The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 12-24-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Archie Sonic The Hedgehog Online

The first issue of the fan-made continuation of Archie Sonic is online, carrying on where the original numbering left off too

http://archiesoniconline.com/?comic=...ine-248-page-1
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:32 PM   #2
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That's kind of cool, the artwork seems to be very Archie Sonic. Just some things:

How long before they get DMCAd from Sega? I don't htink they'd be too happy, especially if it gets any sort of traction and if it doesn't have traction the fans will just stop making them, since I doubt it is very easy.

Since it's not bound by any guidelines then I'd expect them to introduce Ken Pender characters into the story again, it's the only reason why I'd follow this fanfic continuation.

How many stories could they really do before falling into fanfic territory? First issues shouldn't be that hard since there is already a plot to be resolved but after that if not handled well it can go full fanfic and I mean that in a bad way.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:37 PM   #3
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
1. How long before they get DMCAd from Sega?

2. How many stories could they really do before falling into fanfic territory?
1. It's doubtful a take down from Sega will happen. Sega in general is more open to fan projects then most companies. Sonic the Comic Online, a fan made continuation of the British Sonic comics, has been going since 2003 without any problems from Sega. The only real possibility of a concern is Ken Penders getting upset over his "characters" being used without his consent. Unlike Sega he's not open to fan projects, even once infamously saying that if anyone wants to do fan art of his "characters" they should pay him for the privilege first.

2. All depends on the writing. Ian Flynn was a well known Sonic fanfic writer before being head writer on the comics and he's since become one of the most celebrated writers in the whole franchise.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Solicit for Archie Online#249

Quote:

The Mecha Sally arc reaches its long-awaited conclusion in "Against the Clock": Team Fighters has successfully returned to New Mobotropolis with the captured Mecha Sally, but Dr. Eggman still has a few more tricks up his sleeve—namely a new-and-improved Metal Sonic and an ancient war machine! As the battle rages on in the imperiled city, will Sonic have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save the day?! It's the action-packed climax you've all been waiting for, with a jaw-dropping ending you can't afford to miss! Featuring cover art from Sonic fan artist extraordinaire Drawloverlala!
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote