The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-29-2016, 03:48 PM   #21
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Give Ninja Pug the cookie!

Report: ‘Castlevania’ Animated Series Developing From ‘Adventure Time’
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:48 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
1995 called.

Doesn't mean there can't be a new one.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:49 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Oh, so its not a Nintendo franchise after all. So much for that then.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

CastleVania eh? Interesting.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:57 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't see how they can do a show aimed at kids that's based on killing vampires and other monsters, especially since most of the series has blood and death in it.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:12 PM   #26
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Nice!

Wonder if this will be based off the older games of the Lord of Shadows reboot?

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

Wow, a Castlevania series huh? That could be pretty cool.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #28
snake
Disgusting

Y'know what? That's pretty awesome. I wonder if they'll use the same style AT used? I hope not, but I'd check it out anyways.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #29
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I hope this is true. I feel like CastleVania is a good fit for a cartoon.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #30
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

My only exposure to Castlevania is the Simon Belmont from the "Captain N" 80s cartoon.

I'm assuming the game isn't actually like this, or that the new potential cartoon won't be either.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Kind of ironic since Castlevania is practically a dead and abandoned franchise by Konami at this point.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:24 PM   #32
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

What about Star Fox? that deserves an animated series, Even though there's a fan series that's actually good.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:46 PM   #33
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

After reading over the Comics Alliance article plastron posted, the creative team and tone for the series sounds unique, considering Nick's current branding.

Other than 2012 TMNT, do any of their current major shows have a darker tone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:47 PM   #34
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
After reading over the Comics Alliance article plastron posted, the creative team and tone for the series sounds unique, considering Nick's current branding.

Other than 2012 TMNT, do any of their current major shows have a darker tone?
Pretty sure TMNT is their only action cartoon on the air at the moment. The rest are comedies.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:21 PM   #35
Wildcat
Foot Elite

It has to be Mario. If it is a Nintendo franchise they're talking about.

I don't think anything else would have the phrase "world famous" attached to it. As amazing a history Nintendo has nothing comes close to Mario-status in the general public.

Pokémon just recently went over to Disney XD.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:34 PM   #36
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Darn I was kind of hoping for something based on Final Fantasy. It was a Nintendo only franchise for most of its life. Castlevania could be cool though!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:34 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

To be honest it is weird that there's never been another Mario cartoon since the early 90's...which was nearly 25 years ago. There's also never been a Mario anime in Japan either, you'd think one of Nintendo's most popular franchises would have had a long running anime.

Its very strange.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:40 PM   #38
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't see a mario cartoon working unless they're 3 8 minute shorts per episode, but I guess I'd take it. I think next year I'll marathon all the Mario cartoons from the 80s early 90s.

I wouldn't want a Zelda cartoon, Link should be a silent hero. The original cartoon isn't actually that bad, you have to remember this was made with only Zelda 1 in mind so there wasn't a lot of story they could work with and ironically many things that first appeared in the show became staples of the legend of Zelda series, sure you can argue they're basic fantasy tropes but they started in the cartoon.

About a year ago I watched the Donkey Kong Country cartoon since it's uploaded legally on youtube. I remember really liking it as a kid but I rarely got to watch it. It's definitely a weird show but not that bad if you count that it's for kids. It's just a basic kids cartoon what makes it kind of bad is all the musical segments there are like 2 or 3 per episode and that's just too many. At the time it came out I thought the CG was great since there weren't that many cg cartoons back then, it's far from the worst offender, it was just generic for the time and now looks terrible but doesn't deserve all the hate.

Castlevania would be a cartoon I'd watch, funnily enough the guy who mentioned it got called out how it would never happen and now it's the name attached to the rumor I always liked the Castlevania "lore" and never understood how badly it was handled by Konami, it kept saying games were non-canon when it really didn't matter and would just do it for random reasons but here we were talking about battles that took generations so it made more sense to have more games and then we'd have so many remakes of the original game and now it's a dead franchise.

My vote for a Nintendo franchise that deserves a cartoon is also Star Fox, here you have a cast of characters which you need for a show, a large universe to explore, it can be CG and the team just goes on missions with a season arc, it writes itself and would get kids who like Star Wars into it. It's the only Nintendo IP that would have such a smooth transition but I doubt they'll ever take the risk sadly.

My dream show would be a Captain N revival, I just love the concept of "entering" video land and having adventures with vg classics, even if there are no third party characters just with Nintendo IPs you have enough for a show but sadly this probably has no chance. I remember reading Kevin and Princess Lana were owned by Nintendo but I can't find that info anywhere anymore so maybe I'm mistaken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
To be honest it is weird that there's never been another Mario cartoon since the early 90's...which was nearly 25 years ago. There's also never been a Mario anime in Japan either, you'd think one of Nintendo's most popular franchises would have had a long running anime.

Its very strange.
NOA had a lot more power in the past which is why there was tons of merchandising and media of their characters in the NES and beginning of the SNES era but after the SMB movie flopped so hard Nintendo gutted NOA and left them without much say and they were very restrictive with their IP and how much they licensed it which is why there was so little merchandise from the mid 90s to the late 00's, it wasn't until the 2010's that Nintendo began to experiment with it and like 3 years ago Iwata said they were expanding in their licensing as opportunities for money which is why we're now seeing Nintendo actively selling their IP for movies/shows, the Universal theme park, so many figures by so many companies etc
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:30 AM   #39
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Castlevania, Zelda, Megaman, Metroid, Final Fantasy, and/or Dragon Quest sound good to me.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:26 AM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of ironic that the kids of today aren't even familiar with most of these franchises anymore since they're from the 80's and 90's. The kids of today are most familiar with mobile phone or online games like Minecraft and Angry birds, or the Call of Duty/Battlefield crowd on consoles.

Even franchises like Halo aren't very popular anymore. And even though GTA V sold like 50 million copies, you never really see people talk about GTA as much as they did during the PS2 era. Other franchises like Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid seem to be on their last legs of franchise burnout too.