The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #1081
Katie
Just...way too serious.

I have an acquaintence (I tollerate this person as a part of my group of friends, but am not really friendly with her) who has an inverted ("tilted"?) womb. She's a bit older than I am (I'm the baby of the group by a few years) and she gave birth to a beautiful (though premature) little boy two days after Christmas.

I say if you are supposed to have kids you'll end up with 'em (at least I keep telling myself that )
Old 05-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #1082
SassyGal
Mad Scientist

I feel your pain Jo...I was told a similar thing, not exactly the same situation...if you want babies now's the time...I told him "believe me, if I could make them stay with me, longer than 11 weeks, I would. Maybe I should ground them for 9 mths!" I thought he was going to pee his pants laughing

I really hope everything works out in the end for you
SassyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #1083
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
Thanks guys. Really, all of you. Made me smile to feel the love. *hugs and kisses all of you* I feel very... safe here, my loves, and that is something very important to me.

I'm feeling slightly better about 'the incident', though not completely... But the point of this post was to thank you for warming my heart, and to update on more medical things.

More tests today, hopefully the last for a long while!!

By the way, it is truly something else to hear the ultrasound technician say, DURING the PROCEDURE: "Hello, cyst on the left side!!" Hah!

So... As for that, it's benign, so no worries about that. I found out certain internal parts of me are tilted, lol... And I don't work completely right (but not in a horribly off way)... But apparently if I ever decide to bear children, I will have much trouble in doing so. 'Most likely.' (Compounded by a 'you better start trying soon if you want them'. Just how it is, I suppose). Also, my doctor is insane. All of them! They love their job way too much. Hah. I was also told, after he looked at my charts 'Wow! If you want a baby today is the day to attempt! Go home and have sex. Or not!'

...I swear, it made me laugh so hard.

So, anyhow, that's that for now. (And no, I'm not 'trying'.)

But thank you all, for the love and hugs. I still kinda need them, and offer them to you who need them in return.

Thank you, my friends.
I remember you had mentioned this cyst before I am so glad its benign
As for the baby comments, that made me laugh too. I can't imagine my doctor saying that to me, of course she is kinda uptight...lol

This must be the week for tough times cause I fell apart pretty bad yesterday.
*Hugs for everyone that is having a hard time or a bad week*
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:31 PM   #1084
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I've just had a bad 2 years.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:44 PM   #1085
SassyGal
Mad Scientist

I hate how bad times seem to come in yearly chunks, at least for me anyway I find myself saying what a crappy year. why can't it be what a crappy week? funks that last more than a year really bite!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:49 AM   #1086
bullet
Stone Warrior

mm that reminds me of when i was younger and still blindly followed christianity (this isn't to say christians are blind, i was blind because i believed for no good reason but to believe). it was during a group meeting that everyone was supposed to say summin that they wanted everyone to pray for...and i asked for a better year. i remember everyone going into a shock...apparently it's wrong to have a bad year because you should always see the good in all things. hah.

not that i wouldn't wanna see the silver lining and all...but sometimes sh!t just happens and it's stupid to think that it always amounts to some greater good. imo, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi heavenly6 View Post
I've just had a bad 2 years.
but wow...is everything going to hell? there's gotta be summin that makes you smile? if not, here's to a better year .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyGal
I hate how bad times seem to come in yearly chunks, at least for me anyway I find myself saying what a crappy year. why can't it be what a crappy week? funks that last more than a year really bite!
and you too

bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:12 AM   #1087
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
it was during a group meeting that everyone was supposed to say summin that they wanted everyone to pray for...and i asked for a better year. i remember everyone going into a shock...apparently it's wrong to have a bad year because you should always see the good in all things. hah.
Great post. I remember something similar a while back, and my response was pretty much the same.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:58 AM   #1088
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
but wow...is everything going to hell? there's gotta be summin that makes you smile? if not, here's to a better year
Yeah, basically. I mean, I'll spare everyone, but last year started ******, ended ******, and this year hasn't been much better yet.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:02 AM   #1089
Super Moderator

Last year was one of the most depressing years of my life. Not for any particular reason, but my mind was just getting more and more disturbed. This year has been great, though. A few rough spots here and there, but things are looking up, indeed.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #1090
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Gimme some of your good fortune.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:43 AM   #1091
Super Moderator

I got'cho back, buddy.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #1092
gobo
Wacky Action

Sometimes, problems are best to be ignored. And, that's my silver lining.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:00 AM   #1093
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I wish that was possible a lot of the time. But I've had a lot happen since the begining of 2006. Deaths, Financial problems, Family member's illnesses (Leading to more death, I swear it's any day now at this time. As horrible as it is that I can admit that.) Relationships, and so on, and so on.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #1094
SassyGal
Mad Scientist

Me too. I lost 2 babies in the span of 8 mths last year...totally depressing. But this year, I have a new doctor & we are determined to make this work. So here's to a better year for everyone And thanks for thinking of us bullet!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #1095
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate

Oh, that's just terrible, SassyGal. So sorry.

Hope you succeed this time, tho'

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #1096
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

I think a lot of folks our age are going through a 'quarter-life crisis' of sorts. I've dubbed it a 'pre-life crisis' myself because personally, I feel like I haven't even really started living yet.

Wish I could offer some advice, but I really wouldn't know. Guess you just have to ride it out or something. Well, good luck, man.

*E* That's terrible, SassyGal. I wish you the best.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #1097
SassyGal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
Oh, that's just terrible, SassyGal. So sorry.

Hope you succeed this time, tho'
Thanks Sewer Bull & thank you too, Mecha Cow you guys (all dromers ) are awesome & can make a gal feel better *hugs for all!!*
Old 05-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #1098
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

That's horrible that you had to go through that. I know someone who also did last year as well

As they said, hope this time is successful!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:42 PM   #1099
MadPirateBunny
Mad Scientist

Today I decided to make cornbread.
There were 3 boxes of muffin mix, only 2 of them were cornbread but for some reason I grabbed all three.

I opened two boxes and poured them in the bowl with the eggs and milk then stirred. Belated I realized it smelled of apples.

Then I found the third box
It was a corn muffin mix
I have accidently mixed one corn muffin box and one apple muffin mix so I'm going to have corn apple muffins and I pray they aren't terribly yucky.

oh and I just noticed.
It's not just apple muffins, it's apple cinnamon so that my muffins are corn apple cinnamon muffins.

Please don't be yucky.

on another note... *hugs sassy*

Note to self: Pillage first. THEN Burn.
MadPirateBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #1100
SassyGal
Mad Scientist

I'm sure your muffins will be yummy, Bunny You may have just created a new tast sensation

*returns bunny's hug* Thank you!

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip