The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-27-2018, 08:48 AM   #221
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'd completely forgotten about this movie. Still not interested.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:40 AM   #222
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Allows more time for the Disney acquisition to be completed and for this to be removed from theaters altogether. I still think this never hits theaters and gets thrown on Hulu or Disney's new streaming service next year. Same with New Mutants.

I'm sure Feige won't want a non-MCU movie with skrulls coming out less than a month before a MCU movie with Skrulls does.
That's an interesting theory. I am inclined to believe it's something more than just creative changes, so I like the way you're thinking.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:41 AM   #223
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That's an interesting theory. I am inclined to believe it's something more than just creative changes, so I like the way you're thinking.
Could be. Sounds a lot more likely now that TWO X-Men movies are getting pushed to 2019.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:02 AM   #224
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

This would put two Marvel movies set in the 90's with Skrulls as antagonists 3 weeks apart. No way Disney allows that. This movie will keep getting pushed if necessary until the acquisition is complete.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:33 AM   #225
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
This would put two Marvel movies set in the 90's with Skrulls as antagonists 3 weeks apart. No way Disney allows that. This movie will keep getting pushed if necessary until the acquisition is complete.
We all know the X-Men Skrulls are going to be in name only. I wouldn't be worried if I were Disney.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:07 PM   #226
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

They probably moved them because in 2019 is when Disney would own Fox.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 03-28-2018 at 05:04 AM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:33 PM   #227
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The reason for the delay is that after showing the film to test audiences, FOX decided to do some reshoots. However, they will not be done until after September because Sophie Turner has to finish filming the final season of Game of Thrones by then. There just wasn't room in her schedule to do the reshoots in time to release the film in November of this year.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/...cant-reshoots/

Also, here's a photo that was taken during production a while ago.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/...-new-costumes/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:23 PM   #228
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
The reason for the delay is that after showing the film to test audiences, FOX decided to do some reshoots. However, they will not be done until after September because Sophie Turner has to finish filming the final season of Game of Thrones by then.
Oh, good. That's right around the time the Disney acquisition of Fox should be approved.

That may actually be part of the reasons for all of these delays. The closer these Foxmen movies drop before the government gives the Disney thing the thumbs up, the higher the likelihood (the producers at Fox as it exists now would hope, anyway) that Disney would grudgingly grandfather them into the MCU rather than if they were further back and easier to ignore, not as fresh in people's minds. Maybe.

All of that is irrelevant, of course, if it turns out they suck.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:08 AM   #229
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh, good. That's right around the time the Disney acquisition of Fox should be approved.

That may actually be part of the reasons for all of these delays. The closer these Foxmen movies drop before the government gives the Disney thing the thumbs up, the higher the likelihood (the producers at Fox as it exists now would hope, anyway) that Disney would grudgingly grandfather them into the MCU rather than if they were further back and easier to ignore, not as fresh in people's minds. Maybe.

The X-Men universe will get rebooted for the MCU. the current state of them are too grounded and would not fit in well with the MCU.

One of the disappointing things I heard about Dark Phoenix is that its not cosmic. The only cosmic elements i heard is they go on that one mission in a space shuttle and that's it.

The X-Men has all sorts of cool Cosmic stuff that the movies never explored. So I'm hoping a Marvel Studios X-Men would explore those areas. For example the Starjammers would be cool to see on the big screen.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:49 AM   #230
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Also, here's a photo that was taken during production a while ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX4UO5UW0AEKKHh.jpg

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/...-new-costumes/
Those suits look like a bridge between the ones from First Class and the ones from the very first film back in 2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:22 AM   #231
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:

I don't think there is any chance of that happening. They're rebooting this as soon as they can which is why I keep thinking they'll pull this from theaters altogether if they're able to in order to increase the distance between X-Men movies.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #232
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Those suits look like a bridge between the ones from First Class and the ones from the very first film back in 2000.
That's a very good description there.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:33 AM   #233
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

So apparently Phoenix reshoots are delayed because Sansa Stark has to go film her final season...

I dunno, I'm still reaaaaaaaaaally leaning into the conspiracy theories on this one.

Deadpool 2 is being allowed to go through for its normal release, because everybody loves Deadpool and it is its own thing.

But the other two X-films? Nobody has confidence in them as is, and they're getting shoved further out... while talks continue to happen...

Somebody post that Kevin Feige GIF.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:13 AM   #234
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So apparently Phoenix reshoots are delayed because Sansa Stark has to go film her final season...

I dunno, I'm still reaaaaaaaaaally leaning into the conspiracy theories on this one.

Deadpool 2 is being allowed to go through for its normal release, because everybody loves Deadpool and it is its own thing.

But the other two X-films? Nobody has confidence in them as is, and they're getting shoved further out... while talks continue to happen...

Somebody post that Kevin Feige GIF.
Yeah, there's definitely something going on here other than what they're saying. Something with Disney.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:30 AM   #235
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Yeah, there's definitely something going on here other than what they're saying. Something with Disney.
I'm really looking forward to 2019 and seeing how many of my personal tinfoil theories come true.

Like a Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, or Galactus end credits scene for Avengers 4...

Or these films not happening except in some weird limited way as Marvel announces the X-Men are MCU official now...

Like, how do we know Channing Tatum's Gambit didn't become a casualty of the MCU acquisition?

Spooooooooookkkkkyyyyy...
Old 03-28-2018, 11:34 AM   #236
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to 2019 and seeing how many of my personal tinfoil theories come true.

Like a Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, or Galactus end credits scene for Avengers 4...

Or these films not happening except in some weird limited way as Marvel announces the X-Men are MCU official now...

Like, how do we know Channing Tatum's Gambit didn't become a casualty of the MCU acquisition?

Spooooooooookkkkkyyyyy...
I think things may be further along than anyone is letting on. That, even while the government hasn't given full approval yet... there is handshakes and agreements going on to placate the "new owners."

Because think about it. If you're a suit working at Fox right now on an X-Men movie, or a Fantastic Four-related movie, you must be aware of the news, right? You can't be oblivious to the fact that in about 8 months, the government is on track to approve a total buyout of the studio you work at by Disney, right? My point is, it would really, really behoove you to be super nice and accommodating to everyone at Disney leading up to that. i.e., including Disney using their characters sooner than expected, or shutting down this, or mothballing that (or maybe add a "Thanos steps in and destroys their universe!" reshoot scene to both New Mutants and Dark Phoenix). Because hey, if you play ball now, Disney might even let you keep your job when the smoke settles. If they're dicks now to Disney, there'd be slim to no chance they would.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:38 AM   #237
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I think things may be further along than anyone is letting on. That, even while the government hasn't given full approval yet... there is handshakes and agreements going on to placate the "new owners."

Because think about it. If you're a suit working at Fox right now on an X-Men movie, or a Fantastic Four-related movie, you must be aware of the news, right? You can't be oblivious to the fact that in about 8 months, the government is on track to approve a total buyout of the studio you work at by Disney, right? My point is, it would really, really behoove you to be super nice and accommodating to everyone at Disney leading up to that. i.e., including Disney using their characters sooner than expected, or shutting down this, or mothballing that (or maybe add a "Thanos steps in and destroys their universe!" reshoot scene to both New Mutants and Dark Phoenix). Because hey, if you play ball now, Disney might even let you keep your job when the smoke settles. If they're dicks now to Disney, there'd be slim to no chance they would.
Exactly.

Except some of them aren't in on that strategy, 'cause we keep hearing about a Doctor Doom movie or the Fantastic Four Kids movie... which I personally assume is just some suit keeping the interns busy in a corner somewhere so they don't spill coffee on the copier machine.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:03 PM   #238
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Just had to go back and look at the list of X-Men movies we're totally absolutely going to someday see on the big screen. Man, Fox has almost as much spaghetti on the wall as WB/DC...

Filmed and gonna happen (somehow)
Deadpool 2
X-Men: Dark Phoenix
New Mutants

Sequels we can (maybe) count on
X-Force / Deadpool 3
X-23

Sure, Fox, keep dreaming and someday it'll happen...
Gambit
Kitty Pryde
Multiple Man
Doctor Doom
Silver Surfer
Fantastic Four reboot
Old 03-28-2018, 01:09 PM   #239
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Except some of them aren't in on that strategy, 'cause we keep hearing about a Doctor Doom movie or the Fantastic Four Kids movie...
See, these are the things that confound me.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:45 PM   #240
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

I like to think that Marvel Studios, especially Kevin Feige, are able to take a more measured approach and not rush into any film properties they acquire from Fox.

As much as I absolutely LOVE the Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, Galactus and the Silver Surfer, I don't want to see them handled poorly. And I think after building up the cosmic threat that is Thanos for ten years, the MCU needs to focus on more grounded, smaller-scale stories for at least a little while before introducing another "OMG this is The End!"-type villains or scenarios.

And then the X-Men have the potential to f#ck up the whole MCU if mishandled, so that's worrying. The introduction of mutants to the MCU (as opposed to the "miracles" we got in the form of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch) has the potential to be its own phase of the MCU, if it even continues to use phases that far into the future.

In any case, it'll probably be almost 2025 before Disney/Marvel is able to release any movies using characters whose film rights used to belong to Fox.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote