The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #101
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
First of all, Young Justice was not canceled because of Teen Titans Go. Second, Young Justice was not the great masterpiece that everyone seems to think that it was. Third, I think Teen Titans Go might actually be more entertaining than Nickelodeon's TMNT series.
Young Justice was better written than most of Justice League was outside of the Cadmus arc in JLU.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:13 PM   #102
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I refuse to watch TTGo because its an insult to the original 2003 Teen Titans which was actually a great show.

I also refuse to watch it because better shows like Young Justice were canceled because of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzFire View Post
THIS

F' Teen Titans Go and Beware the Batman (which apparently is already cancelled after 1 season.
Insult?

Hardly. I love the original Teen Titans, and I love Teen Titans Go! They just took the characters from the original and put them into new short stories, kinda like Powerpuff Girls formula - two stories per episode.

And they're funny and highly entertaining. The art and color scheme are fresh compared to the old one (obviously).
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #103
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Is that Greg Cypes voicing the Turtles? Sweet. Reminds me of this clip from Animaniacs where Rob Paulsen is the voice of the parodied Turtles:

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #104
Pikawil
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
What do you mean? They already did. Sure, it was animated.
Then its financial underperforming led WB to put the kibosh on DC animated movies starring female heroines. And considering that's just for the animated movies, one thinks they're probably dead paranoid about live-action films (though that terrible Catwoman movie didn't do any favor at all).
Pikawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:24 PM   #105
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
It's a driving problem with WB/DC, actually. The same thing has come up in interviews around shows like Arrow. They don't want the female demographic because they somehow think that will limit the male demographic who buy more merchandise....or something. I don't know, it's nonsensical lunacy.

Good luck getting a Wonder Woman movie.....ever.....with their current attitude.
Really? I actually thought arrow was a nice balance, with something for everyone.

On top of bringing some major characters to live action tv, they have really great fighting scenes, a decent amount of love/romance, occasional comedic moments, and good development of plot and characters.

And, if this even matters, as far as male to female characters, they're pretty even. Of course arrow is the focus, but the girls on the show all have major parts, and get their own development and everything.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #106
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Jesus, look at what your comment did to this thread Cybercubed.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #107
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Young Justice was better written than most of Justice League was outside of the Cadmus arc in JLU.
If you say so.

"Ah, good. It was secretly our plan to get a wedgie and a swirlie all along. Truly we have seen the light."
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #108
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
If you say so.

"Ah, good. It was secretly our plan to get a wedgie and a swirlie all along. Truly we have seen the light."
What?

That's the way it seems like if you saw, like, the first two episodes. The point is that you have no idea what "The Light" is at that point, and you should continue watching the show until you understand why losing some battles could be in their favor. The overarching story is very tightly wound, and there's a reason they show you those "Light" scenes at the end of the season one episodes.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #109
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

My Thoughts

I'm partially in agreement with CyberCubed. While undeniably funny at times, Teen Titans Go! Doesn't work for alot of people because the original teen titans was funny, had actual stakes, and was heartfelt at times. Think about it, did Teen Titans Go! REALLY need to be about the teen titans? It has almost nothing to do with the original show and could have been about any team of made up heroes. If Cartoon Network wanted to make a comedy show, that's fine. Just don't take a show that was one thing and turn it into something else entirely.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #110
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

While I do fine Teen Titans Go! to be an "okay" show, I'd very much wish we had gotten an actually sequel to the original cartoon.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #111
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
While I do fine Teen Titans Go! to be an "okay" show, I'd very much wish we had gotten an actually sequel to the original cartoon.
I wish we would have gotten a sequel too, but it's kinda impossible....

the sequel would be years apart from the last season....who would even remember what happened? New kids watching the show wouldn't, only the people that watched the original show know.

they'd have to have a marathon of all the seasons before they'd make a sequel and even then.....the sequel wouldn't REALLY be the same because the people who worked on the original show wouldn't be there.

That's if they wanted to have continuity.....and I would want it because of all the growth the titans went through, it was important. Raven's arc....Slade....Terra.....those are all things that have changed the Titans and if those are gone that would suck...

OR they could just totally reboot the whole show.....but then we wouldn't have the teen titans we remember and loved.

at least with Teen Titans go! We have the characters we remember even if it is in a crazy comedy world. ^_^ that's the fun thing about spin-off shows, no it's not the same as the original show, but if I can still see my favorite characters interacting even in bizarre ways I'm happy.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #112
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post

the sequel would be years apart from the last season....who would even remember what happened? New kids watching the show wouldn't, only the people that watched the original show know.

they'd have to have a marathon of all the seasons before they'd make a sequel and even then.....the sequel wouldn't REALLY be the same because the people who worked on the original show wouldn't be there.

at least with Teen Titans go! We have the characters we remember even if it is in a crazy comedy world. ^_^ that's the fun thing about spin-off shows, no it's not the same as the original show, but if I can still see my favorite characters interacting even in bizarre ways I'm happy.
I find that hard to believe. I mean really, a sequel doesn't seem entirely impossible. They could just show some flash backs to the old series if they wanted to and make occasional references once in awhile, regarding some of the important details.

Don't get me wrong, Titans Go!, on its own, is an okay comedy show. But compared to the original series, I just don't like it as much. I'd rather have an actual sequel than to see one of my favorite shows that had so much drama and action turned into just a comedy.

Plus I hate what they did to Terra in Go! and just made her like her comic book counterpart.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #113
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:

That's if they wanted to have continuity.....and I would want it because of all the growth the titans went through, it was important. Raven's arc....Slade....Terra.....those are all things that have changed the Titans and if those are gone that would suck...

OR they could just totally reboot the whole show.....but then we wouldn't have the teen titans we remember and loved.

Ok, I'll admit that the show can be funny at times, but what if they made a Game of thrones ( a grim and gritty drama ) spin off and made it into a sitcom, removing any and all seriousness of the original ? You can understand why some people might not be happy with that.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #114
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
If you say so.

What? Young Justice had a fantastic Season 1 that was better than the first two seasons of Justice League.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #115
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yep, I saw that episode and yelled when I saw the Turtles spoof. It was so cool. I like Teen Titans Go! myself. I just think it's a really funny show, and sometimes we need a reason to laugh in this crazy world.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:02 PM   #116
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Ok, I'll admit that the show can be funny at times, but what if they made a Game of thrones ( a grim and gritty drama ) spin off and made it into a sitcom, removing any and all seriousness of the original ? You can understand why some people might not be happy with that.
if it's a goofy spin-off I don't see the harm....Teen Titans go! is kinda like a parody of the original show, it's not supposed to be taken seriously, I mean it doesn't even take itself seriously. It's a crazy show!

with tons of DC and other show references XD I mean you can literally watch ANY episode and it'll have an easter egg in it! TMNT wasn't the first fun reference!

and my favorite!!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #117
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Then I might actually watch Game of Thrones. And if the original show is still there, then no, it's not understandable at all. No reason for them to be sour if their preference still exists. Bad example.

And Teen Titans Go is awesome.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:53 PM   #118
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Teen Titans was a comedy/action show, in that order. Now it actually had great drama and storylines but it was a comedy show. That's the reason people hated it being a part of DCAU and would argue that it wasn't. This is a comedy only spin-off and it actually fits with the mood of the show. More than it would for BTAS or any other DC show. The show is not the original Teen Titans and it stands on itself as a good show. There's tons of references to the original show and the DC Universe in general which is great.

Sure we would've all loved another season of the original show or of Young Justice but that's not the fault of this show and at least this show is fun, it could've been replaced with something else.

Young Justice vs JLU? I'd say that Young Justice had a more interesting plot however the characters in JLU were fleshed out so much more/better in just a few episodes than YJ could its entire run.

Quote:
I'm partially in agreement with CyberCubed. While undeniably funny at times, Teen Titans Go! Doesn't work for alot of people because the original teen titans was funny, had actual stakes, and was heartfelt at times. Think about it, did Teen Titans Go! REALLY need to be about the teen titans? It has almost nothing to do with the original show and could have been about any team of made up heroes. If Cartoon Network wanted to make a comedy show, that's fine. Just don't take a show that was one thing and turn it into something else entirely.
You could say that about every show, including the original Teen Titans show.

Quote:

That is not true, the DCAU lasted how many years in continuity? Especially now with the ease of availability it's not even a problem. You just have to write the show in a way that can be seen from that point on. Not too difficult, hell in many shows you have many things that happen off-screen before the show began but you accept it without a problem. You can easily have Slade be their dreaded enemy and don't have to know the history of the characters.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #119
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Teen Titans was a comedy/action show, in that order. Now it actually had great drama and storylines but it was a comedy show. That's the reason people hated it being a part of DCAU and would argue that it wasn't.
Enlighten me. How could Teen Titans have fit in the DCAU?
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #120
sdp
Megan Fox = April

long story short, it was originally meant to be DCAU (hence references to the titans) but then they decided to just do things their own way. Eventually they decided to make a crossover, one done in the JLU style and one in TT style, but for some reason the plan didn't do it and instead put easter eggs in each show (Speedy in JLU being a "grown up" version of TT Speed, Kid Flash in the Flash Museum, Michael R. voicing Kid Flash in TT, etc). Confirmed by people who worked on Teen Titans.

Of course the fandom never accepted it, I used to be one who really wanted it to be in continuity back in the day and got a lot of crap for it, years after when it was confirmed I didn't care anymore, I actually like TT being in continuity with The Batman show more but oh well. Oddly enough in an interview for the first season of Legions of Superheroes, when asked the producers are also vague on whether it was in continuity or not. Maybe they were waiting to see the fan reaction or how the show evolved.

Tags
walking dead