The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-27-2020, 04:48 PM   #41
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

From this preview, it looks like Slater is basically doing what Ms. Mojo found wrong with Mr. Belding in the original show. They didn't think Mr. Belding was setting boundaries with his students when he would hang out with them too much and they didn't think that would work today. While I don't Mr. Belding would've done anything inappropriate to the teens and Slater probably won't either, the parents of these new students should be at least concerned. Also, it seems that Zack and Kelly's marriage did in fact last even though the late creator of the series didn't think it did.

ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:30 PM   #42
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
They turned Saved by the Bell into another high school teen drama. Hard pass.
Do they still make shows like classic Saved by the Bell anymore? Like the original was like a sitcom, but also had its own form of teen drama. It was episodic, but would continue the story of Zack and Kelly and wether they were together or broken up. Making it a modern day sitcom might have made it too cheesy for modern day people to get into it. All they care about is teen dramas nowadays.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:19 AM   #43
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Lark Voorhies is coming back as Lisa after all.

https://ew.com/tv/lark-voorhies-retu...ve-first-look/
Old 10-29-2020, 03:44 PM   #44
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I saw the new trailer and with the original cast being in it doesn't look so bad LOL. Though who's that girl that did that time out thing? That fourth wall ability should have been passed down to Zack's son, doesn't look like he has two kids judging by the preview so this is very annoying to me. I guess Slater stayed single even though he was dating that girl in the college years, things didn't work out I kind of liked them together compared to Jessie x Slater in the original series. I guess they are going to act like Screech is like Scrappy of Scooby Doo.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:29 PM   #45
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I'm half expecting a throwaway line to explain Screech....or maybe something like "The Samuel "Screech" Powers Computer/Science...something Lab"

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:44 PM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

They talk about Kelly but am I completely missing her in the trailer? A couple of shots I think I see her standing there but it is so quick.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:49 PM   #47
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I'm not taking any drugs, but this iconic scene especially from 0:10 to 0:12, 0:16 to 0:18, and 0:41 to 0:46 reflects the last two days I've been having & what the future might hold for me & my family.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 11-05-2020 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:16 AM   #48
Shark_Blade
Emperor

That’s so dramatic and funny at the same time. Never really watched this series but that guy with the golden blonde hair looks great - wonder if it’s natural color or bleached.

It’s not natural 1:00 lol just found out

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 11-08-2020 at 09:21 AM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:51 PM   #49
Shark_Blade
Emperor

After watching some previews and shorts on YouTube I decided to get the complete series off iTunes (which is on sale rn). The characters are pretty interesting from the bits I saw of them. The retro aesthetics sold me too.

Interestingly I read that it started with “Good morning, Miss Bliss” an entirely different show??? It’s also included in the complete series so that’s great.

So this is my very first 80s show I guess.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:37 PM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
After watching some previews and shorts on YouTube I decided to get the complete series off iTunes (which is on sale rn). The characters are pretty interesting from the bits I saw of them. The retro aesthetics sold me too.

Interestingly I read that it started with “Good morning, Miss Bliss” an entirely different show??? It’s also included in the complete series so that’s great.

So this is my very first 80s show I guess.
Yeah it was originally a different show at a different school with as much focus on Miss Bliss' problems as well as whatever Zack, Lisa and Screech were up to. There were maybe 2 more kids I think, but they never made the cut to when it became Saved by the Bell. By then either the kids went to Bayside or the school was retconned to Bayside and the focus was way more on the kids, and Miss Bliss was gone. I wanna say Mr Belding was also on the original show but I kinda forgot.

I know in reruns they would try to tie the old series together by having 'modern day at the time' Zack and them remember something from that time and then they would show the old episode. Kinda like those Bug Bunny 'movies' where it was new footage mixed with the old shorts.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-21-2020, 09:10 AM   #51
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The new theme song really sucks.

Hear the new Saved by the Bell theme song remix performed by Lil Yachty
Old 11-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #52
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah it was originally a different show at a different school with as much focus on Miss Bliss' problems as well as whatever Zack, Lisa and Screech were up to. There were maybe 2 more kids I think, but they never made the cut to when it became Saved by the Bell. By then either the kids went to Bayside or the school was retconned to Bayside and the focus was way more on the kids, and Miss Bliss was gone. I wanna say Mr Belding was also on the original show but I kinda forgot.

I know in reruns they would try to tie the old series together by having 'modern day at the time' Zack and them remember something from that time and then they would show the old episode. Kinda like those Bug Bunny 'movies' where it was new footage mixed with the old shorts.
Cheers for the info. I just watched Miss Bliss’s first episode “Summer Love” and I suppose this show didn’t have an intro song because it started with the normal Saved by the Bell theme.

First impression: Miss Bliss is a sweet old lady who puts her students first, so it’s bittersweet knowing she’s gonna be gone soon. I like the other kids characters too so far, they’re pretty entertaining.

Zack is truly the OP here - he’s got this mischievous naughty attitude but also he’s got this charming smile that he possibly can get away with anything. He lied but he’s also learning his lesson as a young kid. His pep talk with Miss Bliss was great, I can’t help but rooting for him. Well done show, gain your audience‘s empathy from the get-go!

I was waiting for Jessie but she didn’t show up yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I know right? They ruined it ugh. ._.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:04 AM   #53
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I wanna say Mr Belding was also on the original show but I kinda forgot.
Mr. Belding was indeed in the original show; and in the premiere, he did have to punish Zack (surprise, surprise), but was very calm about it compared to later episodes. In comparison, the first episode of SBTB had Belding try to be a counsellor to Zack to get him on the right track. But Zack was only interested in getting detention because Kelly got it earlier; and pushed Belding too far.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:05 AM   #54
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Cheers for the info. I just watched Miss Bliss’s first episode “Summer Love” and I suppose this show didn’t have an intro song because it started with the normal Saved by the Bell theme.

First impression: Miss Bliss is a sweet old lady who puts her students first, so it’s bittersweet knowing she’s gonna be gone soon. I like the other kids characters too so far, they’re pretty entertaining.

Zack is truly the OP here - he’s got this mischievous naughty attitude but also he’s got this charming smile that he possibly can get away with anything. He lied but he’s also learning his lesson as a young kid. His pep talk with Miss Bliss was great, I can’t help but rooting for him. Well done show, gain your audience‘s empathy from the get-go!

I was waiting for Jessie but she didn’t show up yet.

I know right? They ruined it ugh. ._.
Ah no, Miss Bliss had its own intro, it was just long-forgotten and replaced with the Saved by the Bell theme to make it 'fit'. It was weird, I guess they didn't want the confusion of TWO shows with Zack Morris, Lisa Turtle and Screech so they just merged the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0LyIa39Eps

IDK... I don't recall many shows doing this back then. One can say Family Matters is kind similar but at the end of the day it was always called Family Matters. A better example is if they actually re-named the show something like 'Did Urkel Do That???' and make a new theme song and then go back and add that new theme song to the first season that didn't have him.

Ironically enough they did go back and add extra 'pre-intro theme' skits with Urkel in them, in episodes he wasn't in, which would explain to people who didn't see the original run why he didn't appear in the rest of the episode proper, or why everyone looked a tad older in the skit as well.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:32 AM   #55
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Miss Bliss did have its own intro, yes. But when it appeared among the SBTB episodes, Mark-Paul introduced each one in character as Zack reminiscing about "When I was in Junior High..."
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:20 PM   #56
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Dustin Diamond was an arsehole, glad he won't be back. Although he was part of the group.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #58
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Elizabeth Berkley Lauren says that while she was the first person to laugh about the iconic caffeine pills scene, she says that it deserves much more than laughter because it can be a real-life situation as well.

https://ew.com/tv/saved-by-the-bell-...-pill-episode/

Variety looked at what they think are the 30 best episodes of the original series.

https://variety.com/lists/saved-by-t...isodes-ranked/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
80% on RT so far, but that's the critics score...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/sa..._bell_2020/s01
It's now actually gone up to 86%. The score could still go either way as more critic's reviews come in. I still haven't made a final decision on whether or not to give the new series a viewing.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:35 PM   #59
Shark_Blade
Emperor

“Saved by the Bell' star Dustin Diamond diagnosed with stage 4 cancer

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ancer-n1254344
Old 01-15-2021, 12:40 AM   #60
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Awful news!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is online now   Reply With Quote