The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-13-2019, 01:44 AM   #381
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The weird feeling when half your life is over, especially your prime. I mean sure when you're 50 you can have like 30 years or more life left if you're lucky, but between 50-80...you know there's nothing left to look forward to. So it's sad in a way. The prime years of your life are probably somewhere between 21-35 or so, and if you waste those, that's it.
I dunno about that Cubed: I still got all the right dance moves for my old age.

You need to get out more and get some more fresh air, buddy. After all, you guys up north get to experience Autumn in less than a couple of weeks, whereas we Southerners have to wait until November for Fall to come into our region.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:42 AM   #382
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I now feel younger at 21 than how I did at 18.

I hope that continues into my 30s.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:08 AM   #383
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
The weird feeling when half your life is over, especially your prime. I mean sure when you're 50 you can have like 30 years or more life left if you're lucky, but between 50-80...you know there's nothing left to look forward to.

So it's sad in a way. The prime years of your life are probably somewhere between 21-35 or so, and if you waste those, that's it.
Well, what do you mean by prime exactly? I mean, Cubed, from what I gather based on how you describe your life on these forums, you don't seem to be out there living a Carpe Diem/YOLO type of life. Once you're off work you just go home and sit on your ass all day talking Turtles, comics, cartoons, movies watched at 1.2x speed, superheroes and video games. I've also never seen you talk about partying, drinking, etc. when you were younger or having gfs, or travelling abroad, or doing sports or having exciting hobbies in general. So how exactly will your life change when you're 50? Didn't you say you'd still be playing video games and watching Ninja Turtles until you were 100 years old and on your death bed? Sure, physical prime is in your youth, but you don't seem to exercise at all and claim to be a short and skinny guy who mostly lives off soda, pizza and fast food. So it's not like you're very physically active at the moment either.

And lastly, you don't seem to have any friends at all.

So explain to me what you mean by "prime", please. Because I imagine you basically just living in a very "nerdy" and out-of-touch comfort zone bubble similar to me but even worse. I'm not even trying to be mean. But you sound like someone no one would want to read an autobiographical book of. And I mean the real you, not your internet persona, because I'd DEFINITELY buy a collection of your best quotes found on the internet from all over the years and all your discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I now feel younger at 21 than how I did at 18.

I hope that continues into my 30s.
I keep forgetting how young you are. 7 years of an age gap between the two of us, really? It's kind of hard to imagine since you don't really sound THAT young. I keep thinking you're like 24-25 for some reason.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:34 PM   #384
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I second all of this. ^ Though, to be honest, I dont really care that much about hair color changing, since mine seems to mostly be doing the Rogue bit, which could be cool, eventually. It's a bit like Hydra agents, tbough- getvrid of one, and two more take its place....
That's how I try to look at it as well, like Rogue. Just not nearly as impressive since it's dark blonde... (Or supposed to be in the places it no longer is!)

Still not too happy about it though as I always felt my hair is one of my better traits and now it does this and more-so than I'd hoped. Though my dad and his mom both went entirely white very young (and always worried about that all my young life), so I try to be grateful that my mom's DNA has at least kept most of particular genetic hiccup at bay for a lot longer.

I know someone who, on the other hand, is almost 60 and just barely any hint of gray. Still has like 99% of her natural color. Gotta say I'm a little envious. lol
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 03:54 PM   #385
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That's how I try to look at it as well, like Rogue. Just not nearly as impressive since it's dark blonde... (Or supposed to be in the places it no longer is!)

Still not too happy about it though as I always felt my hair is one of my better traits and now it does this and more-so than I'd hoped. Though my dad and his mom both went entirely white very young (and always worried about that all my young life), so I try to be grateful that my mom's DNA has at least kept most of particular genetic hiccup at bay for a lot longer.

I know someone who, on the other hand, is almost 60 and just barely any hint of gray. Still has like 99% of her natural color. Gotta say I'm a little envious. lol
I'd rather go gray than go bald. But bald dad and bald paternal grandfather... yeah. Guess it was asking too much. Both me and my brother have receding hairlines but they've remained the same since we turned 20-21 or so. And he's already 36 years old. And to think a male barber told him that he'd go completely bald by the time he'd be 30...

I don't think being bald would fit with my personality and look. I'm a thin guy, not a muscular or burly guy. If that was the game I'd gladly become Stone Cold Steve Austin or Goldberg.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:34 AM   #386
Prowler
Emperor

And I turned 29 yesterday. I'm officially in the last year of my 20s now. I'm getting old. Help me, Cubed.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #387
CyberCubed
Overlord

God every time this thread gets bumped I realize its already been 4 years since I made the thread. My 30's are going by even faster than my 20's did. WTF is going on?

I'm now older than my favorite actors were in the shows/movies that came out when they were in their prime. Jesus Christ.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #388
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
*Sigh* Cubed, in two weeks, I will tell you what it's like to be 43. But meantime, I'll give you a bit of wisdom from old age- your youth goes by faster than you realize, but even more so when you waste it. Like Prowler said, you should get out and DO things, have actual hobbies, go have fun, drink, party, go on dates, take trips, see new places near you, try new foods, and just LIVE. Go to a concert, meet people, try a new restaraunt, find a park or museum to visit, take up a hobby or a sport like golf, rc plane flying, something that gets you outdoors and into contact with people. Or go for a long drive someplace you've never been, take a weekend to a different city, or a cruise. Anything!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:11 AM   #389
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
*Sigh* Cubed, in two weeks, I will tell you what it's like to be 43. But meantime, I'll give you a bit of wisdom from old age- your youth goes by faster than you realize, but even more so when you waste it. Like Prowler said, you should get out and DO things, have actual hobbies, go have fun, drink, party, go on dates, take trips, see new places near you, try new foods, and just LIVE. Go to a concert, meet people, try a new restaraunt, find a park or museum to visit, take up a hobby or a sport like golf, rc plane flying, something that gets you outdoors and into contact with people. Or go for a long drive someplace you've never been, take a weekend to a different city, or a cruise. Anything!
Maybe living in New York makes the idea of travelling not that interesting to him, who knows. If you lived in arguably the most known city in the world you'd probably think the world beyond it isn't that interesting in comparison. Idk
Old 12-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #390
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

A guy i went to junior high just died , age 39......so people shouldnt complain about living to say age 60 when the alternative is much worse
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:18 PM   #391
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You know you're old when you accidentally type 1999 instead of 2019 as if it wasn't 20 years ago, nor feels like it... Just did this. lol
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:28 PM   #392
CyberCubed
Overlord

i posted this thread way back in 2014.....aaaaaahhhhhhh

It's like I just posted it yesterday. Dear god, I may make a thread about turning 40 in the next 5 years. Jesus Christ.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:09 AM   #393
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

People talk about "mid life crisis" and whatnot, and we usually think this is about 50. But the average life expectancy of a male is about 70. So at 35, you're at mid life.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:00 AM   #394
CyberCubed
Overlord

I do not intend to leave this mortal plane until I’m 99 years old at the minimum. If you look at how Stan Lee made it to 96, how William Shatner is like 88 and still working, or how the Queen of England is like 150 years old or something, I plan on making it that far as well.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:09 AM   #395
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I do not intend to leave this mortal plane until I’m 99 years old at the minimum. If you look at how Stan Lee made it to 96, how William Shatner is like 88 and still working, or how the Queen of England is like 150 years old or something, I plan on making it that far as well.
They were also all rich and had probably zero life stress regarding all of the fundamental things that nip away at the rest of us. That standardized life stress that is eliminated by virtue of money literally takes seconds off of your life everyday when you live a normal life.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:52 PM   #396
CyberCubed
Overlord

As long as you eat healthy, don't develop cancer or any other life threatening disease, and keep in shape, there's no reason why most normal people can't reach 80-90 years old.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:38 AM   #397
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

^ Seems legit to me. I can become a popsicle and therefore, beat out disease and death.

Or, I can live, get a life-threatening disease and die anyway regardless if I ever reach my 'golden years.'

I sorta prefer the latter. Being mobile is way better.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:08 PM   #398
CyberCubed
Overlord

I notice a lot of people tend to say they get aches and pains for the first time in their 30's, or they notice they get tired more or lack energy, oddly enough I don't have that yet.

I mean I'm only in my early 30's, but I still feel the same now as I did when I was 22. I haven't noticed any changes in my health or energy. I feel the same now as I did 10 years ago.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:20 PM   #399
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
I notice a lot of people tend to say they get aches and pains for the first time in their 30's, or they notice they get tired more or lack energy, oddly enough I don't have that yet.

I mean I'm only in my early 30's, but I still feel the same now as I did when I was 22. I haven't noticed any changes in my health or energy. I feel the same now as I did 10 years ago.
I have just turned twenty-two.

You're really young, 'Cubed.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:22 PM   #400
CyberCubed
Overlord

I made this thread 6 years ago in 2014, it feels like only yesterday I was 28 inching closer to 30. Goddamn where does the time go.

The fact that on certain forums or social media sites about shows/movies I now realize I'm interacting with teens who are literally half my age. It really makes you feel weird and remember when you were 15/16 years old posting online and now there's a whole new gen younger than you doing that...

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed thinks deep, cybercucked, same old song and dance, sjw is the new 30