The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,211
As an American who is completely ignorant of all this, can someone explain to me the negative affects? A bulletpoint list would suffice.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #22
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 6,892
I have been keeping up with it the past week or so,but I think a poster from the United Kingdom is best to explain. I personally see it effecting the stock market and U.S. relations with the different parts of the U.K. changing and others. It is probably best that the U.K. make a bold statement like this. Maybe this can help explain the pros and cons.
http://www.theweek.co.uk/eu-referendum
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:45 AM   #23
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Next step of the denial phase: "I'm going to Canada"

(assuming you aren't already there of course)
He won't win. I'm confident he'll pick a horrid running mate. The GOP hasn't had anyone worth taking seriously win their primary in like 20 years or longer. Past two elections have shown that.

And despite the idiots who like him and the conservatives who are just gonna hold their noses and vote for him, he's pissed off too many demographics within the Right.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:54 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,211
Hilary Clinton is pretty much a lock for the next president, anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:00 PM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hilary Clinton is pretty much a lock for the next president, anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
Never underestimate ignorant, angry, racists.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:01 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Never underestimate ignorant, angry, racists.
Rednecks don't outnumber intelligent people in the U.S., thankfully. Likewise, probably most of the female population will vote for Hilary simply because they want to see a woman president.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:05 PM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Rednecks don't outnumber intelligent people in the U.S., thankfully. Likewise, probably most of the female population will vote for Hilary simply because they want to see a woman president.
These days, I wonder...
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #28
precision
Thug
 
precision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
As an American who is completely ignorant of all this, can someone explain to me the negative affects? A bulletpoint list would suffice.
Well Great Britain no longers gets to exploit Middle Easterners and Eastern Europeans for cheap labor. British Millennials will now have to scrub toilets and change the diapers of their elderly parents.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/young...43811714.html#

Also the refugees were not the cause of the Brexit, just a symptom of Russian Sanctions and interference in Syria and Ukraine caused by the European Union and NATO.
precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by precision View Post
Well Great Britain no longers gets to exploit Middle Easterners and Eastern Europeans for cheap labor. British Millennials will now have to scrub toilets and change the diapers of their elderly parents.
Well, they better get cracking then.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #30
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968
Right now, Hilary's the default option. That doesn't make her a lock. It's a cornelian dilemma.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:22 PM   #31
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,450
The problem with the European Union is not the Union itself but European federalism. 70% or so of each state member's laws come from Brussels, which is stupid. Each country has its own context and certain policies might not work so well for them like they do in others.

The Euro comes in handy when travelling but everything got twice more expensive after it became the currency of several EU countries.

Countries like Switzerland and Norway are lucky in the sense that they can be economically free enough to not need to join the EU.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:22 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Right now, Hilary's the default option. That doesn't make her a lock. It's a cornelian dilemma.
There is no way anyone else will be president at this point of the game.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:25 PM   #33
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There is no way anyone else will be president at this point of the game.
The conventions may change that. The debates may also change that. I think you're naive if you think Hilary is a lock. She's about as like-able as Nixon.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:30 PM   #34
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,450
How did this turn into a Trump discussion?

And I don't see why you Americans are so afraid of the possibility of Trump winning. It's not like he'll become a God Emperor or anything. Opposition and even his advisers and people from his own party will veto his **** and such. Not to mention a lot that he says is mere populism.

Wars out there? All American presidents invade sand countries and steal their oil. So don't act like Trump doing that would be any different.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:34 PM   #35
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
How did this turn into a Trump discussion?

And I don't see why you Americans are so afraid of the possibility of Trump winning. It's not like he'll become a God Emperor or anything. Opposition and even his advisers and people from his own party will veto his **** and such. Not to mention a lot that he says is mere populism.

Wars out there? All American presidents invade sand countries and steal their oil. So don't act like Trump doing that would be any different.
You clearly don't understand what Trump is.

Anyway, lots of petitions, and one for London to leave England is interesting.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,211
London and England are like...the same thing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #37
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
You clearly don't understand what Trump is.

Anyway, lots of petitions, and one for London to leave England is interesting.
He's a loudmouth, that I know. But also a populist.

It seems that no one talks about his economic, educational, etc policies. Just about his hatred for Mexican illegals and Islam.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:41 PM   #38
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,222
In before the lock!

If I didn't know and love so many people in the UK I would probably be morbidly curious at watching the further downward spiral of what was once the greatest empire the world has ever known.

Just seeing how quickly the Pound dropped in value overnight is...staggering.
This is not going to end well for anyone, except maybe Scotland. Possibly Ireland.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:41 PM   #39
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
the greatest empire the world has ever known.
I would attribute that to the Romans.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #40
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
In before the lock!

If I didn't know and love so many people in the UK I would probably be morbidly curious at watching the further downward spiral of what was once the greatest empire the world has ever known.

Just seeing how quickly the Pound dropped in value overnight is...staggering.
This is not going to end well for anyone, except maybe Scotland. Possibly Ireland.
Agreed. I've got a lot of family and friends in the various nations in the UK, so...

Staggering and depressing. Poor pound.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.