother and I. My health is finally starting to settle to something whereI can control the symptoms with exercise and diet.

I feel like a ten ton weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I havent felt so relieved in such a long time. I feel Happy. My mind is at an ease that I havent felt in so long. Its so rare for me to post something happy in here... I'm just...wow.. this has been quite a past few weeks.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:07 PM   #243
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Yay Machi!! *hugs* Let's celebrate!!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:14 AM   #244
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

*grabs a double latte with butterscotch and downs it*

\/\/00+1!!1! :-|)

+3|-| 4\/\/350|\/|3!!1!!!

Good news in my corner too... The door to my moms nail salon got put in today, so now all that's left before she's fully running is to get her buisness liscense. Hopefuly, when that happens, I won't have to pay nearly as much to live here, and I can start putting money away for college in the fall .

I'm also *this* close to securing a new venue for my Pokemon tournaments, so I won't have to deal with Stupid Card Store. Hopefuly, when they see that we're uber 1337 and keep venues clean and don't tear things off the walls, the new venue'll want us back . And since it's not going to be at a retail location, there's no reason for the other stores in town to not support me. I'm going to be SO relieved on Friday though, 'cause that's when I'm gonna find out.

And I've started learning some C++ basics, to help with school and stuff.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:11 AM   #245
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

COngratulations for the ones heading upwards. Great to know that life can get better.

And I'm back in School for like 5 weeks now, and I hate it... but your news just cheered me up. Thanks you two.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 06:00 AM   #246
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
Good news in my corner too... The door to my moms nail salon got put in today, so now all that's left before she's fully running is to get her buisness liscense. Hopefuly, when that happens, I won't have to pay nearly as much to live here, and I can start putting money away for college in the fall .
Didn't you want to move out?
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:19 AM   #247
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

Until the time is right when Gwgtrunks is ready to move out, he'll sense it and then he'll make the move. Congrats to his and Machi's successes in RL. It's always nice to hear good news. *hugs both between her bosom*
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:20 AM   #248
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

I so damn frustrated!

I don't know if any of you recall but a few months ago I announced that I would be trying out for my University's baseball team.

Well so much for that.

My initial plan was to try out for catcher. Well when spring training started I found that more people were trying out for that position than I expected. Well I decided to try out to be a relief pitcher. I figured I would do this since I had one major thing working for me, my delivery. I pitch using a "Submarine" style, it's a type of sidearm delivery that can really throw batters off.

Well spring training started a few months ago (we start earlier than the pros) and boy was I ready, I had done conditioning and weight training, worked my ass off getting my speed up and building my arm strength. When spring training came around I was so nervous due to the fact I hadn't pitched since my sophomore year in High School, well something amazing happen I got the last spot in the bullpen rotation, one of only 3 walk-ons to even be put on the roster.

Well all that came crashing down the other day when I was warming my arm up at the local pitching cages and just like that I blew out my arm. Now im getting all these tests done and if I have to have surgery I can say goodbye to having a shot again until my Junior year in college (atleast that's my estimate). This just...sucks.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #249
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Damn. That really does suck. How bad is your arm? Do you know the extent of the damage? Could it be something that a little rehabbing could fix? The mention of surgery can definitely make you worry.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:44 AM   #250
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
Damn. That really does suck. How bad is your arm? Do you know the extent of the damage? Could it be something that a little rehabbing could fix? The mention of surgery can definitely make you worry.
I don't even know yet im waiting for the results of the tests and since the regular season has started for NCAA baseball, time is ticking away, the team trainer says that it's most likely joint damage in my shoulder. He said it's probably not that bad but he told me not to rule surgery out if my tests come back positive. Hopefully I can do some rehab and get back around late April/ early May. That's the best case scenario, though.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:48 AM   #251
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Kay-rap, man. I hope things go well for you. But whatever happens, don't let it count you out.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #252
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

Well i'll find out my fate on Friday. Im so nervous.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:01 PM   #253
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Aww, I'm sorry Wingnut. I'll be thinking of you. But remember, no matter what the prognosis is, you have to keep a postitve mind. Attitude is one of the biggest factors in recovery.

Good luck.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:08 PM   #254
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Damn, that does sound pretty bad Wingnut, although I didn't understand half of it. I suppose you hurt your arm, the one you need to play baseball with. Right? (I'm a total zero when it comes to baseball).

I hope your arm will be okay and that you'll be able to play baseball like before. I hate sport injuries...
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #255
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

Well if there's one positive thing to come out of this it's that I get to spend some time at the Drome, and that's always a good thing.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #256
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
GOD, but I hate IDIOTS!!!

Grrrrr. Normally, being the quiet, peace-loving person that I am, I wouldn't subject my buddies to my rants, but I just need a few friendly shoulders to lean on and vent to right now, so bear with me, please, okay? Here goes............

Okay, a lot of you know that I had 12 of my teeth pulled back on the 1st of February. Not something that I was fond of having done (who the shell is?!), but it was necesary. Then I was supposed to go back tomorrow (the 4th of THIS month (March)) to have the rest pulled so that I could get fitted for, then get my new dentures. As you all can pretty well guess, it WASN'T something that I was really looking forward to, but it would be over, I'd have my new teeth, and I wouldn't EVER have to worry about the pain of a busted tooth EVER again. So I was looking forward to getting it over and done with.

Well, guess what?! Due to a certain IDIOT in my family, I'm NOT going to get to go and get it done now! And I don't know if I'll ever GET to now, due to the fact that we no longer have a car, and my stupid, worthless sister-in-law won't let my brother take us to Licking in theirs! Oh, yeah, it was supposed to be an all day type of thing, so my "dear" brother called us and said he didn't feel like staying up there all day, so he wasn't going to take us (nice excuse, on top of hers, don'tcha think?!). NICE, huh?! So your's truly gets to suffer for the rest of her life with no new teeth!!!

So if I could ask you guys to pray for us to find some way to work this out and maybe get me a later appointment somewhere later on down the road, please do. I so need the prayers and support of you, my good buds here at the Drome. Any and all that you send up to The Throne (or to whatever deity or power that you hold sacred) will be more than appreciated. Thankies in advance to all of you, my dear online family. I love you all.

Peace.

Last edited by Whitewolf89; 03-03-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #257
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Wow, WW... That really sucks. Man, know that I'm thinking of ya, and praying for you, too. I really hope that it all works out for you somehow.

(By the by... this should go in the Cafe, so I'm just gonna sent it right over. )
Old 03-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #258
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant

Ever have your back molars pulled before.I was bleeding from the mouth.I looked like Dracula with the blood dripping down my face.Teabags finally stopped the bleeding.
Demented Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #259
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Im really sorry to hear this whitewolf I really hope that this problem can be solved , and that you get to go to your dentist appointment soon, I wish you the best
Old 03-04-2005, 06:26 PM   #260
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Good luck Wolf...

I've just had an AWESOME day .

1) I got tons of old Pokemon packs for a buck a piece. First edition and all.
2) I found a new venue for my Pokemon tournaments, finally. It's even under what I budgeted for space by over $100, and it's bigger then what I'm at now. And cleaner, AND it has a land on the main street here in Lincoln, so there's huge potential for people to just wander in and see what's goin' down. And I get the space from 9 AM-8 PM. I've been having to run these tournaments from 12PM-5PM for a while, so this is a HUGE improvement. Then I don't have to worry about people going to church instead, 'cause it's on a saturday. There's 6 more players right there *glee*
3) players who owed me money from a past tournament paied up today, so i've got $30 outta nowhere. Schweet.
4) I got sunday night off of work. Double schweet!
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip