The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-11-2020, 02:52 AM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Huh. They kind of alluded that a future one would do that.

Meh, at this point whatever. IMHO these are all surprisingly fun. Didn't super dig "Hobbes and Shaw" though. That did a little bit too much.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #23
Sumac
Banned

Watched all 8 movies last week.
The most amusing thing was slow transformation of the series from mediocre criminal drama about street racers to batshit insane CGI fest G.I.Joe meets Missions: Impossible thing.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:50 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, it actually blows my mind what this franchise has become. Nobody could have predicted in the early 2000's what it'd turn into, let alone have 9+ sequels and spinoffs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:12 PM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Cars! In! SPAAAAAAACE!
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:25 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Moved to May now.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/f9-the-...d-to-may-2021/
Old 02-08-2021, 12:58 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So they finally let Helen Mirren drive. That was like her first requirement when she signed onto all of these but they hadn't let her yet.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:18 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

2nd trailer. Kind of... gives away too much, unnecessarily, IMO.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:20 AM   #29
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Wow, China really has Hollywood by the [you know what].
https://www.cnet.com/news/john-cenas...-need-to-know/

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:24 AM   #30
Sumac
Banned

This clearly shows where all those Hollywood "Social Justice Warriors" stand.

They only can deal with random people and "has beens" who don't want to follow "party line", but as soon as there is a prospect of a conflict with someone who can **** on them back, like Western Taiwan, they **** themselves and turn into obedient slugs.

And this ****s think they can dictate others "how to live their lives", lol.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:45 AM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Saw it. Decent. Not as fun as 8, but it felt more like a "real movie" than it. Justin Lin definitely knows how to shoot action better than anyone else in the franchise.

I don't like people coming back from the dead in something like this and the Han explanation, while checking the right boxes to exonerate Shaw and tell us how everything we saw was "true"... it's still pretty messy.

The trip to space by Roman and Tej probably got the biggest reactions from the audience.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:54 AM   #32
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah, it actually blows my mind what this franchise has become. Nobody could have predicted in the early 2000's what it'd turn into, let alone have 9+ sequels and spinoffs.

It's interesting, it seems that this is what Vin Diesel wanted to have "his" franchise and thought XXX and Chronicles of Riddick were going to be the "franchise" that made him huge. But he never found it, and without diesel FF died with the second movie and was forced to go to direct to video hell for the third, and it could've stuck like that but for whatever reason a fourth movie with vin diesel did well and now he has "his franchise" even if a decade late from when he was a hot hollywood movie star in the early 2000's.

That revival of his career hasn't helped him with other movies, at least not his revivals of Riddick and XXX. He's kind of like Robert Downey Jr in that sense, but I like Riddick and Diesel seems to love it so I'm sure we'll see another riddick movie even if he has to pay for it all.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:30 PM   #33
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

This is just too funny.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:03 PM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
That revival of his career hasn't helped him with other movies, at least not his revivals of Riddick and XXX. He's kind of like Robert Downey Jr in that sense, but I like Riddick and Diesel seems to love it so I'm sure we'll see another riddick movie even if he has to pay for it all.
Yeah, what the hell happened to Riddick 4? They were supposedly gearing up to film it like 5 years ago.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:36 AM   #35
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, what the hell happened to Riddick 4? They were supposedly gearing up to film it like 5 years ago.
Riddick 3 took forever to get made as well when it was supposed to "finally shoot" as well so it'll come out eventually. Riddick is Diesel's pet project, he loves the character and world but studio's aren't as crazy about it, so it's pretty much him who has to convince others to get it done and put his money to get it made but since he loves it, he's willing to do it. I think that's cool, we'll see it one day, most likely now that Fast Furious is finishing, he'll have more time to work on the stuff that won't actually get him a lot of money.

This one is supposed to be higher budget than Riddick 3 as well, which is good I want to explore the universe more, though I doubt it'll be as big as Riddick 2.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:37 AM   #36
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I found it such a pleasure to see this movie in Dolby Cinema the other week. The sound of cars driving was all around me. I know how Letty felt when she said at one point she was feeling herself and then suddenly a big change happened in her life. I'm sure she and I are not alone with the year-and-a-half we've had.

Spoiler:
I thought for sure that Cipher was gone for good, but of course, she's the vilest villain imaginable it made sense to save her for the next installment. Han's fake death was so cleverly done.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote