The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2017, 04:32 PM   #21
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Pretty much what happened. They kept replacing their henchmen with new ones that hogged the spotlight. It's a real shame given the potential they had.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:09 AM   #22
Skinrash
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxonius View Post
In the original 80's cartoon, Stockman gets trapped in a wormhole, never to return. This ending for Stockman is rather cruel and undeserved. In this series, Stockman started out as a good guy who was abused, tortured, and lied to all the time, which slowly turned him cynical, evil and insane. He did not deserve any of the treatment he got in the series, let alone his ending. The Turtles act like complete jerks and push him into the portal. The guy can't catch a break.
Yeah, I never understood why FW Baxter got such mean-spirited treatment either, the writers must've really hated that character for some reason. Maybe in the next OT crossover they could bring him back and give him a less cruel sendoff.
Skinrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:14 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinrash View Post
Yeah, I never understood why FW Baxter got such mean-spirited treatment either, the writers must've really hated that character for some reason. Maybe in the next OT crossover they could bring him back and give him a less cruel sendoff.
No, they did that to make him a sympathetic villain. I don't see why you would think they hated him when they kept bringing him back. They could have just had him ignored after Season 2.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:57 AM   #24
Skinrash
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No, they did that to make him a sympathetic villain. I don't see why you would think they hated him when they kept bringing him back. They could have just had him ignored after Season 2.
If they genuinely liked him, then having his character arch end with him getting trapped in a dimensional void and left to die was an odd way of showing their fondness. That seems like they couldn't care less about him to me.
Skinrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinrash View Post
If they genuinely liked him, then having his character arch end with him getting trapped in a dimensional void and left to die was an odd way of showing their fondness. That seems like they couldn't care less about him to me.
That's the whole point. Not every character gets some sort of happy ending.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baxter stockman