Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-25-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Marvel & DC's Universes Are Connected By The Ninja Turtles

https://screenrant.com/marvel-dc-uni...ninja-turtles/

Quote:
There have been plenty of crossover events between the Marvel and DC Comic universes over the years, but it may be a third outside property that most intrinsically ties together the two comic book powerhouses: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

It's a poorly-kept secret that the Ninja Turtles were sneakily meant to share the same origin story with Matt Murdock's Daredevil. The chemical that blinded young Matt was meant to be the very same Ooze that turned everyone's favorite baby turtles in the Heroes in a Halfshell fans have loved for the past few decades. And the Daredevil/Marvel connections and homages don't end there. While Matt Murdock retrieved his training from an older master called Stick, the Turtles had Splinter. Instead of constantly facing off with Daredevil's The Hand, the Turtles' nemesis is The Foot Clan. TMNT creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird were gloriously unsubtle about it all.

So if the Ninja Turtles technically sort of exist within the Marvel Comics universe, that means whatever other universes they pop up in are also arguably entwined. So, say, when the reptilian heroes teamed up with Batman, could a conclusion be drawn that the Turtles exist in both the Marvel and DC Universes? The Turtles have fought side-by-side with the Power Rangers (with TMNT arch nemesis Shredder even once became the Green Ranger), so that drags another franchise into the mix. The Ghostbusters apparently share the same universe, considering they've teamed up with the Turtles on more than one occasion. So does that mean Angel Grove, CA exists in the same world as Gotham and Wakanda? Does Pete Venkman drive past Avengers Tower on his way to work in the Ghostbusters' New York? The connection, tentative though it may be, opens a can of worms in terms of potential fan theories.

Extrapolating further as to how many different fictional universes the Turtles tie together, and the various and exponential branches those connections create is a head-spinning exercise in nerdiness. The Ghostbusters have crossed paths with the Mars Attacks aliens, so there's another fictional world to add to the mix. The Punisher and Archie have crossed paths multiple times, so does that mean Riverdale exists in this universe? As a matter of fact, even Batman has met Archie in the past, adding slightly more credence to this admittedly ridiculous idea. The Justice League and the Power Rangers have co-mingled, offering even more "proof."

Following this absurd logic and diving deeper down the rabbit hole, the possibilities are almost endless. Chun-Li once became a Power Ranger, so that drags the Street Fighter universe into the mix. The Turtles have crossed over into the X-Files universe, which coexists with The Simpsons universe. Predator, Aliens, and even Sharknados could all exist within this weird, ever-expanding hypothetical universe. The number of connections to be drawn is truly staggering enough to bust out a cork board and some red strings, because there's a Pepe Silvia-level of connections to be made. Add in the fact that Michelangelo appeared in the '80s anti drug PSA movie Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue, and the mind will boggle with interconnecting universes.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
ChosenOne
Banned

Hmm... Why am I suddenly hankering for a Ghostbusters/Doctor Strange crossover?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:55 PM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The big whole in that original theory is that there were different incarnations of the Turtle-verse that made all the said crossovers.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:00 PM   #4
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
The big whole in that original theory is that there were different incarnations of the Turtle-verse that made all the said crossovers.
Turtles Forever, though. It's not a hole.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:17 PM   #5
Sumac
Banned

And they are also part of the bigger multiverse, which includes Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, SNK games, Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong, and a lot more.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:34 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Crossovers usually use non-canon versions of the characters as "What if" stories though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:18 PM   #7
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

The Daredevil origin is really just an homage. Has any official marvel crossover ever happened?
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

No, not connected.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:49 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Crossovers usually use non-canon versions of the characters as "What if" stories though.
True. Like the Turtles seen in the Batman version (at least the animated version) are unlik any version of the Turtles we ever seen. And well... the same goes for Batman too.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:15 AM   #10
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
The Daredevil origin is really just an homage. Has any official marvel crossover ever happened?
I dont know if you can count DC vs. Marvel or JLA/Avengers as canon but they used the versions of each character being used at that time (Spider-Man was Ben Reilly for example).
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote