The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Argh, there's too many good things for the poll!!
Say welcome to KobraKarai! 35 33.65%
Father Daughter hug at last!! 44 42.31%
So THAT's what happened with them and Shen... 17 16.35%
Motorcycles provided by the Orange County Choppers.. 6 5.77%
Ooh, what was that stained glass from Karai blackout?? 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #61
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Just got done seeing this episode a few minutes ago and here are my various thoughts...

I have a feeling the events that transpired in this episode is going to take the Hamato-Foot rivalry to another level. To Shredder, Yoshi just took he still considers his 'daughter' and would consider it Yoshi's fault that she got turned into a snake girl. Especially as the intended mutation was never meant for her, but for the Turtles instead.

Baxter bragging to Shredder how he could make anything with the mutagen including creating more of it, makes me think that Shredder will make him try to come up with a retromutagen. I have a good feeling that's what is going to happen, and that Shredder might try to 'buy' back her loyalty with it.

-It's also good to see that Baxter has lost none of his intelligence, so he'll still be that mad scientist.

I have a feeling that Karai is still going to go after Shredder, even in this semi-mutated form. She might be partially feral and will be reacting on instinct and partial memories, so she might not be totally in her right mind.

Like others have said, I think Splinter is going to be mad at Leo for a while. He was a little cool with him, which does show that he isn't some unrealistically perfect character who forgives instantly and easily. He's a bit more complex then that, which makes him seem more human.

I liked how the henchmen don't act totally goofy in this episode, but seem to be a little more dignified, especially Xever. I keep wondering though how much Shredder is going to keep putting up with his henchmen's failures, even though he anticipated that Karai was going to be rescued. He seems to easily forgive Tigerclaw as he seems to be an extremely competent guy, but his other guys (Bradford and Xever) seem like they are reaching OT Bebop and Rocksteady levels of incompetence. How long will he keep those two around? Maybe that's why he gets Bebop and Rocksteady (if they join him, that is.)

Edit: Removed spoiler tags. They aren't needed now.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 06-29-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #62
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Wow, what a tragic fate that took place following Splinter's backstory, which itself was very heart touching to listen to, even involving Saki/Hamato as children and teaches a good lesson about just staying safe and avoiding further trouble by trying too hard if you don't have the capabilities. There was still room for Raphael to throw a "this isn't a romantic comedy" gag. That said, I see the mutation of Karai as more than just an opportunity lost for the good guys, another mutant makes her more powerful seemingly when Karaigon (what I'll refer to her from now on) can have a partial human stance that can cause more trouble. And being rushed isn't necessairily bad thing as it can make something that seems hopeful turn into defeat in a matter of moments, and in an episode where the Foot gains a victory, its always more anticipation for a future episode.

Overall: 9/10
Actually it seems more like everybody lost in this episode. Tiger Claw considered it a victory of sorts, but Shredder didn't see it that way.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #63
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
I have a question.
Spoiler:
Why Did Shredder blame Splinter for Karai Mutating when it was Shredder' s fault for releasing the cage ?
Because he's insane. As far as he's concerned Splinter is the root of all evil and caused all of this.
bridgegrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #64
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Don't even feel like typing out a whole paragraph on how I feel about this episode, since many already have.

I'll just leave it like this: This is the only episode in the series so far that I've felt so many emotions at the same time. I actually shed a tear at one point in this episode. If you haven't seen this episode yet, there's something wrong with you. Go watch it. Now.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:48 AM   #65
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
She looks like Scaletail honestly.

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Scale_Tail
Ahhh you could be very right that it's inspired by that one.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #66
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Collector Guy View Post
Don't even feel like typing out a whole paragraph on how I feel about this episode, since many already have.

I'll just leave it like this: This is the only episode in the series so far that I've felt so many emotions at the same time. I actually shed a tear at one point in this episode. If you haven't seen this episode yet, there's something wrong with you. Go watch it. Now.
When Karai was in the lair, laughing, and watching them train, that pulled some happy feelings. Then she got mutated and I suddenly couldn't hold all these feels.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #67
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
She looks like Scaletail honestly.

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Scale_Tail
Oh crap... I forgot all about him.... Cue the Cubed going on and on about calling her Scaletail now...

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #68
JTH
"ME"

........Wow.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #69
Juanita27
Mouser

Maybe while working on Karai's retro mutagen the show will depict Donnie also working on the retro mutagen for that poor cat and Timothy!
Juanita27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:51 AM   #70
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
I have a question.
Spoiler:
Why Did Shredder blame Splinter for Karai Mutating when it was Shredder' s fault for releasing the cage ?
Purely because he's a jerk if you ask me. Hell, his whole beef with Splinter still (other than lifelong competition and whatnot they revealed today) is what, that he lost out on the girl? Guy could use some psychotherapy.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #71
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Oh crap... I forgot all about him.... Cue the Cubed going on and on about calling her Scaletail now...
I have some nick concept art and one of them is a snake. I'll eventually post it, but I'm on an iPad right now.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #72
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Collector Guy View Post
If you haven't seen this episode yet, there's something wrong with you. Go watch it. Now.
Yes, this. Or MUST catch the repeat later on the other Nick channel if you have it.

Hell, I'd fallen back to sleep, woke up and looked at the clock a minute before start. Cuz I've got skills like that. Ok, luck. This time.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #73
snake
Disgusting

Here's the concept art. It's sideways though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (99.1 KB, 58 views)
Old 06-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #74
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Holy cow, amazing episode. I bet the Leo x Karai shippers are jumping for joy out of this one though

I felt bad for Leo / Karai / Splinter, all of those three took the biggest hits.

Screw Shredder, I don't feel sorry for you at all. I hope Leo's the one who takes him down after every thing that's happened and going to happen later on, revenge!

I almost cried when Karai was being mutated like that

Over all, one of my favorite episodes to date.

P.S

Loved how Leo went against Splinters orders, I hope since there will likely have tension between them this season that Leo does it more often
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #75
alpaca witch
Random Punk

I'm so glad all the rumours about Karai mutating turned out to be true, but a little disappointed that now all of her character growth is pretty much reset. We barely got any time to enjoy her being with her family. I was hoping her mutation would be used to symbolise a new saga in her life, bringing her closer to her mutant siblings and bidding farewell to her past with Shredder. At least she's shown to have some good left in her, but I doubt she'll ever be truly "good" as long as she's mutated. I can see that being a plot point in the future actually, they try to get through to her mutant form but realise it's hopeless, and end up trying to fix her or something along those lines.
Really good episode, I'm loving her new snake form and can't wait for the inevitable toy. I can only hope we'll get a human Karai at some point, but I'm not holding my breath. Did anyone else get scale tail vibes from her new form? I know the writers are fans of all things TMNT so I wouldn't be surprised if she was a unique reference.

EDIT: oops, took a bit long to post and it seems someone pointed it out before me haha
alpaca witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #76
Allio
Foot Elite

*Snake girl Karai

my fet!sh...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Allio; 06-29-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #77
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I thought it was a good episode.

I'm sure it was no surprise to see to see
Spoiler:
Karai turn into a mutant snake

This show's version of a female mutant, Sorry Mona Lisa fans.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #78
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
*Snake girl Karai

my fet!sh...

No one can see your image.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #79
JTH
"ME"

It's very weird.

The episode was so good, but the ending is so horribly sad that I don't know if I could put myself to see the ending again.

So sad.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #80
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Loved how Leo went against Splinters orders, I hope since there will likely have tension between them this season that Leo does it more often
Yes, this was one of the things I loved most about Leo this ep. His disobeying Splinter because he felt he was right. It was a bit rebellious of him.

That aside, Leo wanted to go with Karai after Shredder. I wonder if he meant that only the two of them go after Shredder, or if he was planning on getting his brothers to tag along too.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, karai, kissing cousins?, leonardo, mutation, nick, shredder, snake, vengeance