The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-23-2020, 07:19 PM   #1
Shinigami
Thug

Live Action Show Based on Last Ronin

https://www.thecinemaspot.com/2020/06/23/exclusive-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-cbs-all-access/

Duplicate thread?
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:39 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

OK, so an adaptation of a comic book that isn't even out yet? Don't get me wrong, the comic looks promising, it's just that it's odd to use a storyline that hasn't been proven to work yet. Why not the space arc? Or City at War? Or The MOUSERS?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:50 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
https://www.thecinemaspot.com/2020/06/23/exclusive-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-cbs-all-access/

Duplicate thread?
I never heard of this site. The Cinema Spot. They don't even link to a source.
Also nobody else is reporting this. So take that with a grain of salt.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:52 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thought about making a thread for it earlier today, but decided to wait, unsure if the sources are legit or if it's coming from one of those rumor mill sites that can't be trusted. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Was especially skeptical since it claims to be based on Last Ronin that hasn't even come out yet.

A live action show would be awesome, so long as its far superior to the last attempt. (Though if a show only had one Turtle, based on that comic, that isn't a great choice.)

Only thing I don't like...I just don't want it limited to some streaming service I'd have to pay for just to see one show while not interested in anything else in the service, and then probably have to spend even more on a darn stick for my tv and eff around with all that nonsense and fundamentally change the use of my tv, because apparently my smart tv is already "too old" to get that particular streaming service directly. Ugh. (You'd think these tv's would get updates for that...) Why can't it just be on regular CBS if it actually happens. Why can't Nick's Netflix deal also get it on there...

Though I'd be happy if they'd just simply also release it as a DVD and/or Blu-ray set later on. I'd far rather own it than never see it again after canceling or the streamer removes it.

Is a new, well done, good old Saturday morning cartoon on CBS channel really so much to ask...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-23-2020 at 07:58 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:06 PM   #5
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Doubtful.

A live-action adaptation of a comic that (although seems great) isn’t even out yet?

Last edited by RaphaelinSTL; 06-23-2020 at 09:20 PM.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:06 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

From the network streamer that brought us such feel-good hits as "Star Trek: Discovery," "Star Trek: Picard," and the Twilight Zone reboot.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:22 PM   #7
AquaParade
Banned

Good god, man, is there a track record we can check for these guys?

This being true would make my week, straight up.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:55 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Good god, man, is there a track record we can check for these guys?
CBS On Demand? They only put out pure sh**.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:13 PM   #9
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
CBS On Demand? They only put out pure sh**.
No, CinemaSpot who started the rumor. I'm wondering if they are at all reliable.

I'm not familiar with CBS but based on concept alone it would undoubtedly be interesting to see.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:30 AM   #10
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Its a cool idea in general. Should at least be made into a cartoon.

Hate theres so many streaming services but if they only needed 1 turtle actor or cgi character that would probably save money, depending how many other non-humans it has.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:08 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I have a sneaking suspicion this will turn out to be complete B.S./fake news. We'll see.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:12 AM   #12
Vicky82
Emperor

So another rumour from another site about a live action series. How many have we had now, i've lost count.

Why is this in the movie section anyway and there is another thread on a rumoured live action series.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=62340

And this one as well

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61654

Last edited by Vicky82; 06-24-2020 at 05:52 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:13 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

I can attest that Star Trek Discovery is indeed dogshit. Hopefully this show, if it is indeed real, has a decent creative team.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 06:51 AM   #14
AquaParade
Banned

I suppose I have no doubt that this would be superior to any other tmnt television series or movie since 1990, based on concept alone. IMO, at least.

After sleeping on it, I'm sort of starting to doubt it's validity, but I'll be keeping my ear to the ground in case.

(My phone is turning all my apostrophe's into question marks for some reason.)

Last edited by AquaParade; 06-24-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:26 AM   #15
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Will believe it when I see it. No mention of which Turtle is the survivor...? I assume the others would feature in flashback.

Really hope this isn't a vehicle for telling Leonardo/Raphael/whoever how they're inherently toxic/problematic/whatever, but ultimately redeemable if they learn their lesson. Featuring cameos from disappointed and disappointing middle-aged April and Casey, and possibly Splinter in some kind of dream sequence... or something.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 10:36 AM   #16
AquaParade
Banned

Thing is, I don't even mind these rumors constantly popping up. If the reaction is positive enough and the headlines make a few splashes, maybe it will wake something up in Viacom.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:46 AM   #17
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

i am looking forward to it but i feel like its a wrong decision to do a comic that hasn't even come out, but on the other hand i would like the tv show to be something arrow with flash back/forward to make the whole thing more sad.
this could also mean that we could be getting more live action tmnt shows that adapt the comics. the ones that i think would be cool to see on a streaming service is the 1984, idw and body count
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:15 AM   #18
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddygaming reviews View Post
i am looking forward to it but i feel like its a wrong decision to do a comic that hasn't even come out, but on the other hand i would like the tv show to be something arrow with flash back/forward to make the whole thing more sad.
this could also mean that we could be getting more live action tmnt shows that adapt the comics. the ones that i think would be cool to see on a streaming service is the 1984, idw and body count
Bodycount?? My lord, that'd be such a blast to see as a live-action special. I admire the gusto of the comic but it's not a well-told story, but with that concept and aesthetic, you could make something so fun!
Obviously it doesn't sound at all like something that Viacom would approve, but maybe someday. Prob would please Kevin.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:48 PM   #19
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion this will turn out to be complete B.S./fake news. We'll see.
Likewise. I'd tried to look at the post history (and Googled) the writer of it, but didn't really see anything I was impressed by, or knowledgeable enough about to tell if this guy has known his stuff before or not. Who is he and what are his sources... because it seems that everything else carrying this rumor all got it from his article.

Until further poof I'm just assuming that guy has a 90% chance of being a "see what sticks" type.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:07 PM   #20
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

It's BS per Eastman on Twitter.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote