The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 06-03-2015, 02:43 PM   #141
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician

Colorado Lunch Lady Does Good Deed & Gets Her Just Desserts

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7496352.html

Is generosity only legal around the Christmas holidays? That's my honest opinion.
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #142
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-am...2436?cid=sm_fb
Quote:
Chinese Actress Sued for Her Intense Stare

Zhao Wei, one of the most famous stars in China, has been sued for staring too intensely at the plaintiff through the television screen.

A new court regulations system was passed in China, which authorities hoped would "put an end to obstructive behavior by courts and officials meddling in cases," according to The Associated Press. However, an unintended consequence of this change is the increase in frivolous cases like the man who claims Wei's stare caused him "spiritual damage."
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #143
Powder
So tired of this place

Whaaaaaaaat?

If I move to China can I sue reality TV stars for existing?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:59 PM   #144
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

#scopophobia
Old 06-11-2015, 04:06 AM   #145
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician

OVERTON, TX; Two little sisters tried to raise money to get their dad a Father's Day gift by opening a lemonade stand, were shut down by the police!

First McKinney, now this? I wouldn't dare wear a blue uniform!
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #146
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^That's pretty garbage...
Old 01-22-2016, 07:13 PM   #147
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Be careful when bathing, or you might just end up pink:
http://news.yahoo.com/girl-misused-b...223941069.html

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:15 AM   #148
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

So this happened close where I live.

http://www.fvn.no/lokalt/kristiansan...s-2955315.html
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:25 PM   #149
Apollo976
Random Punk

Saw this today and thought it was pretty funny.
http://mashable.com/2016/03/21/boaty.../#UaVrtK0xTPqw
Apollo976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:00 PM   #150
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

While this happened at the end of last December, it's still very worth sharing.

Nicolas Cage accidentally bought a black market Mongolian Tyrannosaurus in a bid. And had it returned to the Mongolian government once he learned out it ended up in the bid in the first place.

This isn't all that surprising, since a lot of dinosaur fossils come out of Mongolia that way; it's how Deinocherus' full body evaded us for so long.

I think the funniest part about it is that he outbid Leonardo DiCaprio for it.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:49 AM   #151
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Not really "weird" news, but Orlando Bloom decided to move to Waco, Texas...where I am currently living.
Waco is a pretty tiny place, so I feel a chance of at least seeing him somewhere. If I ever get out more.

It's a really weird, choice though. Of all the tiny towns in all the states in all the nation, and he comes to this one? That's only on the map because of an interior decorating show and a tragic biker shooting in a restaurant that's still closed?
Old 06-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #152
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Not really "weird" news, but Orlando Bloom decided to move to Waco, Texas...where I am currently living.
Waco is a pretty tiny place, so I feel a chance of at least seeing him somewhere. If I ever get out more.

It's a really weird, choice though. Of all the tiny towns in all the states in all the nation, and he comes to this one? That's only on the map because of an interior decorating show and a tragic biker shooting in a restaurant that's still closed?
Hmm... maybe I should head out to Waco and try to bump into him for an autograph. See if he can give me the phone numbers for Geoffrey Rush, Johnny, and Keira, too.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:28 AM   #153
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

With the traffic here? Good luck.

I would, however, like to be a fly on the wall if he's ever at Twisted Root, where they give you cards with celebrity/character names when your order's ready. Just to watch two people stand up when "Orlando Bloom" is called, only for the real Orlando Bloom to sit down, remembering that his card is "Danny deVito" or something.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:28 AM   #154
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

So this happened in my city
http://norwaytoday.info/news/man-sho...dies-injuries/

The Police got a call from a 'concerned citizen' about a man carrying a gun, when the Police arrived at the scene a car chase ensued. The 35 year old shot at the police while driving his car away from them, so it was completely Texas.

None of the officers are suspended during the investigation as the act was considered legal, but they are on light work duty and are under their supervisors care encase of physiological trauma.

It is the fourth person that's been shot dead by Police Officers in Norway the last 14 years, it's a pretty high number.

It's really surreal, I'm fairly certain I know who the guy was, as he lives in same town as my dad does and I think his step daughter goes in same class as my little brother.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #155
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So... future Bebop?

Quote:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...ealth-science/

Human-Pig Hybrid Created in the Lab—Here Are the Facts
Scientists hope the chimera embryos represent key steps toward life-saving lab-grown organs.

In a remarkable—if likely controversial—feat, scientists announced today that they have created the first successful human-animal hybrids. The project proves that human cells can be introduced into a non-human organism, survive, and even grow inside a host animal, in this case, pigs.

This biomedical advance has long been a dream and a quandary for scientists hoping to address a critical shortage of donor organs.

The team then took stem cells from rats and injected them into pig blastocysts. This version failed—not surprisingly, since rats and pigs have dramatically different gestation times and evolutionary ancestors.

But pigs have a notable similarity to humans. Though they take less time to gestate, their organs look a lot like ours.

Not that these similarities made the task any easier. The team discovered that, in order to introduce human cells into the pigs without killing them, they had to get the timing just right.

“We tried three different types of human cells, essentially representing three different times” in the developmental process, explains Jun Wu, a Salk Institute scientist and the paper’s first author. Through trial and error, they learned that naïve pluripotent cells—stem cells with unlimited potential—didn’t survive as well as ones that had developed a bit more.

When those just-right human cells were injected into the pig embryos, the embryos survived. Then they were put into adult pigs, which carried the embryos for between three and four weeks before they were removed and analyzed.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #156
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

A man in Finland was raped by a pig and when the staff caught him , he pulled up his pants and tried to flee but fell in the pig sti.

According to Finnish law he can't be prosecuted as long as the animal wasn't hurt , meaning sex with animals is legal there :

He was arrested for DUI and disturbing the peace , though
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:18 AM   #157
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
A man in Finland was raped by a pig and when the staff caught him , he pulled up his pants and tried to flee but fell in the pig sti.

According to Finnish law he can't be prosecuted as long as the animal wasn't hurt , meaning sex with animals is legal there :

He was arrested for DUI and disturbing the peace , though
omg link plz

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:04 AM   #158
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/man-...r-flera-brott/

Not making this up , it's been in the news.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:35 AM   #159
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Elvis airplane goes for more than 400k , an LP record goes for over 6k....not too shabby prices for a man that's been gone 40 yrs now.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #160
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Those that follow I F#&%ing Love Science on FB may have seen this already, but for others that haven't...

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and...ve-gone-viral/
Spoiler:

Quote:
So what happened here? Well, we finally have an explanation. After a lot of teasing, the Oregon State Police gave an explanation on their website about the incident, in a post titled "Slime Eel Crash on Highway 101".

They explain that the Mitsubishi truck (seen some distance from the slime-covered cars in the photos) was transferring 7,500 pounds of hagfish, known as "slime eels", despite not actually being eels, up the highway. When the vehicle was flagged to stop by a traffic cop, the driver, Salvatore Tragale, attempted to stop. Unfortunately, the transfer of weight caused one of the containers to come loose, and slide onto the road and tip over. The other containers soon followed suit, and separated from the bed of the truck, spilling onto the highway.

When one of the loose containers struck the Nissan car (covered in hagfish in the photographs above) it caused a pileup of cars behind it. The cars were covered in eels, with the Nissan at the front, driven by Kim Randall, 64, the unlucky recipient of the most fish.

Unfortunately for all involved, when hagfish become stressed they secrete mucus, which is the slime that can be seen in the photos and this video, captured by a witness.

Quote:
"The cars were covered in eels..."
...that were actually hagfish understandably freaking out and doing what hagfish do.

I'm curious how many drivers of those cars died, or at least half died on the inside, in this incident. Not from the accident, but from sheer horror. Not to mention a probably dumbfounded cop who decided to pull over the truck and watched it take place as a result.