The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 07:54 AM   #541
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Do the bootlegs come in a package or are they loose? I’m looking in to purchasing a set of authentication from eBay, I just want to make sure I actually get an authentic set and not bootlegs.
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:12 AM   #542
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
Do the bootlegs come in a package or are they loose? I’m looking in to purchasing a set of authentication from eBay, I just want to make sure I actually get an authentic set and not bootlegs.
Some knockoffs come in the vhs style box.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:39 PM   #543
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

I have a Gamestop Exclusive set for sale. If anyone is interested. Removed from package once. I have the SDCC set so no need for another. $150 shipped to the USA. If anyone is still looking for a set. Pm me for more info.
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:00 AM   #544
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

So does anyone know if these are coming back?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:03 AM   #545
ProdUK
Thug

In the UK they have them up for preorder due October/November.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/neca-tmn...a-turtles.html
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:52 AM   #546
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdUK View Post

All I can say is...WOW...£85 for the set of 4!! That's an incredible price if you ask me!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:02 PM   #547
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Any new news on this set?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:42 PM   #548
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

NECA does an ultimate figure line for some franchises that offers different interchangeable heads and accessories that were not included in the original release. Could you ever see NECA doing this with 1990 line? I really would love to see a closed mouth Mikey figure. Doubt it will happen though. I just thought with the success of this line that maybe it would be considered.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:26 PM   #549
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
NECA does an ultimate figure line for some franchises that offers different interchangeable heads and accessories that were not included in the original release. Could you ever see NECA doing this with 1990 line? I really would love to see a closed mouth Mikey figure. Doubt it will happen though. I just thought with the success of this line that maybe it would be considered.
Keep in mind most of the Ultimate releases were a collection of the various re-releases of the same figure that offers slight variations from different accessories to different head sculpts included all in one set.

The turtles don't have that unless NECA start releasing Turtles with different head sculpts which I don't see it happening as so far the only difference is Gamestop version having less accessories instead of different sculpts.
Also still unclear how the Turtles license NECA has signed on. Hopefully we get some clarification during SDCC. Lots of people just don't know how to ask the right questions instead of "Will this be released?"
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:42 PM   #550
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

All good points. Just wishful thinking on my part. If they release new head sculpts with the same bodies and the same accessories, I would still buy them. Seems like a no brainer way to make money but I’m not sure how the licensing works.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 12:51 PM   #551
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
All good points. Just wishful thinking on my part. If they release new head sculpts with the same bodies and the same accessories, I would still buy them. Seems like a no brainer way to make money but I’m not sure how the licensing works.
Yeah. My guess is if there will be secret of the ooze figures planned we might be seeing turtles with new headsculpts and different accessories. But we'll see.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:54 PM   #552
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Yeah. My guess is if there will be secret of the ooze figures planned we might be seeing turtles with new headsculpts and different accessories. But we'll see.
Makes sense. Way to get more money out those molds. I'm down for some SOTO figures, but I don't think I will get more turtles. Too similar to the 90's, and I like them better. Super Shredder though. That I'd grab. Probably Tokka and Rahzar too. One thing I hop they do is a SOTO OOZE Canister. I didn't get the original one, but a clear Movie II version I would get that.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:04 PM   #553
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

I still don't think I have ever seen another company so terribly underestimate the demand for something as what Gamestop/NECA did for these figures. I also can not believe that neither company has said "Oops! Sorry for our stupid mistake! We are making more of these so poor saps are not forced into buying knock-offs or taking out a second mortgage to buy them on EBay."
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:40 PM   #554
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

With the news of the international markets being opened up I keep seeing people say that US Gamestops are going to be restocked, but I guess that's what we're all hearing and I'll believe it when I see it.

Speaking of SOTO figures, though. If they do another Turtles set and they have new head sculpts and varied accessories, I'd be down to have another set of Turtles. Super Shredder, Tokka, and Rahzar are MUSTS. Wouldn't mind having a Keno either. haha
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:20 PM   #555
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Neca said on their instagram more should be at Gamestop sometime this summer
Old 07-08-2019, 05:40 PM   #556
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzqy2menMas/

once again NECA is saying its gamestop's fault . Neca on instgram says we do not handle distribution we produce what Gamestop orders and they allocate to their stores.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:07 AM   #557
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdUK View Post

This store will not send to my country and dont respond on my Mail .do you guys know of more stores i can put a pre order In??
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:56 AM   #558
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Hmm. Never had a problem with Kapow...

I dont know if these ship to your country, but some more UK stores:

https://forbiddenplanet.com/catalog/...se-date&page=1

This is one of the biggest UK chains. I order from them all the time.

https://www.comicsandcocktails.co.uk...les-p140485005

You can also find the seperate figs if you look through the NECA pre orders page. I have pre ordered the 2 pack tmnt with these guys.

https://www.geekeffect.co.uk/search?...inja+Turtles+7

They do have all 4 brothers, but you need to search down the page a little.

https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/produ...ovie-set-of-4/

I think they also have the 4 brothers seperately but you'll need to search the site. I have ordered from these guys in the past.

Hope this helps.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #559
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfanuk View Post
Hmm. Never had a problem with Kapow...

I dont know if these ship to your country, but some more UK stores:

https://forbiddenplanet.com/catalog/...se-date&page=1

This is one of the biggest UK chains. I order from them all the time.

https://www.comicsandcocktails.co.uk...les-p140485005

You can also find the seperate figs if you look through the NECA pre orders page. I have pre ordered the 2 pack tmnt with these guys.

https://www.geekeffect.co.uk/search?...inja+Turtles+7

They do have all 4 brothers, but you need to search down the page a little.

https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/produ...ovie-set-of-4/

I think they also have the 4 brothers seperately but you'll need to search the site. I have ordered from these guys in the past.

Hope this helps.

Kapow shipps to all the country around me. guess its because we offical not part off EU.thank you fore your time to gime me the links they are Very helpfull. In demand toys are down because maitaines so i am gone wait to tomorrow to put In a preorder,looks like comic&coctails are the best store,they are cheapest and looks like they are Very helpfull with int shipping.so thank you fore helping me Get a set😃😃

Its a littel frustration with all this store exclusive Neca is making.i know a lot off people dont like bbts but it woued be the best store overall. they are easy to buy from,got a lot In stock and ships worldwide.a lot off complaining about not finding them In stores etc woued been NON exsisting if they did make a exclusive deal with them.funny AS it is the one set that shoued be a gamestop exclusive turtles In time/videogame deco is sold at bbts.a littel backward if you Ask me.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:52 AM   #560
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

You are welcome. Happy to help. Hope you can get a set.

Yes, I think the Gamestop AND Target exclusives are frustraiting people in the US as well as outside the US. The good thing is that NECA have now got International TMNT Distribution so MORE stock will be made than just for the US market. Thats good all round, because they know the demand is there, and at a push, US peeps can order internataional. Win win for everyone.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote