The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-16-2018, 03:44 PM   #161
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Which ones are you looking at, the 2014 set or the 2016?

Agree that the 2014's are not too pretty. (Granted I haven't seen them in person.) Leo and Mikey's 2016 version are an improvement though, imo. (Leo is the only one I'm getting, thanks to it being a cuter, better likeness this time.)

Spoiler:
Comparison of 2014 and 2016...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-16-2018 at 03:49 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:47 AM   #162
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Which ones are you looking at, the 2014 set or the 2016?

Agree that the 2014's are not too pretty. (Granted I haven't seen them in person.) Leo and Mikey's 2016 version are an improvement though, imo. (Leo is the only one I'm getting, thanks to it being a cuter, better likeness this time.)

I saw both, but that Donny was the only thing that I even mildly cared for. As a completionist I hate Michael Bay

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:16 PM   #163
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ah, gottcha. Yeah, that's a lot of money and not too pretty for anyone who'd normally need the whole set.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:01 AM   #164
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Dumb question...

Anyone own the 2014 PD version AND familiar with 1/6 scale figures enough to know how compatible these TMNT figures are with typical 1/6 scale accessories, such as those on eBay?

I haven't a clue if 1/6 has a typical size range or if it's literally, as it sounds, intended to be 1/6th the "real life" size of characters, therefor these TMNT might be a fair amount bigger than human 1/6 figures? Or is there really no standard size for 1/6?

I assume that it's probably a given that they're probably too bulky for most chairs, but maybe sitting backwards on this sort would work?

Spoiler:

P.S. I noticed yesterday that ThreeZero updated their site and removed past months from the shipping schedule, leaving it now only starting with June and the TMNT are still on it for June, so hopefully that is a promising sign that they might not get bumped a second time.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:43 PM   #165
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Really hope the four OOTS Turtles will be released at last this month!
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #166
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Good God. How long has it been? Feels like forever. I hope these are soon released as well. I've pre-ordered mine eons ago.
Sabacooza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:20 AM   #167
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Good God. How long has it been? Feels like forever. I hope these are soon released as well. I've pre-ordered mine eons ago.
It's been about two years now!
One more week and June will be over, still no sign of them!
Old 06-23-2018, 08:36 AM   #168
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, not quite, if I recall correctly pre-order opened Oct. 2016, but yeah, it's been a long time! I keep checking my email hoping for a shipping notice.

In a recent update to the shipping schedule they bumped the Leatherface figure, that had also been listed for June, up to Aug., but the Turtles remain in June. So fingers crossed that they actually mean it.

Edit: Ah crap, guys.

Last I looked at this page recently (at link) it had not been updated (as Leatherface hadn't been moved), but now it's been updated. Annnnd... it looks like we may have moved to July.

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product.../released/2018

Looks like all the rest that had been for June also moved to July as well.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-23-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #169
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, not quite, if I recall correctly pre-order opened Oct. 2016, but yeah, it's been a long time! I keep checking my email hoping for a shipping notice.

In a recent update to the shipping schedule they bumped the Leatherface figure, that had also been listed for June, up to Aug., but the Turtles remain in June. So fingers crossed that they actually mean it.

Edit: Ah crap, guys.

Last I looked at this page recently (at link) it had not been updated (as Leatherface hadn't been moved), but now it's been updated. Annnnd... it looks like we may have moved to July.

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product.../released/2018

Looks like all the rest that had been for June also moved to July as well.
Crap that sucks but at least they haven't cancelled them yet. I can deal with delays but cancellation would be disappointing considering I think the TMNT from OotS look pretty decent here.
Sabacooza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #170
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

They keep getting delayed, it would be really awful if in the end they still got cancelled!

I checked several sites, most say July now.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:56 AM   #171
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hopefully, they won't cancel, and I'm hopeful that being ON the shipping list is a good sign. For so long they weren't. (The canceled Eastman ones for example never made it on.) And really this is only the second bump since getting on it, so not too worrying yet, imo. (If it prevents a rush job trying to finish up, okay then.)

If they were predicting to ship this month (or now in the next coming weeks) would they not likely have much of them already made by now anyhow?

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-23-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #172
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

The OOTS Turtles are finally being released! My order from ThreeZero (Donatello) just shipped!

Will have to try and get the other three from somewhere else.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:51 AM   #173
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Woohoo! Got my notice too!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:58 AM   #174
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

It's kind of crazy that it's been almost two years!
Old 07-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #175
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Man, what a wait. Did Bebop and Rocksteady get released on time, or did they too have issues?

Hopefully the Turtles are everything you hoped for and more considering the waiting time
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #176
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not quite a year and a half for me really, since I didn't order until Feb. of last year, a few weeks before pre-order closed, but that has still been a long wait!

Hopefully they did turn out great. If the longer wait time can help give more time for attention to detail, then it's been worth it.

Been keeping an eye out for it since May, when they were originally predicted to go out, and honestly it looks like delayed release is just typical for most of their stuff so I doubt it's anything specific to it being TMNT. Esp with all of the previous June releases, which is quite a few, moving to July; save for one that moved to Aug. instead.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #177
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Man, what a wait. Did Bebop and Rocksteady get released on time, or did they too have issues?

Hopefully the Turtles are everything you hoped for and more considering the waiting time
I can't remember what the original release date for Bebop & Rocksteady was, but I do know they were also delayed. I received them from ThreeZero in October last year.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #178
tmntman
Mad Scientist

For what it's worth, I checked my order dates through BBTS. I ordered Bebop and Rocksteady in July of 2016 and they shipped in Nov. 2017. I ordered the OOTS Turtles in September of 2017.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #179
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I haven't opened him yet, but I am shocked that mine showed up at my door today! I figured I still had a week to wait.

edit...

Alright, I'm in love. The likeness is incredible.

Went outside looking for a bit better lighting. I ended up leaving his swords inside, but they're pretty nice. Feel kind of delicate though so didn't want to risk damaging them. They are a matched pair this time.

Pardon his sword strap being a bit high up under his arm and not quite right on his shoulder in the outside pics, got that sorted out once back inside (final image).

Zero complaints, it's all awesome. Even the print on the fabric around his right arm is accurate.

Only thing not quite there is the material around his tummy that his pants overlap... There seems be a little bit of fabric below the edge of his pants that might be it, having ended up too low, but I'm not going to mess with it and very minor.

Was already impressed by images online of the sculpting showing just a tiny bit of his teeth, but didn't realize until after taking photos that it's detailed enough that you can actually see just a hint of his bottom teeth too.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-16-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #180
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Here is his box art.

The sides are plain other than the logo (and the same background tones of the first image), which is also on the top.

I'm curious if the plastic strap on the shipping box is a matching blue only by coincidence or if they are all different Turtle colors for quick ID when prior to shipping.

Now to go reheat my lunch I forgot all about... lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-16-2018 at 02:47 PM.