The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #41
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

The Courtship of Princess Leia is great! Really, really digging Dathomir and the Nightsisters...

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:13 AM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
The Courtship of Princess Leia is great! Really, really digging Dathomir and the Nightsisters...
I'm pretty sure they come back in some way. And retroactively, Darth Maul is from Dathomir. In fact, I'm pretty sure Dathomir is still canon as a result. Don't we see Dathomir in Clone Wars?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #43
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm pretty sure they come back in some way. And retroactively, Darth Maul is from Dathomir. In fact, I'm pretty sure Dathomir is still canon as a result. Don't we see Dathomir in Clone Wars?
Looking at Wookiepedia, that's a yes. Apparently Dathomir and Nightsisters featured a lot in the cartoon.

Also, Rancors as steeds? Nice.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:37 AM   #44
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:

Also, Rancors as steeds? Nice.
I dont know man - thats one of those goofy EU elements that doesnt make sense in-universe; its just in there because the writer thinks its cool and people know what Rancors are. It would be like if our reality was a fictional universe written by a Star Wars character and we were all riding around on crocodiles. You could, but its totally impractical and the risk to benefit ratio is f**ked.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #45
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I don’t know man - that’s one of those goofy EU elements that doesn’t make sense in-universe; it’s just in there because the writer thinks it’s cool and people know what Rancors are. It would be like if our reality was a fictional universe written by a Star Wars character and we were all riding around on crocodiles. You could, but it’s totally impractical and the risk to benefit ratio is f**ked.
Yeah, but the author gave the rancors sentience. So that's different than your crocodile example... Not just mindless predators or beasts of burden.

Reading The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy now. Really good! Nice to see Boba Fett being an actual badass.

Last edited by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy; 04-16-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:48 PM   #46
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

Yeah that was a good one. Been a while, but I remember loving that the Nightsisters were basically force "witches". And Tenel Ka is technically one of them, since her mother is one.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:22 AM   #47
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Yeah, but the author gave the rancors sentience. So that's different than your crocodile example... Not just mindless predators or beasts of burden.

Reading The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy now. Really good! Nice to see Boba Fett being an actual badass.
That's even worse.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

All Star Wars stuff after the original movies is essentially glorified fanfiction where the writers take some aspect of the movies they know people think were cool and try to make them, "actually cool."

So you have Boba Fett being a badass, riding rancors, Leia using the force, Luke training Jedi....etc. I mean even before the new movies, the whole EU was nothing more than published fanfiction.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #49
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
All Star Wars stuff after the original movies is essentially glorified fanfiction where the writers take some aspect of the movies they know people think were cool and try to make them, "actually cool."

So you have Boba Fett being a badass, riding rancors, Leia using the force, Luke training Jedi....etc. I mean even before the new movies, the whole EU was nothing more than published fanfiction.
Yeah, because Fan Fiction has to get approvals from the IP owners and corporations.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:09 PM   #50
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Almost done with truce of bakura again. first time reading it since it came out, and forgot it was actually good. all i had remembered was the anakin force ghost scene.

I'll probably re tackle courtship next.

I might even suffer through crystal star again to figure out why it's so bad with a more adult mind.