The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-15-2005, 11:37 AM   #81
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
Hopefuly you'll come to a decision... Is it a sort of reunion thing? I'd go, but that's just what I'd do.

I need some advice from someone... I have NO idea what to study in college. I need to get enrolled, but that's kinda hard when I don't know what I wanna do. Here's what I've come up with so far:
1) Teach. I think I'd be good at this, but I don't know how I'd handle being in a school for the rest of my working life.
2) Graphic designer. I like art, a lot, and I like to think I'm decent at it. The problem? I can't really do art when I'm forced to. Pry not a good idea, but it's an idea.
3) Programmer. I'd turn this in to a career in the videogame industry. I enjoyed learning BASIC in highschool, and I'm starting to learn C++. I like it, but it takes a LOT of math.
Since I'm going to be a teacher myself I say go for 1).
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:43 AM   #82
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

I recommend that you do an open option....this means that you can take classes from numerous departments then you can figure out what you would like to do.

I did not do open option because I knew what I would like to do.....water quality. Now, I am going into teaching science....I can probably teach general science, life science, and earth science.

In terms of the reunion thing, it will be very expensive (airline travel, hotel, and dog-sitting).

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:05 PM   #83
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weapon x
I think it's finally gonna happen,My mom and dad have been fighting almost every day for the past five years and there has been talk about divorce before but nothing ever happened,but I think there seriously going to go through with it.Meanwhile my moms losing her eye sight she's getting migrane headaches and her own brother is suing her for something she did with the will of my grandfather who's been dead for 3 years now even though she was put in charge of it the state I live in has a ****ing stupid ass law about what you do with the will.I wish there was a better way to explain it.And my girlfriend and I are taking a break from eachother for a while.
Aww, kitten. *hugs* Stay strong, okay? And even when you don't feel so strong (and there may be those times), know that you have us, okay? Feel free to email or PM me anytime, okay? My ear, and arms, are open for you.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:07 PM   #84
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn
Aww, kitten. *hugs* Stay strong, okay? And even when you don't feel so strong (and there may be those times), know that you have us, okay? Feel free to email or PM me anytime, okay? My ear, and arms, are open for you.
Thanks it's good to know theres people like you here.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:10 PM   #85
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Hehe, JD is such a mommy.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:31 PM   #86
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm
Hehe, JD is such a mommy.
Heh, it's so funny you say that... Because when I first became a mod here, and needed a title... My one friend told me to put 'Mommy Mod'.

...Sometimes I still wish I had! Heh.

'Official Mommy of the Drome'. Heh, I kinda like that.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:07 PM   #87
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific freak
I recommend that you do an open option....this means that you can take classes from numerous departments then you can figure out what you would like to do.
I know at my college they allow students to sit in through a class for free to see if they like it or not. I forgot what that's called, but it sounds similiar to the open option deal. I'd take graphic designer because art is a large chunk of my life and I also use it on graphic programs. But, Gwgtrunk's heart seems to be pointing to a programmer. If he chooses that, he's choosing a very lucrative career.
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:29 AM   #88
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Thanks guys . I'm gonna go look into classes at the local community college tommrow before work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weapon x
I think it's finally gonna happen,My mom and dad have been fighting almost every day for the past five years and there has been talk about divorce before but nothing ever happened,but I think there seriously going to go through with it.Meanwhile my moms losing her eye sight she's getting migrane headaches and her own brother is suing her for something she did with the will of my grandfather who's been dead for 3 years now even though she was put in charge of it the state I live in has a ****ing stupid ass law about what you do with the will.I wish there was a better way to explain it.And my girlfriend and I are taking a break from eachother for a while.
Uck... that's a lot to have to deal with =\. I've gone through some similar problems, so feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to. About the divorce though, 'cause I think it needs to be said... some times it turns out a lot better then you'll think it will. I hope that's the case in your situation.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:48 AM   #89
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

Community colleges can help you get some required courses out of the way. Even though I was a biology major, I was required to take literature, art history, and music history courses. Universities want to make sure that the graduate is well-rounded when they get out of college.

I am going to the reunion thing at my alma mater. My airline ticket was only $400 for a roundtrip.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:09 PM   #90
Kazari
Foot Elite

Sorry, guys :(

I hope if I get anyone mad at me recently...I am not doing too good. My grandmother's in the hospital for the 2nd time in a row. she went out thinking she was better and 48 hours later she's back in there again. Plus my old neighbor who i love as one of my own grandfathers was in the hospital for 3 weeks...he was getting worse and worse...he's not doing too good and he probably wont' make it tomorrow...so i am very sad and angry inside so if i get anybody mad at me..im sorry.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:26 PM   #91
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Hey, sys, it's okay. We've ALL been through times like this, so we understand if you get mad at or upset with some of us. No biggie. You'll be in my prayers tonight and until further notice, as will your dear ones. *sends huge virtual huggles and much love to her dear sys.*

Peace, and much love to you, my sweet friend and soul-sister.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:11 PM   #92
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Sorry to hear about all that... I hope things get better for ya, and soon.

At risk of sounding like a jerk, this should be in 'The Cafe' thread.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 11:20 PM   #93
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

That's fine. I think she just wanted to make sure everyone saw it and knew that she dosen't mean it if she gets stressed.

I hope things start to look up soon Kazari.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:16 PM   #94
Kazari
Foot Elite

Please Think Of me

Hey everyone...my neighbor who was 80..who I thought of as my adopted grandfather passed away this morning...he had heart problems and was in the hospital for 3 weeks..there was nothing they could really do for him...

Now my grandmother's in the hospital for the 2nd time in 2 weeks and they don't know what's wrong with her...they are giving her blood transfusions now..

Please just think of me right now...whatever u do.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:21 PM   #95
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Well you have my sympathy and my best wishes. I hope it turns out well. Im on AIM if you want to talk ^_^
Good luck *Hugs*
Old 01-20-2005, 10:26 PM   #96
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Kazari, I'm so sorry about your neighbor. I only pray that your grandmother gets better soon.

Well, he was 80 years old. He lived his life. He's in a better place.

Keep your head held high, K. I'm here for you.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:27 PM   #97
Super Moderator

This belongs in the café section. I'm sorry to hear about that, Kazari. You just have to know that things happen, and it'll get better at some point. Hang in there.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:29 PM   #98
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

Okay, so theres this girl who goes by Usagi. She's a complete b!tch to me. Everytime I say "hi", she'llsay something like "f*ck off" or "go to hell".

I had a fight and lost a good friend.

Part 1 +2 of the fight are attatched.
Attached Files
File Type: doc fight_1.doc (31.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: doc fight_2.doc (31.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-22-2005, 09:30 PM   #99
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

Part 3. XD
Attached Files
File Type: doc fight_3.doc (34.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-24-2005, 08:44 AM   #100
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Wow, Hannah. That's one hell of a chatroom. I say to avoid conversations with those people in a group for a while. Try talking to them one at a time. Maybe if you could explain how you feel without so much going on, things might get better between you and your friends. That's up to you, though. Harsh words like that do manage to cut deep sometimes, and it makes you feel rotten.

All I can say is to just stay away from a large group and try having one-on-one conversations if you want to patch things up. Now I know you might think, "Well, it's their fault. So if they want things to get better then they should make the first move." But if you take that first step, it shows maturity and responsibility. If they want nothing to do with you, then that's the right time to say, "Screw 'em." and leave. True friends listen, no matter how many bad words or feelings are shown and tossed around.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip