The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #21
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/u...tion.html?_r=0

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/u...tion.html?_r=0

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation.
Darn. I was really hoping for Inspector Clouseau.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:08 PM   #23
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Not American enough.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:44 AM   #24
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
but but Reflective says its all fake news
...I was joking about using CNN as a reputable source, not about the entire story, but anyways....
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
BUTTERY MALES!
It's all about the BUTTERY MALES!

...So should we also consider this fake news then?
Back in Oct. 31, 2016 with the liberal leaning New York Times:

Quote:
Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government. And even the hacking into Democratic emails, F.B.I. and intelligence officials now believe, was aimed at disrupting the presidential election rather than electing Mr. Trump.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/u...rump.html?_r=1

And recently with Reuters (May 18, 2017):
Quote:
The people who described the contacts to Reuters said they had seen no evidence of wrongdoing or collusion between the campaign and Russia in the communications reviewed so far. But the disclosure could increase the pressure on Trump and his aides to provide the FBI and Congress with a full account of interactions with Russian officials and others with links to the Kremlin during and immediately after the 2016 election.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa...-idUKKCN18E10A

And even from members of government stating they can't find evidence:

So should we consider these Russian collusion allegations entering into conspiracy theory territory? Because these accusations have been going on for months and still nothing has materialized. I know leftists and the mainstream media are salivating over the possibility of impeaching Trump, but with nothing to substantiate these allegations for months, it's making them look more and more outlandish.

Need a soap opera fix? You found it here at 'Drome Place! Here's a guide to get you caught up on the saga.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 05-19-2017 at 03:15 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:02 AM   #25
Mayhem
Mad Scientist

Maybe nothing concrete concrete, but seemingly plenty of actual contact between members of both parties...

http://gizmodo.com/all-the-crazy-***...-wh-1795324507
Old 05-22-2017, 11:49 PM   #26
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Maybe nothing concrete concrete, but seemingly plenty of actual contact between members of both parties...

http://gizmodo.com/all-the-crazy-***...-wh-1795324507
"Actual contact"? Really? That's what's arousing your suspicions? World leaders meet and contact with each other frequently all the time.

Besides, that's the same story I already posted that mentioned about the 18 undisclosed contacts, but of course the lack of evidence of collusion/wrongdoing is mentioned in the 6th paragraph in the Reuters article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
And recently with Reuters (May 18, 2017):
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa...-idUKKCN18E10A
Even Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic Party leader of the House of Representatives, has to tell Democrats to back off of trying to impeach Trump if there's nothing factual. ...But Maxine Waters continues to not let it go...

Need a soap opera fix? You found it here at 'Drome Place! Here's a guide to get you caught up on the saga.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:55 PM   #27
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

...I was under the impression you didn't like Rump like everyone else

me @ u
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/u...ia-budget.html

Mr. Brennan, the former C.I.A. director, said Tuesday that he became concerned last year that the Russian government was trying to influence members of the Trump campaign to act — wittingly or unwittingly — on Moscow’s behalf.

“I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals,” Mr. Brennan told lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee.
Continue reading the main story

“It raised questions in my mind about whether Russia was able to gain the cooperation of those individuals,” he said, adding that he did not know whether the Russian efforts were successful.
Wheather or not it was successful of failed, it seems to be questionable involvement of "persons involved in the Trump campaign," not "world leaders" doing world leader things. What need for doing anything involving Russia do people involved in Trump's campaign even have?

And this is the only source I've found to actually mention it, but I heard this on tv during that hearing or whatever is/was going on today:
Quote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7752071.html

Mr Brennan explained that Russian intelligence agencies also like to “recruit” businessmen and “rising politicians” in the US and other foreign countries to indirectly have an influence on that government and to advance Russian oligarchies interests - many of whom back Mr Putin.
Nope... there's no elephant in the room, is there. Or at the very least, it looks and sounds like a duck.

Look, I can deal with Trump supporters have different views or whatnot (or simply "between a rock and a hard place" options) that made them choose him, but if Russia has and is screwing with things (which is far from uncommon for them to try to and why wouldn't they??) and people insist on just being blind to it, defending Trump (and even Russia simply because Trump wants to be their BFF) and playing right into their hands, undermining OUR country and willingly allowing it to happen and defending it... that is a bit traitorous and deserves every lost amount of respect it earns.

The amount of shrugging off I've seen online is absurd, like anything wrong/bad could suddenly be a-okay if "Trump did it."

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-23-2017 at 01:29 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:40 PM   #29
plastroncafe

I get the feeling that most of the apologists are pretty much okay with anything so long as liberals hate it.

Which, as a philosophy, is only going to get them so far.

Me personally? I have a rule:
If you defend the current regime cart blanche, then your Go Fund Me doesn't get my attention.

Have fun getting old.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I get the feeling that most of the apologists are pretty much okay with anything so long as liberals hate it.
Mmhm. It just gets hard to wrap the mind around the fact that there seems to be such a mass quantity of grown adult human beings who seem to lack foresight and did not mentally/emotionally mature past 14.

Yup, sure... its funner and easier (I guess?) just to focus on treating the other side (fellow citizens) like an 'evil enemy' (but manipulative Russians are okay!) and trying to make them mad rather than put real work into difficult things that actually matter in the long run.

How can I put it nicely that I wish they'd evaporate off the face of the planet and let the adults handle things. (Does not include Trump voters who still have sense in their heads and know he isn't perfect and infallible or doing everything how they'd want, even if I don't agree with what they otherwise see in him.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #31
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
(Does not include Trump voters who still have sense in their heads and know he isn't perfect and infallible or doing everything how they'd want, even if I don't agree with what they otherwise see in him.)
You mean the people who were okay with his platform and behavior enough to vote for him? Yeah, no. They can also find their own way to standing. I'd suggest bootstraps.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #32
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

Quote:
You mean the people who were okay with his platform and behavior enough to vote for him? Yeah, no. They can also find their own way to standing. I'd suggest bootstraps.
But at least he wasn't a woman, right? Or a Democrat?
Old 05-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #33
snake
Neutral Milk Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
...I was under the impression you didn't like Rump like everyone else
HAHAHAHAHA HE CALLED HIM A FUNNY NAME

GET IT BECUZ HIS NAME IS TRUMP AND U TAKE OFF THE T!

really showing that drump!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
If you have to explain why a joke isn't funny to you, then your ass is salty.

It's not out where you are? Too bad, no one cares about you.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So glad to hear that any day now, the impeachment and/or prison term will begin!
Old 05-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #35
snake
Neutral Milk Hotel

lol ok

I will literally put money down that Trump will get through this term and still get reelected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
If you have to explain why a joke isn't funny to you, then your ass is salty.

It's not out where you are? Too bad, no one cares about you.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I will literally put money down that Trump will get through this term and still get reelected.
Oh, I'm fairly sure he'll continue to get through this term without so much as a single slap on the wrist, despite what the "Rachel Maddow and Friends" show says everyday. I wouldn't want to be a gambling man on the second term... but I wouldn't be surprised either.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #37
plastroncafe

For your sake, I hope that isn't the case.
Unless you and your family are independently wealthy, in which case...I'm sure it'll all be fine.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:30 PM   #38
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

I wouldn't be surprised if Donald got reelected, enough people are that dense and shortsighted to do it again.

Maybe next term will have a younger FLOTUS
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:31 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
For your sake, I hope that isn't the case.
Unless you and your family are independently wealthy, in which case...I'm sure it'll all be fine.
What, about Trumpcare, which isn't even wholly approved yet? The Trumpcare that, even if it was approved as-is (which is a huge if), just leaves the pre-existing conditions stuff up to the individual states to decide? Knowing WA, I'm pretty sure WA politicians wouldn't opt for "No pre-existing conditions." That just wouldn't happen. I don't know about your state.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:33 PM   #40
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
lol ok

Sure money right there.