The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Spider-Man:TAS Cast Reunites And Announces New Project

The cast from Spider-Man:TAS(1994) reunited for a 20th anniversary panel with the showrunner and talked about the show. Also, they revealed they are working on a new project. What it is exactly outside of a pulp style approach and title of Rocketmen is unclear. A proper conclusion to Spider-Man: The Animated Series or something that might not even include Spider-Man at all. Its anyone's guess.
https://music.yahoo.com/news/spider-...040000225.html
Old 11-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Sounds pretty neat. While Spider-Man TAS isn't my top favorite Spider-Man show, it was still a good show.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #3
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I'm interested to see how this comes out.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #4
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
I'm interested to see how this comes out.
You and me both, DF!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #5
snake
Disgusting

This sounds interesting.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

New details: https://www.facebook.com/makingofspi...245511/?type=1

Quote:
This, my friends, is the NEW SERIES that I have created, which will be crowd-funded with a campaign starting in a few months. And it will feature the ENTIRE MAIN CAST of "SPIDER-MAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES." Read on:

During World War II, they were a secret squadron protecting the skies of America from spies, saboteurs and other agents of destruction. They employed a top secret technology that allowed a man to defy gravity with the aid of a futuristic jetpack. They were the ROCKETMEN, and there's was a battle that no history book has yet to record. But when a band of fliers armed with a similar Nazi technology threatens to invade the U.S.A., a secret battle ensues that threatens freedom and democracy. And as airmen take to the skies to stage this battle of the millennium, thus begins the...WAR OF THE ROCKETMEN!

Welcome to the world of "WAR OF THE ROCKETMEN!" Inspired by the old Republic serials of the thirties and forties, and the many comic book, TV and movie heroes over the years in the vein of COMMANDO CODY and Dave Stevens' astounding "ROCKETEER".

"WAR OF THE ROCKETMEN" is a concept that takes the flying jetpack-equipped hero in a bold new, expansive direction.

"WAR OF THE ROCKETMEN" is a proposed series that will be wholly financed by crowd-funding, with a campaign to begin sometime within the next few months.

"WAR OF THE ROCKETMEN" is the creation of JOHN SEMPER JR., an Emmy-nominated veteran of over thirty years in the animation business as a writer/producer and show-runner. Perhaps his most famous TV show was "SPIDER-MAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES" (1994) for which he was head-writer and producer.

To that end, Mr. Semper has enlisted the talents of the entire core cast of "Spider-Man: The Animated Series", who have all agreed to participate in this NEW series as well. This includes CHRISTOPHER DANIEL BARNES, ED ASNER, SARATOGA BALLANTINE, JENNIFER HALE, GREGG BERGER, RODNEY SAULSBERRY, GARY IMHOFF, and PATRICK LABYORTEAUX!
Spoiler:

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #7
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

That picture has to be a joke.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #8
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I'm just still wondering if we'll ever get a proper DVD or Blu-ray release of Spider-Man: The Animated Series? It's the only cartoon show I loved as a kid that I don't own. I know some countries got it released but not all of us have that opportunity. I really want this show released on DVD or Blu-ray so I can watch it again.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It had four volumes released at the end of the VHS era before full seasons were the norm like the Ultimate Villain Showdown and Spider-Man vs Daredevil. I always wondered if it was a divided rights issue.

Its a shame that it is indeed not a Spider-Man project if its the Spider-Man cast. Not much sense in a way but a passion project and reunion or the people involved. If it was Spider-Man I would have tossed $100.00 into it. I still will watch the development of this even if I am not as interested as I could be.

Tags
spider-man