The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #21
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Honestly, they're more distracting than "focusing".
So with all the confiscations you've seen, does everyone just have one? You would know best.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #22
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How dare those evil schools take away the one thing that helps special needs kids.

#whyRumpwon
I'm sorry that this is a personal issue for me? I was one. And I got a lot of **** from teachers or hall monitors that didn't believe me when I said I was perfectly allowed to do something that was outlined on my IEP or I had a doctor's note for.

I was handcuffed over this kind of ****. 12 years old. While continually screaming "I don't want trouble".

me @ u
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #23
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Like, listen, school was literal hell for me. Authority and peers alike had their time to **** me over. There was one particular hall monitor that blocked my way out of the bathroom and threatened to get me expelled if I so much as touched her. Then when I walked underneath her, she lied and said I hit her.

I had a teacher in the middle of my IEP meeting ask everyone "okay, am I going to be needed at all here? can I go now?" after being asked how I behaved in his class.

I've had teachers that I wasn't even in the class of stop me in the middle of walking to my next class before the bell rings, MAKE me take of my sunglasses because I didn't have my doc note right there right now [it was in the office ON FILE]

So sorry that all of this hits a personal ****ing nerve for me. I have nightmares that are nothing but me ending up at school again for whatever reason. That's how horrifying it was of an experience for me.

So don't give me **** just because I'm worked up over this. If you'd experienced what I did too, you'd be right here with me. Let's not forget I got bullied for those noticeable special needs, kids would take anything from me they could because they knew I had permission -- one girl tried to fight me IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LESSON because she got her ipod confiscated while I was allowed to have mine out and got jealous.

Another kid stole my god damn calculator because my IEP said I was allowed to use one at all times. When I left the classroom to go somewhere, I carted my entire bag with me because if I didn't it'd all be gone by the time I got back, I've even had my locker broken into.

So don't mock me because I'm worked up over something. Don't ****ing mock me because I had a ****** time in an institution you didn't experience that kind of brutality in. And for any non-Americans especially, since your schools aren't ****ing prisons. You might also want to note that Nevada was ranked among the very bottom for US schools while I was attending them.

me @ u
Old 05-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #24
snake
Neutral Milk Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
So with all the confiscations you've seen, does everyone just have one? You would know best.
Yeah, pretty much. People just whip them out. I don't have one because I don't want to spend my money, but I played with my little brother's spinner before. Fun stuff.

Oh, it's another "Netkeeper goes nuclear" episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
If you have to explain why a joke isn't funny to you, then your ass is salty.

It's not out where you are? Too bad, no one cares about you.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #25
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Oh, it's another "Netkeeper goes nuclear" episode.
Oh shut the **** up. I'm perfectly calm. You don't know what my nuclear is.

me @ u
Old 05-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #26
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Like, listen, school was literal hell for me. Authority and peers alike had their time to **** me over. There was one particular hall monitor that blocked my way out of the bathroom and threatened to get me expelled if I so much as touched her. Then when I walked underneath her, she lied and said I hit her.

I had a teacher in the middle of my IEP meeting ask everyone "okay, am I going to be needed at all here? can I go now?" after being asked how I behaved in his class.

I've had teachers that I wasn't even in the class of stop me in the middle of walking to my next class before the bell rings, MAKE me take of my sunglasses because I didn't have my doc note right there right now [it was in the office ON FILE]

So sorry that all of this hits a personal ****ing nerve for me. I have nightmares that are nothing but me ending up at school again for whatever reason. That's how horrifying it was of an experience for me.

So don't give me **** just because I'm worked up over this. If you'd experienced what I did too, you'd be right here with me. Let's not forget I got bullied for those noticeable special needs, kids would take anything from me they could because they knew I had permission -- one girl tried to fight me IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LESSON because she got her ipod confiscated while I was allowed to have mine out and got jealous.

Another kid stole my god damn calculator because my IEP said I was allowed to use one at all times. When I left the classroom to go somewhere, I carted my entire bag with me because if I didn't it'd all be gone by the time I got back, I've even had my locker broken into.

So don't mock me because I'm worked up over something. Don't ****ing mock me because I had a ****** time in an institution you didn't experience that kind of brutality in. And for any non-Americans especially, since your schools aren't ****ing prisons. You might also want to note that Nevada was ranked among the very bottom for US schools while I was attending them.
What did they put on your IEP? I assume the sunglasses were for sensitive eyes or something but what about the ipod? I ask merely out of curiosity, having attended many IEP meetings myself for work.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #27
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
What did they put on your IEP? I assume the sunglasses were for sensitive eyes or something but what about the ipod? I ask merely out of curiosity, having attended many IEP meetings myself for work.
I had permission from the teacher in specific for the ipod, that one wasn't IEP, but my IEP dictated that I got to sit closest to the instructor, I could leave the room and see the counsellor whenever I needed to, I could use a calculator whenever I needed one, even on tests, I think there were other things that I forgot because it's been so long now, thank god. Those are the things I used the most.

The sunglasses are because I was born with sensitive eyes, yeah. My mom said that even as an infant I couldn't be taken outside without something blocking the light because I'd do nothing but scream and cry, and as an adult, it makes my eyes water. One time after I went outside to take the dog out, I forgot my glasses and had to come inside to get them but by then tears were already just kinda gushing. It makes my eyes sting so bad when I cry, too, so it sucks, lmao

My bedroom has blackout curtains so I can 100% control what light is in the room at any time and I have a browser extension that lets me edit the css styling of any website to give it a dark background easier on my eyes. I taught myself css when I was like 12

me @ u
Old 05-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #28
sdp
Post-Dream-Pop

me me me me me me

What does any of this have to do with fidget spinners?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:58 PM   #29
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

lol remind me why i respected you again

me @ u
Old 05-12-2017, 05:56 PM   #30
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I get why they may be calming for people who have anxiety disorders, but I feel that people who don't have said disorders can take advantage of these things and just use them at their leisure.

And I had a similar experience about the IEP thing because I was bullied by my LD math teacher when my mom wrote my math problems out and he accused me of having my mom do my work for me. She didn't do the work as I solved the problems on my own, but it was stated in my IEP that I was allowed to have a scribe if I needed one. Needless to say, my mom set him straight on that one pretty quickly and he didn't bother me about it again. But when he mocked me for it, I was ready to walk out of the class and I should have. So I definitely sympathize and understand where Net is coming from.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #31
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much. People just whip them out. I don't have one because I don't want to spend my money, but I played with my little brother's spinner before. Fun stuff.
Yeah, that seems pretty distracting.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:22 PM   #32
Powder
Endless Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
me me me me me me

What does any of this have to do with fidget spinners?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:34 PM   #33
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Really? Even people that don't suck hate me? Wtf? **** all of you. I hate all of you. Go away all of you. Piss off all of you. I hate all of you. Go away. **** off forever.

me @ u
Old 05-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #34
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Really? Even people that don't suck hate me? Wtf? **** all of you. I hate all of you. Go away all of you. Piss off all of you. I hate all of you. Go away. **** off forever.
No one hates you but if you take a step back and really look at yourself, I'm sure you can see why you would get people to react negatively towards you. You have a history of lashing out and taking things personally when they really have nothing to do with you.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:43 PM   #35
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist

Anyways, has anybody here personally played with one of these spinners? It probably is pretty satisfying, I wouldn't mind having one but it'd probably get old after about five minutes. They definitely don't need to be in classrooms though
Old 05-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #36
snake
Neutral Milk Hotel

Quote:

Anyways, has anybody here personally played with one of these spinners? It probably is pretty satisfying, I wouldn't mind having one but it'd probably get old after about five minutes. They definitely don't need to be in classrooms though
I have. It's pretty fun to play with while listening to music or browsing the internet.

Quote:

Old 05-12-2017, 08:18 PM   #37
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I have. It's pretty fun to play with while listening to music or browsing the internet.
Those bearings really are pretty good eh? How long you reckon you can get it to spin for?
Old 05-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #38
snake
Neutral Milk Hotel

Quote:
Those bearings really are pretty good eh? How long you reckon you can get it to spin for?
It depends. The one I used spun for a minute straight.

Quote:

Old 05-13-2017, 06:39 AM   #39
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

They do seem fun to mess around with, but I haven't done so. I think if we did give my nephews the spinners, we would have to set a guideline that they can't play with them until their schoolwork is done.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #40
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

I don't have concentration issues due to ADHD or other conditions, so I don't really see the point of them as entertainment. But then again I've never been a fan of spinning tops or finger boards.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote