The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2015, 08:58 AM   #1441
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
no way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
You think the Rams are defo going back to LA? To be honest, given they are in the NFC West (with the Angry Birds, 49ers and Seahawks), then location wise, it makes a bit more sense too.
They are def moving someone there. (although they'd probably be better suited just added a new team considering they want one in london as well and expanding the league)

San Diego Chargers are the most likely to move to LA. in likelyhood it goes Chargers, Raiders, Rams.

also surprised bears didnt make a trade before the deadline. Really wanted them to trade Houston or Young to the Falcons on the cheap lol.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #1442
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Combat sports

Probably one of the besy days for combat sports fans. First off Glory 25. The leading kickboxing promotion in the world has IMO the best kixkboxing card of the year. 4 man 1 night tourney of course cause they have that every card but honestly thats the thing i'm least looking forward to lol. Varga is defending his FW title on the undercard!

Sittichai vs RVR is gonna be insane! In the main event. Young kid with over 100 thai fights and his style is way better suited for kickboxing. Was a heavy underdog in the last tourney and took out the former champ with a knee, and then destroyed Jauncey with kicks from the outside (who is in the co-main event vs the former #1 LW kickboxer in the world) so excited for that card! It's in italy. Their deal with SPIKE ended so they signed on with ESPN. It will be live on ESPN3 and the watch espn app at 4PM EST. And tape delayed on ESPN2 at 1:30AM EST 10:30 Central.

And Bellator145 at 9PM on SPIKE. Pro wrestler Bobby Lashley finally gets his rematch against James Thompson . Pitbull defends his title in a trilogy fight, Will brooks defends his title against polish prodigy Marcin Held. Cant miss fights!
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 02:24 AM   #1443
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Tim Bradley just annihilated Brandon Rios into an early retirement. Wow
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:05 AM   #1444
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Tim Bradley just annihilated Brandon Rios into an early retirement. Wow
Tim Bradley probably approves of RVRs decision win over Sittichai Lol. That was so bad. If anyone watched Glory 25.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:15 AM   #1445
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
^^Saw it. Meh
So Holly Holm Knocked Ronda Rousey out in Round 2. I find it funny that Holm just used distance and lateral movement to essentially put Ronda right where she wanted her. Great job Holly and Ronda, I like you I really do but, humility can be a beautiful thing.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:36 AM   #1446
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,694
Yeah, that was brutal. I'm hardly an expert, and I've only watched both of them fight a couple times each, but as soon as I saw what Holly was doing - making Ronda chase her - and how Ronda was for some reason trying to box her - sloppily - I was like, "This isn't good." Holm was way too big, with way too much reach, for Ronda to outbox her; every time she tried, she dropped her defense and got drilled in the face. And I've never actually seen Ronda get hit, but right away, you could just tell the fact she even got hit that hard even once totally blew up her mental game. Some people really can't handle getting hit, and I could tell she didn't like it much at all. After that she kept wildly attacking and taking big hits, no defense at all. She looked tired and sloppy as soon as she realized it wasn't going to end early.

I think it was a combination of things: the first time Rousey's had real competition mixed with a serious case of overconfidence. The only times I've seen Rousey fight, she usually overwhelms right away and gets the quick win; she looked really, really frustrated when she wasn't able to do that. And I think she figured that Holm would be "surprised" to see her come at her with boxing, and be thrown off her game, but I think that was poor strategy; Holm's just a much better boxer with a huge reach advantage.

Didn't look like Rousey had her head in the game at all. It's a shame, you figure everyone loses eventually but that one was brutal. You can bet she wishes she had a mulligan on THAT one. Oof.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:46 AM   #1447
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Ronda got DESTROYED

it was beautiful! Picture perfect fight for Holm. Congrats.

i love joe rogans hype "Rousey is once in a life time, ever."

Not like she was really trying to box her. SHE COULDN'T TAKE HER DOWN! Had no choice!

Also lets give a shout out to Legend Mark Hunt, defeating Silva in their rematch.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:40 PM   #1448
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,694
If I'm Rousey, I'm going into the rematch with an entirely new game plan. You can't outbox Holm because you don't have the reach, and you can't do the takedown into the armbar because you don't have the leverage.

As the smallest guy in every fight I've ever been in - street, not cage, just to clarify - I'd suggest coming in from underneath to negate Holly's reach and then going for the rear naked choke. It's pretty much the only way to beat someone who has you outsized and outgunned. Everybody's gotta breathe.

Shoot, go-behind, choke. I can totally see her win the rematch IF she doesn't try and just win by doing what she always does. Clearly, it didn't work.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:03 AM   #1449
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
they're bound to rematch

but i hate immediate rematches when the former champ gets dominated the first time out. let her win a fight first. ufc always does this. Arlovski/Sylvia, Dillishaw/Barao even though Barao had another fight its only cause he pulled out of their immidiate rematch like day before. Silva/Weidman. it's just dumb to do but it's the money fight at Womens Bantamweight.

i like that it eliminates the ridiculous notion of needing Cyborg to cut down to 135 to fight Ronda. NEVER has a dominate champion at their weight class had to cut down to fight someone in the class below. in MMA at least. That's such a stupid thing to say. Espicially considering Ronda fought and was successful at 145 & was in the olympics in the 150's.

if it's at 145 i want to see Cyborg vs Rousey cause at least i know it's as fair as they can make it. Cyborg may be past her prime now but at 145 she has a good shot to KO her.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:49 PM   #1450
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,694
Cyborg's a roid-head, why should she be rewarded for cheating? That's why she was supposed to cut weight. If she can't fight clean, at a lighter weight, then she doesn't deserve a shot.

Holm already said she hopes Rousey gets the first rematch, but Rousey said she needs some time off to recover, so we'll see what happens. Personally I'm fan of the immediate rematch because realistically, who deserves more of a chance to win the Title than the person who literally just lost it? I get that it's good to work new people into the mix, but at the same time it's not at all fair for someone who has a bad night to have to start completely over again, especially after a long period of dominance. The former Champion should always at least have the first opportunity for a Title match. If they're unable to take advantage of it in a timely fashion due to injury or some other reason then the shot can go to the next one in line, but that's another matter.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:48 AM   #1451
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
I'd be fine with either or. Ronda needs to get some of that confidence back. Like Pacquio after the Marquez KO, he didn't have a rematch or challenge Bradley for the title he lost, he had a tune up fight with Brandon Rios to get his mojo back. I don't follow UFC too much, but with boxing it really depends on the viable opponents at the time, how bad the loss was and if it could garner any interest among the fans. Since UFC has a bit of a smaller pool of competitors I couldn't tell you when they'll have a rematch, but I imagine it'll be after at least a year.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #1452
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Cyborg's a roid-head, why should she be rewarded for cheating? That's why she was supposed to cut weight. If she can't fight clean, at a lighter weight, then she doesn't deserve a shot.

Holm already said she hopes Rousey gets the first rematch, but Rousey said she needs some time off to recover, so we'll see what happens. Personally I'm fan of the immediate rematch because realistically, who deserves more of a chance to win the Title than the person who literally just lost it? I get that it's good to work new people into the mix, but at the same time it's not at all fair for someone who has a bad night to have to start completely over again, especially after a long period of dominance. The former Champion should always at least have the first opportunity for a Title match. If they're unable to take advantage of it in a timely fashion due to injury or some other reason then the shot can go to the next one in line, but that's another matter.
The typical Cyborg is a roid head jargin. She got popped once, and has never tested positive again. Rousey and Dana were/are scared THAT's why she was supposed to cut weight. WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A DOMINATE CHAMPION IN MMA DROP DOWN TO FIGHT SOMEONE IN A LOWER WEIGHT CLASS?! Got any examples?! If you think you're the best then you fight the best with NO excuses. Ronda said she would fight Gina Carano at 145 but would only fight Cyborg at 135. She publicly ducked Cyborg when it was her turn to face her in Strikeforce. Watch after the Julia Budd fight, she says she wasn't ready.


She basically created Womens MMA. Her and Gina made it a phenomenon and then when it was Rouseys turn to fight Cyborg she dropped to 135 and said she wasn't ready. Then the UFC just ran with Rousey. Respects the legends and know how you got here. She's has been the most dominate female MMA fighter since day 1! Fighter Rousey isn't a "reward" it's what Cyborg has earned cutting her teeth getting the sport to where it is today. I get that people are uneducated on the whole thing and just listen to the bull that Rousey and Dana spew. But really if you're gonna talk about it, you should have actual knowledge of the whole thing.

Miesha Tate deserves the shot. She was promised it then got passed up for Holly Holm. Rousey can wait for the winner or take another fight.

Last edited by turtlefanforever; 11-17-2015 at 03:15 PM.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:26 PM   #1453
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
^^ I've heard similar arguments to those before.
Anyway I'm super excited for Saul Canelo Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto this Saturday. Also Guillermo Rigondeaux returns after a long hiatus, he's always like silk in the ring man so damn smooth.
I got Canelo winning by late round (8-11) TKO win.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:27 AM   #1454
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
So

Bellator is doing it's first shows outside of the US & Canada next year. Will be going to London, Italy & Israel. Good for them and the Sport of MMA.

Having the first and only British MMA World champion going to London was a no brainer. I bet they sell out in Israel as well because no one ever goes there as far as MMA promotions.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:50 PM   #1455
Wingnut
Mad Scientist
 
Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pao Pao Café
Posts: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Anyway I'm super excited for Saul Canelo Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto this Saturday. Also Guillermo Rigondeaux returns after a long hiatus, he's always like silk in the ring man so damn smooth.
I got Canelo winning by late round (8-11) TKO win.
I love a good southpaw (bias, I'm a lefty) and Rigondeaux has delivered what few times I've seen him.

Same pick on the Canelo/Cotto fight.
__________________
"I'll be what I wanna do."
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #1456
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
hmm

I haven't seen Cotto fight since Mayweather so i can't really say but he probably gets destroyed here.

The way i view Cotto is he's elite, he's better than most but when he faces the Elite he doesn't stack up.

Like Mayweather and pacman picked him apart. Two of the best boxers obviously. Canelo is probably closer to his skill level than Pacman and Mayweather but still, i don't think Cotto is on "that" level. If you get what i'm saying.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:15 AM   #1457
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,694
It's "jargon".

And regardless, it's still a more balanced fight at 135. If Rousey put on some temporary bulk to fight at 145, she's still at a disadvantage because that's not natural for her. You can eat and train to temporarily add bulk or weight but you're not going to be physically as strong as someone who's a "natural" 145. Conversely, the person who cuts weight to fight at 135 should still be at an advantage because even though they'd be very slightly weaker than usual, they'd also be faster than usual, plus they should still possess more natural strength and explosiveness from the years spent training and fighting at a heavier weight.

I admit I'm no MMA expert, but as far as "knowing anything", I did wrestle in high school, enough to know that you want to fight down, not up. Kids who normally weighed 150-160 would always cut down to 135 for wrestling because they were twice as strong as the kids who just were naturally 135.

Any way you look at it, Cyborg should be more than willing to cut weight to fight Rousey at 135; she'd still, in theory, have every advantage she'd have had if Rousey fought up. It's just that Rousey trying to go up a weight class is the least-fair scenario to her in particular. If Cyborg doesn't want to fight at 135 it's either because she physically can't cut the weight for one reason or other, or she really doesn't have confidence in her ability to win fighting at 135.

As for "only having one dirty test", take it from someone who's been in more than a few locker rooms: People don't quit the gas, they just find better ways to beat the tests. Like it or don't, that's the truth.

It's all kind of a moot point now, really, since it doesn't look like Rousey's going to fight Cyborg, Holm or anyone in the very near future. Just felt that "you don't know anything" comment deserved a reply. Because I indeed know, as we've just witnessed, many a thing indeed.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:27 AM   #1458
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Well turtlefanforever he did fairly well against both. Cotto made it competitive while basically training himself (Was being trained on and off by his uncle er something). Pacquiao was just too much against the arguably weight drained Cotto. And Mayweather got beat up in that fight. It was one of his tougher opponents to date. Now he has Freddie Roach in his corner and has won his last 3 fights by KO since.
As evidenced by Tim Bradley this can help a boxer just by switching things up
*check Out Cotto vs Danny Geale for systematic destruction*
Slicksters (Austin Trout and Mayweather) and Swarming Volume Punchers (Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito) are the only guys that have ever beaten Cotto, and he was able to avenge his loss against Margarito.
Canelo has some issues with Slicksters but was able to beat two of the best at 154 in Erislandy Lara and Austin Trout after that lopsided loss to Money May.
I like em both honestly, but if I had to choose I'm choosing the fresher, bigger and stronger man Canelo. Cotto is a a bit more experienced, technical and methodical in his approach so he has that going for em too.
Should be awesome.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them

Last edited by shuriken; 11-20-2015 at 01:32 AM.
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #1459
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
well

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Well turtlefanforever he did fairly well against both. Cotto made it competitive while basically training himself (Was being trained on and off by his uncle er something). Pacquiao was just too much against the arguably weight drained Cotto. And Mayweather got beat up in that fight. It was one of his tougher opponents to date. Now he has Freddie Roach in his corner and has won his last 3 fights by KO since.
As evidenced by Tim Bradley this can help a boxer just by switching things up
*check Out Cotto vs Danny Geale for systematic destruction*
Slicksters (Austin Trout and Mayweather) and Swarming Volume Punchers (Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito) are the only guys that have ever beaten Cotto, and he was able to avenge his loss against Margarito.
Canelo has some issues with Slicksters but was able to beat two of the best at 154 in Erislandy Lara and Austin Trout after that lopsided loss to Money May.
I like em both honestly, but if I had to choose I'm choosing the fresher, bigger and stronger man Canelo. Cotto is a a bit more experienced, technical and methodical in his approach so he has that going for em too.
Should be awesome.
Roach is one of the best boxing coaches of all time, but lets not forget that a year or so ago up until recently he got A LOT of his fighters KTFO
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:14 PM   #1460
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
uhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's "jargon".

And regardless, it's still a more balanced fight at 135. If Rousey put on some temporary bulk to fight at 145, she's still at a disadvantage because that's not natural for her. You can eat and train to temporarily add bulk or weight but you're not going to be physically as strong as someone who's a "natural" 145. Conversely, the person who cuts weight to fight at 135 should still be at an advantage because even though they'd be very slightly weaker than usual, they'd also be faster than usual, plus they should still possess more natural strength and explosiveness from the years spent training and fighting at a heavier weight.

I admit I'm no MMA expert, but as far as "knowing anything", I did wrestle in high school, enough to know that you want to fight down, not up. Kids who normally weighed 150-160 would always cut down to 135 for wrestling because they were twice as strong as the kids who just were naturally 135.

Any way you look at it, Cyborg should be more than willing to cut weight to fight Rousey at 135; she'd still, in theory, have every advantage she'd have had if Rousey fought up. It's just that Rousey trying to go up a weight class is the least-fair scenario to her in particular. If Cyborg doesn't want to fight at 135 it's either because she physically can't cut the weight for one reason or other, or she really doesn't have confidence in her ability to win fighting at 135.

As for "only having one dirty test", take it from someone who's been in more than a few locker rooms: People don't quit the gas, they just find better ways to beat the tests. Like it or don't, that's the truth.

It's all kind of a moot point now, really, since it doesn't look like Rousey's going to fight Cyborg, Holm or anyone in the very near future. Just felt that "you don't know anything" comment deserved a reply. Because I indeed know, as we've just witnessed, many a thing indeed.
Rousey was in the 150's in the olympics and fought 145 multiple times. How is it now a natural weight for her? And she arguably had a horrible weight cut for this past fight against Holm. 145 could do Rousey good. All things are even at FW. Besides the fact that Cyborg is better.

Cyborg walks around at about 175-180 almost all muscle.

People have to accept that Cyborg is the best WMMA fighter in the world right now. And has been for a very very long time. She lost her pro debut in 2005 and has been unstoppable since. Hell she even fought the best female thai fighter in the world in 2014(undefeated Jorina Baars). Absolutely got her ass handed to her but she went out there and did it and went the distance. No excuses. If you claim to be the best, you go out there and prove it, and Rousey has avoided fighting the best girl out there for a very long time.

Last edited by turtlefanforever; 11-20-2015 at 01:20 PM.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.