The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: That things about as useless as a turtle in a trenchcoat!
So that explains "Another Trap"! 4 4.82%
Raph, Master Of The Pigeons. 17 20.48%
Our crazy has become normal! 9 10.84%
Go ninja go ninja go! 33 39.76%
Dat Ending 0_0 20 24.10%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #81
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Hi guys,

Thank you for putting up the episode thread. I've been without internet for several days, and am only just popping in on a public access for the moment. I went ahead and stickied the thread for everyone.

Thanks!!

~Machias
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #82
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

So...yeah. Kinda late to this but, it was an alright episode. Find it interesting that the photo of Tang Shen Karai was looking at was half-torn up. No doubt that was intentional and who did that.

Liked Raph in this one. Especially when it's him of all people telling Don not to worry about April too much. Still begrudgingly on Leo's case on his leadership but shows he still cares about him. The part where he sees Leo falling I felt could've been a neat throwback to his reaction to almost losing Leo in the Season 2 finale (all two of them). And at the end where they kiss and make up was sweet.

Plus, am I the only one who was let down but slightly amused that we never get to see Leo's reaction to Splinter's revelation? Once he heard "She's my daughter" and thinking back to all the times they've modestly flirted with one another....yeah, so awkward, huh Leo?
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #83
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post

I actually dig this arc with Karai Shredder and Splinter. I'm eager to see where it goes. I hope that eventually Karai breaks loose on her own. Karai kind of had a fledgling big boss feel when she was sitting in her chair with foot soldiers at her side.
I totally agree. I feel like she's going to consider everyone a threat, go solo, and come back and try to off everybody. A Karai vs Shredder fight should be insane.
bridgegrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #84
Leo2k3
Random Punk

This episode was great. I liked the fight scenes between the turtles and the robotic foot soldiers. It is great to see the turtles with the bladed weapons cut loose a little.

Also did anyone notice how the episode was written?, It felt slightly different from previous episodes.
I was just wondering because this episode felt like, in terms of narrative, something from the 2003 series.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #85
CyberCubed
Overlord

I hope to god they mingle the human foot with the robot ones.

And Leo is like, "Should I stab this one or is it human?"
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #86
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I finally watched the episode off of my recording and this is probably my favorite episode of the season so far. While I disliked Raph and the others being mean to Leonardo (don't give me the explanation "they are brothers!"), I really think this was really well-writtened. I actually thought that Splinter was going to tell his three younger sons the truth but it made complete sense that Leo would be the first one to know. Good thing Leo is over his feelings towards her....I hope. But this also means that Leo will likely go back to his plan of convincing Karai to leave the Shredder's forces. Does anyone still think it is too soon for the turtles to know the truth? Yes and no, for me.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #87
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Why isn't Mikey's posh English voice in the episode poll? (¬_¬) I cannot endorse this exclusion.

"ELLO GUVNOR!"

God love the Cipes.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #88
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I hope to god they mingle the human foot with the robot ones.

And Leo is like, "Should I stab this one or is it human?"
Spoiler:
Old 11-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #89
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Definitely better than the last new episode.

Love the Ninja Rap reference!

"Leonardo,the reason you cannot date Karai is because she is your step-sister"-Splinter. Leo's reaction? Priceless.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #90
saber16
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
Spoiler:
That's HORRIBLE!

... and I can't stop laaaaughing!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #91
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES
Foot Soldier

I dont have cable so I usually buy the eps off psn, but for some reason they havent updated it with the new episode.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #92
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

oh, didn't know psn sold them

I use iTunes, they add episodes the day after they air (just after midnight, so if you are up late you can watch it then, like me :p)

A lot of people here use amazon and seem to have good experience with them
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #93
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Okay. I seriously want to watch this episode now!

I'm nervous that you guys think it's great, but I may not.

I watched a few clips from it recently (without dialogue), and all I have to say is this: Do the turtles learn nothing from the past? Do they not remember that Leo sacrificed his life for them? Why all of a sudden with the disrespect?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #94
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
Okay. I seriously want to watch this episode now!

I'm nervous that you guys think it's great, but I may not.

I watched a few clips from it recently (without dialogue), and all I have to say is this: Do the turtles learn nothing from the past? Do they not remember that Leo sacrificed his life for them? Why all of a sudden with the disrespect?
Leonardo wants them to fight the way he fights not fight the best they can to get out of situations. So its the others wanting to fight their own unique way instead of fighting Leonardo style. They have a point and need to learn to adapt to each other's fight styles. So Leo needs to learn and so do they. That is the issue.

I was surprised that the robotic foot soliders looked exactly like the human foot soldier. I thought their would be a visual difference.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #95
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Leonardo wants them to fight the way he fights not fight the best they can to get out of situations. So its the others wanting to fight their own unique way instead of fighting Leonardo style. They have a point and need to learn to adapt to each other's fight styles. So Leo needs to learn and so do they. That is the issue.

I was surprised that the robotic foot soliders looked exactly like the human foot soldier. I thought their would be a visual difference.
Then how come Leo didn't make a big deal out of this from the first season?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #96
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
Then how come Leo didn't make a big deal out of this from the first season?
Because of what you said in your previous post, he's come off sacrificing himself twice to save his brothers and the world, so now he feels that they should respect him and adopt how he fights, but in doing so he unknowingly shows a lack of respect to them and their fighting ability thinking of it as an insult to his leadership.

And Splinter's lecture afterward was basically saying you must allow yourself and others around you fight the way they are most comfortable to be most successful.

It's the equivalent of QB in the NFL who is better at running forcing them to be a pocket passer because "That's how it should be done."

You must allow people around you to work to their own strengths, it's a lesson that everyone must learn to be successful at what they do.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #97
JH24
Hench Mutant

^ Good point, jth. I hadn't thought about it from that angle.

That was a good episode. And with some nice interactions between Leo and Karai. The final confrontation was well done, both physically as well as emotionally. It seems Leo at the very least gave Karai something to think about.

The reveal at the end was very well done. I had hoped to see Leo's reaction but we'll probably get a flashback next time this storyline is picked up again.

I liked the Foot robots, although I would have preferred if they brought a number of stronger human ninja's from Japan instead. I did like though, that even though some were destroyed, the others were able to adapt themselves even to the turtles unpredictable fighting style. If this keeps up, we'll likely end up with a small group of elite fighting machines in the end.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #98
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Wow. This episode was brilliant. I liked the interactions between the turtles. That's really one thing they are getting right in this series. And dat ending. Wow.

Seems that the series is going to go through some brilliant character development soon. Loved the references to the movies. The humour is dying down a bit, but what I love about this series so far is they are pacing themselves. As long as the pacing stays the same, I'll be as happy as Mikey in a comic book and pizza heaven.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #99
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

This was a very interesting episode. The trenchcoat, Tang Shen, duct tape on the mouth while ripping it off (of Leo this time and not Raph from The Secret of the Ooze) and "Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go!" references were all great. The Baxter Stockman billboard was also a great thing to see but also a nice sign of the progression of Baxter even though we haven't seen him progress in an episode yet.

Raphael was treated nicely in this episode. He kind of assumed the role of leader and did a masterful job with pigeons at the same time. I thought it was great too that he comforted Donnie and had a moment with Leo when he came back. I also agreed with Raph that everyone trains in their own way and that Leo should understand that. That scene also reminded me of the rooftop scenes in TMNT too.

The Foot Bots are pretty cool. I was also thinking that they would look different in some way but at least their eyes glow some times. They appear tough and I like that about them. I also like that they adapt to the attacks that they are facing to become even more formidable. The turtles need a tougher normal enemy to fight.

I enjoyed that Karai went against her "father" and attacked the turtles anyway. She has her own grudge now and wants to have her own battles. I hope she continues to plan attacks while Shredder is in Japan.

The ending was surprising in that Splinter told: 1. just Leo and 2. so fast. I figured that Splinter wouldn't tell them for quite awhile but Leo now knows. I wonder how long the others won't know about Karai. I assume Raph might find out next or maybe they'll all three find out together soon.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #100
SpiderFly
Random Punk

(*first post victory dance*)

Really liked this episode. Though, there hasn't been an episode I haven't liked.

The relationship between these four brothers is awesome to watch. Leo being a know-it-all really gives the opportunity for his other three brothers to bully him, though sometimes they can take it too far. (especially Raph) When they wrote Lamenardo on Leo's sword I just wanted to hug him. My maternal instincts were kickin' in. Totally would have chewed them out.

My favorite moments would have to be when Mike and Don get past Leo, Leo in Karai's tiny cage, and the turtles having a bad influence on the robofoot.

-Leo's expression when Mikey boogies past him. XD And then he quickly turns around to see sneaky Donnie, you can tell he's probably thinking, "aw crap, Einstein's got something up his sleeve"

-I firmly believe that Karai's sticking big, tough Leo in that tiny cage just speaks to her adorable sense of humor

-And Mikey screaming that their crazy has become normal as the robofoot hop like monkeys after them, hilarious!

Also, there's something that has been bugging me for a while about the whole Karai/Leo dynamic. It might not actually be a problem because it depends upon a lot of factors but . . . aren't they technically, genetically, related? If Splinter is Karai's biological father and he was the one that supplied the turtles with the human half of their dna then . . . would that not make her their sister? If so, Leo must be all kinds of mortified right now. I hope I have it wrong though. I don't think the writers intended for it to play out like that.
SpiderFly is offline   Reply With Quote