The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-02-2022, 08:13 PM   #9361
Leo656
The Franchise

They had to bring him back just now, actually, but it's still on his record. They must have given him a stern talking to because he's being all quiet and meek, now.

It's still great though. Dude knocks his wife around, calls the cops on HER because "Nobody will believe you"... gets arrested. Guy's got more arrests for this kinda sh*t than I've got hair on my balls. Some people never learn.

I kinda hope he starts again, just so we can call them and get him taken out again. Last time that happened, he ended up in the hospital and tried to OD on his meds. Hopefully next time they don't revive him. TWICE in the past two or three years, he pulled his sh*t, ended up getting locked up temporarily and then tried to kill himself.

I've told him a thousand times, if he wants to be dead so bad don't do it the "cry for attention" way, just go ahead and do it the right way. Not one person outside of this house would even notice or care if he was dead, and we're all sitting here like "Just do it already." But he won't. Not done terrorizing people.

I'll take any small victory I can get, though. I love that he got taken outta here by the same cops he called, even if just for a few hours. That's so cool.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:16 PM   #9362
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
See if you guys can get a restraining order against him,
She perpetually has that option because he's on record as having assaulted her many times, and he's had more arrests for drunken disorderly and so forth than I can even count.

She just doesn't wanna lose the house, is the thing. Which makes sense because we live in a VERY nice neighborhood. It's in both of their names and that's the only leverage he has, otherwise he'd have been long gone.

She supposedly has some money coming in from something, though, and if that happens she apparently won't need to rely on him anymore. So, fingers crossed.

Old 06-03-2022, 01:10 PM   #9363
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wanted to go get the inspection over with today, but brother-in-law reminded me that because he had to clear it after the engine light came on for a minor thing, it won't pass if the drive cycle hasn't completed...

I can't really find enough info on how many miles that would even need, could be 50 or more, but of course more driving costs a lot more these days... work is close to home so I'm not usually going very far...it's due the 22nd and I have a limited number of days I'm even available to to take it over there because of work...

My only option is probably to have to waste time and gas money going over there only to have it fail and have to waste more going back later. If it failed I'd probably get an extension on it, but that means pushing the annual date it's due later, which means sitting in a hot car waiting our turn and/or burning fuel running the A/C. (It used to be due in April until they failed me on the darn wipers that one time...)

To think some states don't even have to do inspections at all...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 05:16 AM   #9364
Leo656
The Franchise

Somehow got an ear infection. This ought'a be a fun week

I'm just gonna try and ride it out this time. Last time I had one I had some drops but that just made everything 100x more painful, so I'm not even gonna bother with that.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:05 PM   #9365
superstaff
Mad Scientist

So I found this:

Quote:
Specifically a cis bi woman married to a cis straight man. ?? Being bi in a hetero relationship obviously doesn’t negate someone’s queerness, but it does make it a lot easier to ignore extant homophobia
Since this basically applies to me, I honestly feel it grinds my gears. It's the same basic 'bi people in hetero relationships have it SOOOO easy' crap that the LGBT+ community is constantly peddling. Funny thing, I've had people take a dump on me from both 'sides', be it the straight (often religious) people and the gays (other bisexuals and trans people tend to stay out of it, though not always). I've been a victim of biphobia and homophobia. But often the LG+ bullies just snarkily tell me they'll play the smallest violin for me, or post some asinine gif or meme to mock me. Some 'allies', right? Yet they'll post their stupid rainbow flags, and the other pride flags proudly on their stupid Twitters or whatever, and talk about how they love everyone in the community.

Happy Pride Month, you hypocritical assholes.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 08:38 PM   #9366
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The colors in the flag probably don't represent different demographics in that community, do they? If they did I'd be thinking someone needs to snarkily offer the hypocrites an edited version more true to their support.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:04 PM   #9367
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
The colors in the flag probably don't represent different demographics in that community, do they? If they did I'd be thinking someone needs to snarkily offer the hypocrites an edited version more true to their support.
There's different types of flags that represent different sub-groups. The rainbow is usually considered the 'main one', though it technically represents gays and lesbians/homosexuals (there's a flag specifically for lesbians, though it's very rarely used or displayed even amongst lesbians).
Old 06-07-2022, 09:47 PM   #9368
mrmaczaps
Banned

Perpetually offended people just piss me off.

This couple decided to go to a local restaurant, they've gone to for YEARS. But the other day they decided to get offended by some of the art on the glass dividers between the main walking space and the dining area because it depicts "cowboys & Inidians"... guy claims to be part "native" & so they pitched a fit about sitting next to this image thats been there at least 2 decades if not more. They filmed part of it & posted it to facistbook. On their business page mind you and have blocked the business they're complaining about & the owners (who they apparently know)... they claim they were tossed out because he is native not because they bitched about the decor.

Do these types understand that being offended is a choice? That they can chose to eat there or not & no one forced them to go there? Businesses are struggling as it is and this is one of the better places to eat...

Plus their business page has daily posts that read "it doesn't cost anything to be kind"... so, you know me, I went & trolled their posts. ah well. Gotta have some fun, right? "Your comment doesn't sound very kind..." "maybe practice some of that kindness you preach" and I reminded them natives used to be called savages because they liked t slaughter each other and some of the early settlers of America.... lol. Nutters.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 11:04 PM   #9369
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post

This couple decided to go to a local restaurant, they've gone to for YEARS. But the other day they decided to get offended by some of the art on the glass dividers between the main walking space and the dining area because it depicts "cowboys & Inidians"... guy claims to be part "native" & so they pitched a fit about sitting next to this image thats been there at least 2 decades if not more. They filmed part of it & posted it to facistbook. On their business page mind you and have blocked the business they're complaining about & the owners (who they apparently know)... they claim they were tossed out because he is native not because they bitched about the decor.

Do these types understand that being offended is a choice? That they can chose to eat there or not & no one forced them to go there? Businesses are struggling as it is and this is one of the better places to eat...

Plus their business page has daily posts that read "it doesn't cost anything to be kind"... so, you know me, I went & trolled their posts. ah well. Gotta have some fun, right? "Your comment doesn't sound very kind..." "maybe practice some of that kindness you preach" and I reminded them natives used to be called savages because they liked t slaughter each other and some of the early settlers of America.... lol. Nutters.
Did they respond or just outright block you?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 05:08 AM   #9370
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I think, especially in recent times, people are just itching to pick fights in general. Whenever I've accidentally bumped into someone or something like that in the last two or so years, people glare or get pissed off rather than understand that it's an accident. People are stressed and angry all the time now. I smile, and they don't. I laugh at something, they get annoyed. I compliment their shirts (I'm weirdo who can't resist), they tend to brush it off or ignore me altogether.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:43 PM   #9371
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Still fighting with the engine light/drive cycle/pending inspection issue...

Had hoped to get the drive cycle complete in the next few day so I could hopefully get it inspected next week, but oh, never mind... the light came on again, meaning it would need to be cleared again, meaning the miles I've put on it in the past several days now don't count for the frigging drive cycle since it reset it again. (I can't even find a clear answer on how many miles or whatever it even requires!)

Bought a new gas cap and hoping that's all it needs, but no clue. Brother in law will take a look, but also prob aught to get it into the shop I take it, but there's a bit of an issue with them probably not getting it in there soon enough, my only being able to take it to inspection a couple days next week, none the week it's due, and needing transportation for work...

Really starting to hate that this state doesn't allow auto shops to do inspections. Would be so nice if the shop I take it to could just fix whatever it is and do inspection and be done... but no, we have to make it difficult.

If I take it to inspection knowing it's just going to fail then I'm wasting gas and money and I only get a 20 day extension to get the issue fixed (with work and the drive cycle being a hurdle in there) and use more gas taking it back over. If I don't, then it's an extra late fee on top of the cost of the renewal, which won't be any better.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-08-2022 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:12 PM   #9372
Leo656
The Franchise

Holy sh*t, I swear I've heard the name "Donald Trump" more since he's been gone than I ever did when he was in the goddamn White House.

The Democrats really are a one-issue party, with that one issue being "We're Not Trump!" Because that's their sole talking point. Inflation through the roof, $5+ gasoline, people refusing to go back to work, a useless vaccine that's probably killing more people than it's "saving"... when you can't stand on your own record, demonize the opposition. "We're not Trump!"

Yeah, clearly. Under Trump we had a great economy and record-low unemployment. If not for the media manipulating the pandemic narrative, he would've coasted to an easy win. And now two years later the media STILL won't shut up about him. "THERE'S BLOOD ON HIS HANDS!" So f*cking annoying if all you wanna do is go cook and not be force-fed all this crap.

We'll see how it goes if the Dems get clobbered in the midterm elections. Which seems very likely; people stop caring about "climate change", vaccine mandates and LGBTQ+ education for Kindergarten kids in a hurry when they're paying $5 for a loaf of bread. That's how Republicans always end up taking things back every few years; it always comes down to simple economics. People whine and cry about social issues, until they have empty pockets, at which point they turn around and vote red. Which makes me wish they'd spare us all the years of virtue-signaling caterwauling in the interim years.

Regardless. SO sick of having to hear about Donald Goddamn Trump every time I go downstairs. Didn't the liberals swear that once they were back in power we could "move on and forget" about his little "reign of terror"? Except they won't LET us forget. Because as usual, Democrats can't do anything except Blame Someone Else.

Old 06-13-2022, 12:21 PM   #9373
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
We'll see how it goes if the Dems get clobbered in the midterm elections. Which seems very likely; people stop caring about "climate change", vaccine mandates and LGBTQ+ education for Kindergarten kids in a hurry when they're paying $5 for a loaf of bread.
Are they now?

I don't really see this. Every time I bring this subject up, people just say they're willing to pay the $5 bread and $5+ per gallon gas for the Ukraine's sake.

This happens every election cycle. The 'hot button' issues are what gets people hopped up enough to go out and vote. This is why the media and politicians like to work their 'magic' to bring these issues to the forefront at times like these. It just works. Because people are stupid, and treat politics like a team sport. Two teams, two colors. People screaming in their opponents' supporters' faces. Election time is just a boring Superbowl without weird commercials, beer, or pork rinds.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:33 PM   #9374
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, as you well know we live in a Blue State but my immediate bubble is a Red Zone. NOBODY in my immediate vicinity is thrilled about the current situation, and a few people are having to quit their jobs and try to find new ones because they can't even afford to get to work.

I'm even gradually hearing the general Ukraine narrative shifting away from "Those poor people!" to "F*ck 'em, I didn't sign up for all this inflation, we got our own problems."

Bottom line, people get cranky when they're broke. And whatever values they virtue-signal about otherwise goes away when they decide they're done being broke. They'll back whoever puts more money in their pockets, when all is said and done.

But I mean, that's all anecdotal. I'm sure some lunatics are saying they're "fine" with inflation, but let's see what tune they're playing when they have to choose between buying their kids food or Christmas presents.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:54 AM   #9375
superstaff
Mad Scientist

This hasn't happened to me recently, though I saw it happen to someone else, more or less.

Here is a simplified explanation of a scenario that grinds my gears...

Me: I'm depressed. How can I, like, cope with it better?

Person: Focus on you, what you can control, and finding things that bring you joy. Things that make you feel like a kid again. Riding a bike. Laying in the grass and watching the clouds. Drawing/painting. It’s different for everyone. Those are just some examples.

Me: I guess I could always go watch cartoons or read comics--

Person: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a second. You, a 30+ year old, enjoy...CARTOONS AND COMICS?

Me: ...Yes.

Person: LOL WOW YOU ARE ONE SICK PEDO F*CK! JESUS CHRIST. NO WONDER YOU'RE DEPRESSED! NOBODY WANTS TO BE AROUND A SICKO LIKE YOU.

Me: ...Cool beans. Thanks for the 'advice'. D*ck.
Old 06-14-2022, 01:19 PM   #9376
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I love how some adults (and understandably insecure teens) think we're too old for cartoons and comics. Who the heck do they think CREATES them?? Kids? I mean, you don't enter a career in animation or comics just because you needed a job and that's all that you could find at the time... Obvious proof that there are tons of adults who love animation and comics and they can't see the forest for the trees.

Grind... car isn't back yet, really wishing mechanics could offer a late inspection/renewal waiver if someone's car is 'trapped' in their shop just prior to or during the time inspection is due. Rather unfair to have to face a late fee for getting unseen repairs -- that ensure it's safe for the road! -- that had bad timing.

Bad enough I can't even take it myself next week and may have to get someone else to, last thing I needed was something else to limit the days it could even be taken... so because Juneteenth is Sunday, the DMV has to be closed for it on Monday. Wtf DMV, thanks...

And really stressing over what is the cheaper option, wasting gas with these prices and having it fail (and forced to burn more to go back later) due to an issue that might not be resolved and/or a drive cycle that has not had time to complete (whoever thought up that BS is pure evil) OR going late and accepting the late fee on top of renewal cost (on top of gas prices on top of a pricey auto repair bill )...and then push the date forward a month when it'll be even hotter every time waiting in the inspection lanes. I really hate to be late and drive around hoping no cop notices that it's expired

I know I've complained about this a lot lately, but really... UGH. Life right now feels like trying to do a 10 piece puzzle in the dark with 20 pieces and they're all somehow supposed to fit.
Old 06-14-2022, 01:38 PM   #9377
Leo656
The Franchise

"Adults" are supposed to spend their time and money on "adult pursuits", such as alcoholism, sportsball games, and Celebrity Tabloid Gossip Trash.

Y'know, "grown-up things".

Old 06-14-2022, 02:05 PM   #9378
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
"Adults" are supposed to spend their time and money on "adult pursuits", such as alcoholism, sportsball games, and Celebrity Tabloid Gossip Trash.

Y'know, "grown-up things".
Lol I hear that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 02:11 PM   #9379
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The world would be a much better place if people watched and listened to Twilight Sparkle's friendship lessons instead of getting drunk and high.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 02:18 PM   #9380
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The world would be a much better place if people watched and listened to Twilight Sparkle's friendship lessons instead of getting drunk and high.
If there's nothing else we can all agree on unanimously in this forum, can it please be this?