The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #2121
Coro
Mad Scientist

So I have managed to cobble together all 4 brothers from this line and I have to say I really like them now that I got them used. I averaged around 90$ per turtle and I am selling off the accessories which will further reduce that. Basically I am just keeping the main turtles and weapons.

I think if these would have come in around the 100 mark these would have done a lot better. I would have also saved some money on the figures and did an accessories pack or something. We didnt need grapple hooks in every box, same thing with claw hands-these seem like a waste. I would argue the baby turtles could have been left out too, and some of the wires had those plastic backings as well that could have been used to reduce costs.

I feel like this was a project of love for the MONDO team and they might have went a bit too far out for what they wanted.

Overall with just the turtles and weapons I think these would have been fine at 89 or 99 price points. They all feel solid and look really good together as a group, and I am happy with them for that price.
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #2122
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Shredder clones are a fun idea. It really just makes me wish for "RTNY" style TMNT figures to go along with them. Would buy in a heartbeat.
Its unique at least. Everyone is just making the brothers and stopping...we need more unique niche interests filled.
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:12 PM   #2123
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
So I have managed to cobble together all 4 brothers from this line and I have to say I really like them now that I got them used. I averaged around 90$ per turtle and I am selling off the accessories which will further reduce that. Basically I am just keeping the main turtles and weapons.

I think if these would have come in around the 100 mark these would have done a lot better. I would have also saved some money on the figures and did an accessories pack or something. We didnt need grapple hooks in every box, same thing with claw hands-these seem like a waste. I would argue the baby turtles could have been left out too, and some of the wires had those plastic backings as well that could have been used to reduce costs.

I feel like this was a project of love for the MONDO team and they might have went a bit too far out for what they wanted.

Overall with just the turtles and weapons I think these would have been fine at 89 or 99 price points. They all feel solid and look really good together as a group, and I am happy with them for that price.
I am feeling the same way with different reasons.
I feel like the price was way too high for what Mondo was offering. Since the accessories or more of less the same, the price should be lowered. The claw hands were fun but for the most part useless.
The pet turtles and pre-mutated Splinter were good ideas but failed in excution. They were just display pieces with no articulation. Even if the heads can turn or Splinters hands can move up and done can add more value to them.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt