The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2019, 01:13 AM   #561
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier

The next wave is the Bug Bustin' variants and maybe Bullhop.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:09 AM   #562
BlueKatana
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post
The next wave is the Bug Bustin' variants and maybe Bullhop.
Thanks for the info!
Old 04-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #563
Wes
Mad Scientist

Finally started seeing the Battle Shell figures at local Walmarts; at this point I've managed to snag everyone except Mikey. (I've seen him around; I just try to spread my toy purchases out over multiple store visits and I don't imagine he'll end up being super rare.) I'm rather digging the figures themselves -- I much prefer the BS headsculpts and (since I didn't end up with the SDCC/club membership figures) fully plan on taking advantage of the sculpted marking areas to paint in those details.

The Battle Shell feature is fairly disappointing here, though. One of the coolest things about the vintage BS figures was that one could shove pretty much whatever one wanted inside there, whereas these new figures have their innards specifically tailored to the weapons they come with, which means it's that much harder to fit different accessories in there. And in theory that wouldn't be so bad, but the weapons they come with are awful. Like, so bad they might as well have come with nothing. Actually Raph's tonfas are okay... though incidentally he also has the notches for storing them on his belt, which makes the Battle Shell function mostly useless. Still, I'm sure I've got some tiny accessories I can make fit, and if all else fails I can drill the notches out of there.

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:31 PM   #564
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Finally started seeing the Battle Shell figures at local Walmarts; at this point I've managed to snag everyone except Mikey. (I've seen him around; I just try to spread my toy purchases out over multiple store visits and I don't imagine he'll end up being super rare.) I'm rather digging the figures themselves -- I much prefer the BS headsculpts and (since I didn't end up with the SDCC/club membership figures) fully plan on taking advantage of the sculpted marking areas to paint in those details.

The Battle Shell feature is fairly disappointing here, though. One of the coolest things about the vintage BS figures was that one could shove pretty much whatever one wanted inside there, whereas these new figures have their innards specifically tailored to the weapons they come with, which means it's that much harder to fit different accessories in there. And in theory that wouldn't be so bad, but the weapons they come with are awful. Like, so bad they might as well have come with nothing. Actually Raph's tonfas are okay... though incidentally he also has the notches for storing them on his belt, which makes the Battle Shell function mostly useless. Still, I'm sure I've got some tiny accessories I can make fit, and if all else fails I can drill the notches out of there.
What about the sculpts? Do they look more accurate to the designs from the show compared to the figs from wave 1? Cheers!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:21 AM   #565
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
What about the sculpts? Do they look more accurate to the designs from the show compared to the figs from wave 1? Cheers!
The sculpts on the BS Turtles are much better then the Basics, and while they lack the painted markings, they have sculpted lines where Leo's yellow arm and leg stripes are placed, Mikey's dots and Donnie's weird tech markings.

But due to the spring-loaded shell action the head articulation is little more then just a swivel, which is a huge disappointment
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:56 AM   #566
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
But due to the spring-loaded shell action the head articulation is little more then just a swivel, which is a huge disappointment
well to be fair Playmates Toys and Disappointment go hand in hand like Peanut Butter and Jelly

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:38 PM   #567
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The sculpts on the BS Turtles are much better then the Basics, and while they lack the painted markings, they have sculpted lines where Leo's yellow arm and leg stripes are placed, Mikey's dots and Donnie's weird tech markings.

Thank you!
Old 04-16-2019, 09:23 AM   #568
Wes
Mad Scientist

I'll second what Candy Kappa said. If you can only get one set and you want the more show-accurate ones, then you definitely want the Battle Shell versions (especially if you're inclined to paint the markings yourself).

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #569
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I'll second what Candy Kappa said. If you can only get one set and you want the more show-accurate ones, then you definitely want the Battle Shell versions (especially if you're inclined to paint the markings yourself).
Cheers, Wes!!

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys