The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 10-18-2016, 08:52 PM   #41
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I know this is off topic but you liked the animation style in Dragonball Super, how?
Old 10-19-2016, 08:18 AM   #42
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I know this is off topic but you liked the animation style in Dragonball Super, how?
There is no how or why, I simply like it.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:47 PM   #43
Powder
So tired of this place

It just comes naturally.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #44
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
For a man who claims he paid out of pocket for someone else's toy commercial for nine years, he sure seems difficult to negotiate with.
I think that might be why it took a long time to bring the 80s series to DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some of us grew up, pallie.
And some of us learned to respect and appreciate different Turtles creations, that's growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
This ain't the realm of Saturday Morning Cartoons anymore, this is the age of thought-provoking cartoons, dammit!
Thought-provoking cartoons? You have a cartoon about four teenage mutant ninja turtles trained by their pet rat fighting ninjas and aliens. How thought provoking and serious do you want it to be. People like you make me laugh sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Yeah, but it's hacked to bits and makes no sense narrative-wise. And one version have extra footage for later seasons episodes showed in.
There's the TV movie version which is about 85 minutes and leaves out a lot of plot. That's difficult to find. Then there's the UK 'How It All Began' video version which uses stuff from Season 2 episodes. That's readily available on VHS, search ebay.

As a fan of the Fred Wold series I don't feel that Season 1 needs to be remade as anime since it was already made by Toei. Best just to start something new or adapt the Archie comics in cartoon format. I have to say I am kind of offended by some so called 'fans' here bashing someone's thread. The OP was asking a question and people who hate the OT went down his throat as though they view the cartoon as a threat. Talk about needing to grow up. I do feel the OT does need it's own thread to stop people unnecessarily trolling.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:46 PM   #45
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I actually just spent the last couple hours developing an entire backstory and plot ideas for a remake and it perfectly blends elements of Mirage, Archie/Fred Wolf, 4Kids, Nickelodeon and IDW, so it's certainly not that impossible to come up with a decent iteration. The thing is it would definitely take a lot of time and patience to really figure out where to go with it. I even came up with a more believable way the mutagen works. I'd kinda like to pitch this to Kevin Eastman down the road once I've made a name for myself with my own original ideas. What can I say, I've got some big ambitions.

www.jephael.com

Last edited by Jephael; 10-20-2016 at 10:52 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:01 PM   #46
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post

Thought-provoking cartoons? You have a cartoon about four teenage mutant ninja turtles trained by their pet rat fighting ninjas and aliens. How thought provoking and serious do you want it to be. People like you make me laugh sometimes. :
Not saying TMNT has to be thought provoking but if a series about a kid with a funny hat who travels with his magical dog can give a great allegory for Alzheimer, a suger coated series where a girl has a magical wand can show grey and gray morality, and a series about a horseman who use to be in a hit TV show can question the viewers character then I don't see why TMNT doesn't have the potential to be thought provoking
Old 10-21-2016, 01:38 AM   #47
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Not saying TMNT has to be thought provoking but if a series about a kid with a funny hat who travels with his magical dog can give a great allegory for Alzheimer, a suger coated series where a girl has a magical wand can show grey and gray morality, and a series about a horseman who use to be in a hit TV show can question the viewers character then I don't see why TMNT doesn't have the potential to be thought provoking
What series would those be?
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:48 AM   #48
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

In order, Adventure Time, Star vs The Forces of Evil and Bojack Horseman.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:54 AM   #49
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I think that might be why it took a long time to bring the 80s series to DVD.

And some of us learned to respect and appreciate different Turtles creations, that's growing up.

Thought-provoking cartoons? You have a cartoon about four teenage mutant ninja turtles trained by their pet rat fighting ninjas and aliens. How thought provoking and serious do you want it to be. People like you make me laugh sometimes.

There's the TV movie version which is about 85 minutes and leaves out a lot of plot. That's difficult to find. Then there's the UK 'How It All Began' video version which uses stuff from Season 2 episodes. That's readily available on VHS, search ebay.

As a fan of the Fred Wold series I don't feel that Season 1 needs to be remade as anime since it was already made by Toei. Best just to start something new or adapt the Archie comics in cartoon format. I have to say I am kind of offended by some so called 'fans' here bashing someone's thread. The OP was asking a question and people who hate the OT went down his throat as though they view the cartoon as a threat. Talk about needing to grow up. I do feel the OT does need it's own thread to stop people unnecessarily trolling.
Because even in my short time here, this is far from the first time this particular topic has been made. No fault of the OP as he couldn't have possibly have known. But reading into our reactions should give you a clear idea of how tired most of us are of Fred Wolf anything. None of us hate it just it's Solomon Grundy like vitality.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:44 PM   #50
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Read Mirage sometime! You might be surprised. Hell, even Archie has it's moments.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:04 PM   #51
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
In order, Adventure Time, Star vs The Forces of Evil and Bojack Horseman.
Three shows I haven't seen a lick of, although I was thinking one of them might be Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:42 AM   #52
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Three shows I haven't seen a lick of, although I was thinking one of them might be Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir.
Also a good choice.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:09 AM   #53
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
People are still asking for OT remakes when we literally just got one that just hit the theaters as well as a TV show that's slowly becoming the OT all over again thanks to Brandon "Fanservice" Auman?

I mean, it's bad enough the toy line is becoming the OT toy line all over again, what with all this WWE nonsense and the sculpts being complete sh*t. Guys, grow up. The OT is fun for nostalgia purposes, but it was an 80s tactic that only worked in the 80s. This ain't the realm of Saturday Morning Cartoons anymore, this is the age of thought-provoking cartoons, dammit!

You already have your OT to look back on, I want my fully serious and thought-provoking television cartoon about mutant turtles who know ninjitsu, and I want it now! (So, no, I don't think this is a good idea at all. The franchise is already become more OT-ridden and less creative. Leave the OT be).
This!

Wait, Auman is the reason for the OT elements?

Quote:
You have a cartoon about four teenage mutant ninja turtles trained by their pet rat fighting ninjas and aliens. How thought provoking and serious do you want it to be.
Batman, Spiderman, Antman, Wolverine, Rocket Raccoon, Groot. Nuff said.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #54
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
People are still asking for OT remakes when we literally just got one that just hit the theaters as well as a TV show that's slowly becoming the OT all over again thanks to Brandon "Fanservice" Auman?

I mean, it's bad enough the toy line is becoming the OT toy line all over again, what with all this WWE nonsense and the sculpts being complete sh*t. Guys, grow up. The OT is fun for nostalgia purposes, but it was an 80s tactic that only worked in the 80s. This ain't the realm of Saturday Morning Cartoons anymore, this is the age of thought-provoking cartoons, dammit!

You already have your OT to look back on, I want my fully serious and thought-provoking television cartoon about mutant turtles who know ninjitsu, and I want it now! (So, no, I don't think this is a good idea at all. The franchise is already become more OT-ridden and less creative. Leave the OT be).
You already got it with the 2003 cartoon. That is likely the closest you will get to what you are referring to in other media.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:06 PM   #55
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
You already got it with the 2003 cartoon. That is likely the closest you will get to what you are referring to in other media.
To say the 2003 series was as good as a TMNT show can get is laughable. That show, as good as it was, still had a lot of shortcomings, and not just in the last couple of seasons. If someone can make an amazing animated show out of two kids on summer vacation to a hick town, then surely someone can take TMNT seriously enough to make it just as good or better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Wait, Auman is the reason for the OT elements?
To be fair, I don't know, but considering that these blatant references didn't show up until he came on the writing team (and his short at SDCC, jam-packed with dopey jabs at other TMNT media), it's not really much of a stretch in my mind.

Quote:
Thought-provoking and serious enough to floor me. There are stupider-sounding premises out there that have done it. Why should TMNT be any different? Because it had its Adam West show that nobody can let go of for whatever reason.

Also, Crisler's Law. I knew I'd bump into ye again someday.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:20 AM   #56
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
This!

Batman, Spiderman, Antman, Wolverine, Rocket Raccoon, Groot. Nuff said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Read Mirage sometime! You might be surprised. Hell, even Archie has it's moments.
I never said that Turtles shouldn't have intelligent storylines I'm saying that if Turtles becomes too thought provoking it becomes too serious all the time and with a concept like Ninja Turtles it has to be about balance. Hope that clarifies things.

Quote:

Thought-provoking and serious enough to floor me. There are stupider-sounding premises out there that have done it. Why should TMNT be any different? Because it had its Adam West show that nobody can let go of for whatever reason.
Let go of what? Can't people still like the Fred Wolf series? How does the Adam West series make it any less valid that any other incarnation of Batman? You can be snobbish and disregard the original animated series but that's a childish way of looking at the franchise, ironic considering you'd probably level that particular criticism of being childish at the Fred Wolf cartoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
Because even in my short time here, this is far from the first time this particular topic has been made. No fault of the OP as he couldn't have possibly have known. But reading into our reactions should give you a clear idea of how tired most of us are of Fred Wolf anything. None of us hate it just it's Solomon Grundy like vitality.
To be honest I never visit the 4Kids or Nick forum, I'm sure I'd get bored of hearing about those shows while on those forums. So what do I do? I ignore that part of the forum since I have nothing interesting to contribute. I don't hate those shows, I just don't have an affinity for them like the 80s cartoon. So that's why I think it's a good idea to create a new forum on this site for the 80s series. People can then just ignore the Fred Wolf series leaving the people who enjoy talking about it. Non-fans of that show therefore don't get stressed and they'll be less hate towards threads like this. Everybody's happy, simples.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:40 AM   #57
Allio
Foot Elite

have I missed the post regarding cybercubed not understanding anime yet?
Old 10-30-2016, 12:57 PM   #58
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Let go of what? Can't people still like the Fred Wolf series? How does the Adam West series make it any less valid that any other incarnation of Batman? You can be snobbish and disregard the original animated series but that's a childish way of looking at the franchise, ironic considering you'd probably level that particular criticism of being childish at the Fred Wolf cartoon.

To be honest I never visit the 4Kids or Nick forum, I'm sure I'd get bored of hearing about those shows while on those forums. So what do I do? I ignore that part of the forum since I have nothing interesting to contribute. I don't hate those shows, I just don't have an affinity for them like the 80s cartoon. So that's why I think it's a good idea to create a new forum on this site for the 80s series. People can then just ignore the Fred Wolf series leaving the people who enjoy talking about it. Non-fans of that show therefore don't get stressed and they'll be less hate towards threads like this. Everybody's happy, simples.
No, don't get me wrong. I like the Fred Wolf series and I like the 4Kids series.

But you can't lie that one gets a LOT more coverage by Viacom over the other. There's no ignoring something that is all over the franchise now. Whether it be obvious and blatant "references" in the Nick show, or the live action adaptation of the OT (rather than, idk, a reinterpretation of TMNT as a whole using elements from many incarnations of TMNT like IDW or, heck, the original movie), you can't deny that the OT is everywhere because of Viacom and there's no ignoring it.

My issue with that is nobody can seem to move on from a cheesy TMNT and accept a darker, more interesting story-wise approach. Okay, scratch that -- Viacom can't seem to move on. I'm very fond of the OT, it's what got me into TMNT to begin with, but there's a time and a place. All the time and at all the places is not what TMNT as a franchise deserves in my and a lot of others' opinions.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:13 PM   #59
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
No, don't get me wrong. I like the Fred Wolf series and I like the 4Kids series.

But you can't lie that one gets a LOT more coverage by Viacom over the other. There's no ignoring something that is all over the franchise now. Whether it be obvious and blatant "references" in the Nick show, or the live action adaptation of the OT (rather than, idk, a reinterpretation of TMNT as a whole using elements from many incarnations of TMNT like IDW or, heck, the original movie), you can't deny that the OT is everywhere because of Viacom and there's no ignoring it.

My issue with that is nobody can seem to move on from a cheesy TMNT and accept a darker, more interesting story-wise approach. Okay, scratch that -- Viacom can't seem to move on. I'm very fond of the OT, it's what got me into TMNT to begin with, but there's a time and a place. All the time and at all the places is not what TMNT as a franchise deserves in my and a lot of others' opinions.
That's fine but I think there needs to be a passage of time for the other properties to get attention. You may have to wait ten years but the kids who grew up with the 4Kids series will be in a position one day where they'll be putting so many 2003 references into the next Turtles reiteration you'll probably complain there's too many references to the 4Kids show. It's a generation thing, you just need to wait.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:15 PM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Oh no...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crisler's law