The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-26-2020, 04:38 PM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

You know the thing that strikes me as most funny, and has in a long while? Not only isn't the future from Turtles in Time #4 and a few other similar glimpses we've had throughout the series averted, but we've never actually been closer to seeing it come to pass. Mutant Town is a thing and if/when the wall comes down, all of Manhattan is likely to turn into a mutant haven. This whole mutagen-affecting-the-local-ecosystem-and-spawning-monstrosities thing opens the door to Shredder's vision in his titular Villains issue. A lot of the pieces are falling into place...

I'm starting to think Stockman will be mutated into his familiar fly form at some point down the line, maybe as a "taste of his own medicine" sort of thing. Maybe Hob does it. Maybe the people of Mutant Town. Maybe it's entirely accidental. Is April his Deputy Mayor? Does a Deputy Mayor take over if something happens to the newly-elected Mayor with pretty much the whole term ahead of him? She seems to be being set up for a position of power, and not just within Mutant Town, either. The whole talk about a local government is very intriguing.

Also, it's an eel. Good luck getting an eel to calm down, mutant or otherwise.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:09 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Was a fine issue, if a bit forgettable. Pretty much a filler story aside from Baxter getting some eggs and being up to some questionable behavior. As I said before these stories would be fine in specials or a mini-series, but as part of the main ongoing they feel like they're taking up time for something better.

I really think IDW should have just put out a, "Tales from Mutant Town" type of mini-series and had all these type of stories happen there, while the main ongoing focuses more on the plots shown in the annual and left over from prior to issue 100.

But I guess we'll see what happens next.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:16 PM   #23
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Also, it's an eel. Good luck getting an eel to calm down, mutant or otherwise.
just had a thought down the road. they may have to deal with a kaiju eel down the road since mutagens infected the sea life. who knows how the food chains been changed. i mean if each animal has a small amount of mutagen in their blood stream then every time one of them is consumed and digested then wouldn't that also cause further mutation and maybe gigantism?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:34 PM   #24
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
just had a thought down the road. they may have to deal with a kaiju eel down the road since mutagens infected the sea life. who knows how the food chains been changed. i mean if each animal has a small amount of mutagen in their blood stream then every time one of them is consumed and digested then wouldn't that also cause further mutation and maybe gigantism?
Good point. Some of those monstrous mutants seen in glimpses of the possible future(s) were huge.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:11 PM   #25
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You know the thing that strikes me as most funny, and has in a long while? Not only isn't the future from Turtles in Time #4 and a few other similar glimpses we've had throughout the series averted, but we've never actually been closer to seeing it come to pass. Mutant Town is a thing and if/when the wall comes down, all of Manhattan is likely to turn into a mutant haven. This whole mutagen-affecting-the-local-ecosystem-and-spawning-monstrosities thing opens the door to Shredder's vision in his titular Villains issue. A lot of the pieces are falling into place...
Shredder as I recall had a vision of him leading an army of mutants while he traveled in the spirit realm in his micro as I recall. I?ve wondered if the twist of him emerging as a leader to help mutants, as part of his debt to Yoshi?s sons, would end up with him fulfilling that future in a different way.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:43 PM   #26
wyze2099
Hench Mutant

I like the issue. I'm a bit concerned that, over and above the concern of mutated sea life, the Turtles just introduced a possible apex predator into the wild as an invasive species.

Sure, it's probably the eel's home habitat. But that particular ecosystem might be as ill-equipped to handle the mutated eel as the Mutant Town underground.

My favorite part of the issue was Alopex and Mona Lisa sharing a laugh over the Turtles' imagined campaign slogans.

And these comics continue to plant ideas for my own upcoming RPG campaign...

Editor-in-Chief of
Marvel Crossroads fanfiction group
wyze2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:19 PM   #27
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyze2099 View Post
I like the issue. I'm a bit concerned that, over and above the concern of mutated sea life, the Turtles just introduced a possible apex predator into the wild as an invasive species.
Life, uh, found a way. Welcome to J̶u̶r̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ Mutant World.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:23 AM   #28
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Sure, it's probably the eel's home habitat. But that particular ecosystem might be as ill-equipped to handle the mutated eel as the Mutant Town underground.

My favorite part of the issue was Alopex and Mona Lisa sharing a laugh over the Turtles' imagined campaign slogans.

Yeah...it's a bit like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. Realistically there is a strong case to just euthanize the mutated animals as you are introducing something completely out of place into the natural habitat that will likely wreck it. This is everything Leatherhead feared coming to pass.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:37 PM   #29
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

I loved that and Mona Lisa mentioning Donatello which is hinting at the two being a pair down the line. The more she mentions about Donnie and how smart he is. She's taking a liking to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Yeah...it's a bit like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. Realistically there is a strong case to just euthanize the mutated animals as you are introducing something completely out of place into the natural habitat that will likely wreck it. This is everything Leatherhead feared coming to pass.
I'm totally against the idea of euthanizing. They could just send these mutated animals to some part of the world that won't mess up the ecosystem.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:20 PM   #30
Leo656
The Franchise

That's not how "ecosystems" work, Mr. Wizard.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:02 PM   #31
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That's not how "ecosystems" work, Mr. Wizard.
Way to cut a promo, ya eel.

I am glad the issue did not turn out as it advertised with Alopex, Mona Lisa, and April to the rescue with April quitting Spin City Stockman Edition. Still had Jennika pushed though.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:03 PM   #32
wyze2099
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I loved that and Mona Lisa mentioning Donatello which is hinting at the two being a pair down the line. The more she mentions about Donnie and how smart he is. She's taking a liking to him.
Yeah, I like that. Mona is not exactly being subtle about her interest in Donnie, which makes sense for this particular version and setting. And Donnie has this surprised look on his face around her, like, "wait, what's happening here?"

Editor-in-Chief of
Marvel Crossroads fanfiction group
wyze2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 05:34 PM   #33
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Yeah, I like that. Mona is not exactly being subtle about her interest in Donnie, which makes sense for this particular version and setting. And Donnie has this surprised look on his face around her, like, "wait, what's happening here?"
I wonder if Mona Lisa and Alopex talk about them when they are together. Alopex talking about Raph and such. And then Mona Lisa talking to her about Donnie.
Old 08-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #34
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

just realised something. this story reminded me of a monster flick called the host.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:59 AM   #35
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Quote:

The whole talk about a local government is very intriguing.
IMO Turtles in Time #4 being a true harbinger of the future is one of the neatest long term plot elements in IDW TMNT. I haven't read the issue in a while, but mutants fully integrating into society at large feels like an inevitability at this point, and Mutant Town transitioning into a legitimate city-state feels like a logical step in that process. I'm not exactly sure how to do a story like this in a TMNT comic without bogging it down in politics and rote social strife drama we see all the time in X-Men, but IDW TMNT continues to have a shifting status quo that I find interesting so I see no reason to complain.

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote