The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 01:20 PM   #1841
Vegita-San
Emperor

i have a question about the ghostbuster comics, but since that probably can't officially be answered on a public forum, i'll refrain .

suffice it to say, the tmnt comics, i have zero complaints. pretty rare these days
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #1842
neatoman
Emperor

Another question about the last issue of the BTAS crossover, when does it take place? On the Batman side it's easy, after "Sins of the Father" but before "Never Fear", a rather small gap. It's the Turtle side I'm wondering about, Shinigami is in the hallucination seen by the Kraang yet Shredder is in his unmutated state? Were they somehow aware of Shinigami but unaware of Shredder's transformation by the time she appeared?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #1843
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
What are your thoughts on fans making their own prints of issues, past or present, due to not getting a hold of a copy legally buy either buying them from a shop/online or from a friend, such as the so called "fan print tmnt 29" mirage volume 4...? Its been posted about on these boards quite a bit....

As far as comic related questions, will issue 75 be double sized or anything of that nature?
I'd need to know more about the situation (I don't know anything about the instance you're referring to), but in general... i'm pretty anti-piracy, and that's what it sounds like. It's a fine line... i'm all for sharing individual comics and media with friends. I've loaned or gifted tons of books and music to friends. But if it's an issue of getting an issue illegal online, and distributing to the masses, then i'm against that.

75 will have extra pages. How many exactly I'll save that for when the issue is solicited.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:55 PM   #1844
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Another question about the last issue of the BTAS crossover, when does it take place? On the Batman side it's easy, after "Sins of the Father" but before "Never Fear", a rather small gap. It's the Turtle side I'm wondering about, Shinigami is in the hallucination seen by the Kraang yet Shredder is in his unmutated state? Were they somehow aware of Shinigami but unaware of Shredder's transformation by the time she appeared?
This was discussed, but off the top of my head, I don't remember the specifics. Matt Manning probably the best to ask, although with that image, I think the script just called for lots of TMNT characters, and Jon did his own thing. Might not line up perfectly with continuity.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:33 PM   #1845
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

How far ahead of the current issue offered for sale are issues completed and ready to go?

How far ahead do ideas and art for issues (any issues main series, universe, crossovers, ect) get started?

Preorders go up to #72 currently, correct? Is the creative ball rolling for issue #80 or is that to far in advance to be working?

Thanks!
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #1846
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
How far ahead of the current issue offered for sale are issues completed and ready to go?

How far ahead do ideas and art for issues (any issues main series, universe, crossovers, ect) get started?

Preorders go up to #72 currently, correct? Is the creative ball rolling for issue #80 or is that to far in advance to be working?

Thanks!
Good question, and it changes season to season. We're currently in production on both TMNT #70 and #71 (Dave is just starting #72 this week). #70 is late. Likely to be our first late book due to creative and not shipping delays. But Mateus is killing it, hopefully worth the wait.

We're writing #74 right now. We've got an outline for 76-80 that we're fine tuning next week. Week or two after that, we'll be revising our "Big Beat" sheet that leads to #100.

So i'd say we're in active development for everything between #70 and #80, with an eye on what goes beyond.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #1847
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I'd need to know more about the situation (I don't know anything about the instance you're referring to), but in general... i'm pretty anti-piracy, and that's what it sounds like. It's a fine line... i'm all for sharing individual comics and media with friends. I've loaned or gifted tons of books and music to friends. But if it's an issue of getting an issue illegal online, and distributing to the masses, then i'm against that.

75 will have extra pages. How many exactly I'll save that for when the issue is solicited.
Nice, thanks for your reply.

Basically the first question is in regards to TMNT v4 #29 "fan printing" where a fan on the boards took the scans Peter Laird made available online for free, for fans to read and has printed them out as 22 copies to sell with the only changes being the cover, where he removed the original price and he added a fans piece of commissioned artwork from Jim Lawson, which the fan and Jim both had posted online. He feels that this piece would fall hnder the same copyright "leeway" as say me having someone draw a turtles fan comic with my own story and then making copies of those for a donation or gift or whatever.

A few people have told him what he is doing is illegal and suggested he not make copies, but its actually not the first time fans here have done this. Lol. I don't like piracy either. Its one thing to make a homemade copy to file with your collection until either finding one in the wild or someday hopefylly IDW gets that far in reprinting the Mirage stuff, but totally another to basically copy whats out there with two minor tweaks and call it a fan comic.

Thanks for your time. Much appreciated.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:13 PM   #1848
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Good question, and it changes season to season. We're currently in production on both TMNT #70 and #71 (Dave is just starting #72 this week). #70 is late. Likely to be our first late book due to creative and not shipping delays. But Mateus is killing it, hopefully worth the wait.

We're writing #74 right now. We've got an outline for 76-80 that we're fine tuning next week. Week or two after that, we'll be revising our "Big Beat" sheet that leads to #100.

So i'd say we're in active development for everything between #70 and #80, with an eye on what goes beyond.
Probably too spoileriffic of a question, but is 76-80 all one arc?

Considering that layout of production stages, is it safe to say that you have at the very least a notion of where you'd like to take the comic after #100? Or is that still a work in progress? Something that's only been discussed in passing but not yet delved into seriously?

Last edited by ChosenOne; 05-10-2017 at 05:18 PM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:59 PM   #1849
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Hi Bobby, I'm sure you can't say much yet because spoilers, but after we've all read #70, could you please elaborate on the creative issues? That sounds fascinating to me and I'd love to know a bit of the backstory, what the original intent was, why it needed to change, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #1850
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Probably too spoileriffic of a question, but is 76-80 all one arc?

Considering that layout of production stages, is it safe to say that you have at the very least a notion of where you'd like to take the comic after #100? Or is that still a work in progress? Something that's only been discussed in passing but not yet delved into seriously?
Can't confirm 76-80 as one arc, but that's what's in my head at this time. Could shift by an issue or so. We'll have a better idea after next week!

#100 is a lot like #50, in that the door should be open for a pretty big status quo shift, but what we do with that is unknown. Though I'm sure Tom, Kevin and I all have some ideas. But, as with #50 when we were around the #20/#21 mark, we haven't got around to laying out exactly what would happen after we hit that milestone.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #1851
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hi Bobby, I'm sure you can't say much yet because spoilers, but after we've all read #70, could you please elaborate on the creative issues? That sounds fascinating to me and I'd love to know a bit of the backstory, what the original intent was, why it needed to change, etc.

Thanks in advance!
It's not too secret or interesting-- Mateus just took extra time on the Christmas issue and a lot of lead time was eaten and that's finally catching up to us. So remember all that great Christmas detail when you are waiting an extra week or two for #70! Heck, go back and re-read that issue!

I have no idea if Mateus reads these threads or not, but I hope that doesn't sound like i'm throwing him under the bus. If I had to chose between the Christmas issue looking as good as it did vs #70 being perfectly on time, I'd chose the way it's working out now. I could have brought some more people in to help on #70, but I think in this instance it would be a detriment to the book to do that, so better to keep it all with Mateus.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #1852
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
It's not too secret or interesting-- Mateus just took extra time on the Christmas issue and a lot of lead time was eaten and that's finally catching up to us. So remember all that great Christmas detail when you are waiting an extra week or two for #70! Heck, go back and re-read that issue!

I have no idea if Mateus reads these threads or not, but I hope that doesn't sound like i'm throwing him under the bus. If I had to chose between the Christmas issue looking as good as it did vs #70 being perfectly on time, I'd chose the way it's working out now. I could have brought some more people in to help on #70, but I think in this instance it would be a detriment to the book to do that, so better to keep it all with Mateus.
Ah, okay. I thought creative issues meant that you or Nickelodeon were toning something down or changing something. I mean, the story DID start with some brutal action against the Mutanimals.

I wouldn't change a thing about Issue #65, so if I have to wait a week or more... so be it.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:39 PM   #1853
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I didn't get the impression that anyone was being thrown under the bus or even nudged. So does everything get pushed back in instances like this or could 70 and 71 release on same day?
Old 05-11-2017, 11:39 AM   #1854
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

If we can avoid having two books on the same day, we definitely will.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:59 AM   #1855
neatoman
Emperor

So I noticed there hasn't been a new Tales trade in over a year, despite there being roughly 45 issues left to print. What's going on there? Didn't they sell well or is it some copyright issue?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #1856
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

No clue. As far as I know we are still doing them. But not my department
Old 05-11-2017, 02:54 PM   #1857
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

What is the longest story arc you would ever consider?
Old 05-11-2017, 06:04 PM   #1858
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Depends on the scope of the story! No real answer to that one, in my mind.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #1859
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
What is the longest story arc you would ever consider?
The Pantheon arc! It did not have a definive start point' but I would argue #20's epilouge and ends at #100?
Old 05-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #1860
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Yeah I guess I was getting at officially advertised story parts. For example, part 1 of 13 or something like that. Wondering what would be to long (in today's comic world) even if solid story is all.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz