The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 10:07 AM   #21
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Being as objective as I can be, I truly think that if the "leader" of any team isn't The Best at most things then they have no business being the leader in the first place. When speaking of a team of fighters, one would assume, I would think, that the "leader" would naturally be better than the others or else why is he the leader? It simply doesn't make logical sense for a "subordinate" to have skills that surpass the person who tells them what to do, by my way of thinking. Therefore, IF it were real I would assume that Leo would be the best fighter, but since it's not, I have to accept that whoever is writing the story today is going to "push" their favorite, and that's really where the conversation ends as far as I'm concerned.
1. Ninjas aren't just a team of fighters, in fact they are more like spies then anything.

2.Leading and being the best fighter are two different skill sets, Captain America is usually the leader of the Avengers but he is far from being the strongest/smartest/fastest/stealthiest/etc/

It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from One Piece Luffy despite being the strongest needs his crew to actually be a pirate because with the exception of fighting and knowing people deep down he isn't good at a lot of things.

On Topic I don't see Mikey as the best fighter but rather the best "ninja" of the group using more pragmatic means in defeating his enemies such as when he insulted Raph so much that the latter lost his focus, in some of the recent incarnations he is portrayed as the smallest of the bunch and I see that very useful when gaining intel.

Last edited by PApagreg; 01-19-2020 at 10:32 AM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
1. Ninjas aren't just a team of fighters, in fact they are more like spies then anything.
And yet the TMNT are *somehow* more known for getting into gang-fights than they are for performing secret assassinations and whatnot. Crazy!

C'mon. They're barely ninjas at all in the literal sense. They're most aptly akin to the "karate gangs" on Cobra Kai, in that their lives generally involve training to fight and then going out and getting into fights and then almost nothing else.

If you want some straws, don't grasp; merely ask, sir.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:37 PM   #23
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
And yet the TMNT are *somehow* more known for getting into gang-fights than they are for performing secret assassinations and whatnot. Crazy!

C'mon. They're barely ninjas at all in the literal sense. They're most aptly akin to the "karate gangs" on Cobra Kai, in that their lives generally involve training to fight and then going out and getting into fights and then almost nothing else.
I mean even then they aren't just a group of "fighters" there is a reason why in almost every TMNT iteration there is at least some focus on stealth, distractions, saboteur, recon and parkour. I mean sure they do get into fights a lot but this isn't DBZ or Baki where every solution is to punch the guy really really hard.

Quote:
If you want some straws, don't grasp; merely ask, sir.
What?
Old 01-19-2020, 04:53 PM   #24
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Only one turtle ever became Battle Nexus champion and that's Mikey. Also in that future TMNT short, it's Mikey who is the leader, why? He's the best.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote