The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't even know why Tom Cruise is in this. They probably drove a boatload of money to his house. He should be too busy with Top Gun 2 next year.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:57 PM   #22
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't even know why Tom Cruise is in this. They probably drove a boatload of money to his house. He should be too busy with Top Gun 2 next year.
Or he actually liked the script. Most actors will do a movie if it's the right fit for them and if the script is good. Not all actors do films like this for the money.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The Mummy movie seems good enough, but I dunno... nothing's really standing out for me. It seems like it's trying too hard. It doesn't seem very scary, either, and doesn't have the sort of fun, swashbuckling vibe of the Fraser ones.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The Mummy movie seems good enough, but I dunno... nothing's really standing out for me. It seems like it's trying too hard. It doesn't seem very scary, either, and doesn't have the sort of fun, swashbuckling vibe of the Fraser ones.
Judging by the trailers it just seems too sterile. Like it's the kind of movie you watch and you forget everything about it just a month later.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:22 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Judging by the trailers it just seems too sterile. Like it's the kind of movie you watch and you forget everything about it just a month later.
It'll probably do Kong: Skull Island (anyone still remember that?) numbers, or a bit less. Mission Impossible VI: Mummy Protocol might do really, really well overseas, though... Tom does pull people in. Most of the time.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:26 AM   #26
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Universal’s Van Helsing Reboot Eyes Channing Tatum
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...AvHbdHzb5BI.99

Old 07-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I didn't even know there were looking at making a Van Helsing remake until today's news.

But why would they? Don't remakes generally have to be of originals that were actually good? Van Helsing with Jackman was one of the worst movies I've seen in my life.

This is probably the "Dracula" movie, or how they introduce Dracula in this universe.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #28
snake
Disgusting

Channing Tatum! He's a movie star! These are real movies! We're like Marvel!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:41 PM   #29
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Universal Just Shut Down Production on ‘Bride of Frankenstein’

Old 10-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #30
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'm sure tens of people are disappointed.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

LOL!

“After thoughtful consideration, Universal Pictures and director Bill Condon have decided to postpone Bride of Frankenstein,” Universal said in a statement to Deadline. “None of us want to move too quickly to meet a release date when we know this special movie needs more time to come together. Bill is a director whose enormous talent has been proven time and again, and we all look forward to continuing to work on this film together.”
Old 10-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #32
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

These guys just don't learn. They tried starting the "Dark Universe" a little bit quietly with that Dracula movie and it didn't work, so instead of being more subtle the second time, or abandoning the idea, the entire selling point of The Mummy was the fact that it was a small piece of a a grand cinematic universe. And now of course they look like bigger fools than ever, having counted their chickens before the eggs even existed.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
These guys just don't learn. They tried starting the "Dark Universe" a little bit quietly with that Dracula movie and it didn't work, so instead of being more subtle the second time, or abandoning the idea, the entire selling point of The Mummy was the fact that it was a small piece of a a grand cinematic universe.
And when it turned out the Mummy was poo, that was the only potentially retroactively redeeming aspect to things. "I dunno... *head scratch* maybe the movies to come will make this movie worthwhile to exist, somehow?" Now not even that, lol
Old 10-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #34
sdp
Megan Fox = April

They're suffering from the WB symptom of "if things do go as planned cancel everything".

I remember reading some interview that stated that the Wolfman 2010 film was a way to see if they revived their old Monsters Universe, that clearly didn't go anywhere.

A few years later they tried again with Dracula Untold only to fail again and now with the Mummy. You'd think after failing twice to set it up they would've had a better plan.

Then again my biggest problems with the Dark Universe is that these monsters just don't work in contemporary times, I mean I give them credit for trying and think it's cool that they went in a totally new direction but it's a hard sell. If it had been a time piece set in the past it might've been easier to sway audiences to check it out.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:29 PM   #35
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
They're suffering from the WB symptom of "if things do go as planned cancel everything".

I remember reading some interview that stated that the Wolfman 2010 film was a way to see if they revived their old Monsters Universe, that clearly didn't go anywhere.

A few years later they tried again with Dracula Untold only to fail again and now with the Mummy. You'd think after failing twice to set it up they would've had a better plan.

Then again my biggest problems with the Dark Universe is that these monsters just don't work in contemporary times, I mean I give them credit for trying and think it's cool that they went in a totally new direction but it's a hard sell. If it had been a time piece set in the past it might've been easier to sway audiences to check it out.
That's what I've been saying too, man. I don't know, a mummy just doesn't seem as scary if I can put it on facebook live

and also they tried really hard to spin The Mummy as an action movie, and to me action + horror is not a great combo.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #37
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Yeah, I think the whole Dark Universe is dead.

How many times have they tried to get this cinematic universe started?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:39 AM   #38
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

This was try 2, and they convinced themselves it would work because they made all of this marketing material for it alongside The Mummy. That was an awful idea.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:47 AM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Hopefully they've learned a lesson on their next fi -- oh, right, they're almost assuredly never working ever again. Maybe on TV. Or Crackle, or something.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #40
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Let's make this thread more useful then. I've always wanted to watch the Classic Universal horror films, how have they aged? I feel they'd be a bore to watch.

I'm a big fan of King Kong and don't mind black and white movies.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
universal cuck universe