The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 10:37 AM   #21
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I wonder if Spider-Pig will show up
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #22
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Let’s hope not. The story really REALLY sucked
The only decent things it did were

-Hint the Mayday Parker affected by Spider-Verse wasn't the canonical one
-Making light of, as well as sparing, the newspaper strip universe
-Introducing the Renew Your Vows Spider-Man
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:23 AM   #23
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Being a 90s kid I'd love to see MC2 Spider-Girl, the Scarlet Spider but also Spider-Carnage and Japanese Spider-Man. I don't see most of those happening, especially when you have clone characters like Spider-Gwen who are popular today.

I hope it doesn't take away from this being a Miles Morales story but yeah, I do love me some 90s Spider-Man mythos, that's the spider-man I grew up with. I'm tired of "young Peter Parker" stories, when I got into Spider-Man he was already a grown up man. That's why Miles Morales works, he can have the type of stories that Parker used to have but the universe has also evolved from that at the same time, best of both worlds.
Peter was in high school when the comics started...

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:35 AM   #24
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
Peter was in high school when the comics started...
And he graduated about 30 issues later.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #25
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
My gay child is rising.
I have never seen such a post on the forum I don't even know how to interpret the post haha
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #26
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Details of the movie from a Q&A held by Lord and Miller

http://collider.com/peter-parker-spi...ider-man-movie

-Film enters a "big universe", the teaser was but a fraction of what's to come

-This is a film that makes you feel like you've entered a comic book, a "living painting"

-The intent is to make Peter Parker the grown-up in the room

-The tone of the movie is more action-adventure than comedy

-It is part of the "multiverse" and has no ties to Homecoming

-The movie is about regular people making the choice to act as a hero, rather than be born with a specific destiny in mind
Old 12-11-2017, 02:00 PM   #27
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
And he graduated about 30 issues later.
Yeah, that was always the strange thing about the original series. They absolutely blew through his high school days. I mean, just got out of there as soon as humanly possible without exploring it in any real detail before moving on to college. Always seemed like a missed opportunity and it probably says a lot that most other continuities and adaptations made a point to use that time period in more depth.

Quote:
Being a 90s kid I'd love to see MC2 Spider-Girl, the Scarlet Spider but also Spider-Carnage and Japanese Spider-Man.
Gotta say, Spider-Carnage is the last thing I expected to see anyone request.

Quote:
Let’s hope not. The story really REALLY sucked
I thought it was fun and enjoyed it, but it wasn't really what I wanted it to be. I also didn't care for how much it felt like Slott was caving to criticisms of the SpOck era and trying to appease people who were upset that the climax of that was, you know, a character realizing he was wrong and doing the right thing rather than a fistfight where Peter wins through might to reclaim his life. But the concept was solid and it had a lot of cool stuff in it, even if it did build off aspects of Spider-Man that really should have just been left for dead.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #28
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Gotta say, Spider-Carnage is the last thing I expected to see anyone request.
Well, to be fair, he was the antagonist of the very first stab at a Spider-Verse story (from the 90s animated series finale)

Quote:
the concept was solid and it had a lot of cool stuff in it, even if it did build off aspects of Spider-Man that really should have just been left for dead.
That, or left well enough alone, like MC2 (thankfully DeFalco had a solution to that, though it's not likely we'll see the "real" MC2 again)
Old 12-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #29
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Well, to be fair, he was the antagonist of the very first stab at a Spider-Verse story (from the 90s animated series finale)
I actually forgot that until you just reminded me. I think I purged anything from the back half of the 90's animated series from my brain at some point.

Quote:
That, or left well enough alone, like MC2 (thankfully DeFalco had a solution to that, though it's not likely we'll see the "real" MC2 again)
Oh yeah, that continuity ain't ever coming back in a regular fashion. Renew Your Vows effectively replaced it as the side universe for "Peter and MJ are married with a kid" for one thing. For another, Spider-Girl sold terribly for most of its life and barely got by due to being a cult favorite with a really dedicated core audience, even if Marvel really, really wanted to cancel it for years before they finally did. I could see a miniseries if they decide they ever want to do something new for an anniversary but nothing other than that.

You could argue they could have left well enough alone and I could even theoretically agree, but the whole premise of Spider-Verse was every prominent version of Spider-Man, so she had to fit in somewhere. Otherwise, you also have people upset she got left out when everyone else showed up. Might have even taken it as a sign she'd been truly forgotten.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #30
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I actually forgot that until you just reminded me. I think I purged anything from the back half of the 90's animated series from my brain at some point.
I'm of a similar mindset, I don't count the last season at all even if I enjoyed "Six Forgotten Warriors" and the Spider-Wars finale. My cut off point is "The Wedding" episode, which actually aired in the UK as the finale of the previous season rather than the premiere of the last.

Quote:
You could argue they could have left well enough alone and I could even theoretically agree, but the whole premise of Spider-Verse was every prominent version of Spider-Man, so she had to fit in somewhere. Otherwise, you also have people upset she got left out when everyone else showed up. Might have even taken it as a sign she'd been truly forgotten.
I agree, and I did appreciate that Slott made sure Mayday's baby brother had a big role to play in the story even if she did not (with Benjy/Benny being the "scion" of the Inheritor prophecy), that said, I was referring to the little trick DeFalco threw into his short story in the tie-ins which hinted the MC2 continuity featured in the event was NOT the original MC2 universe he had written for a decade (as a way of pacifying fans who loved the universe and were upset MC2 Peter, the one Spider-Man with the most complete ending at the time, had been killed off)

With this trick, he ensured that the "real" MC2, not seen since 2010, remained safe and well while another Mayday and her family suffered.

Also the way Slott dealt with the fate of the newspaper strip universe, where the Master Weaver protected it inside a pocket dimension, also offered up the possibilities of other realities being spared in similar ways.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #31
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I like the art style, amazing job. Is the other Spider-Man at the end Peter Parker? (Please tell me no) i look forward to it.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #32
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I'm of a similar mindset, I don't count the last season at all even if I enjoyed "Six Forgotten Warriors" and the Spider-Wars finale. My cut off point is "The Wedding" episode, which actually aired in the UK as the finale of the previous season rather than the premiere of the last.
I'm not sure where I stopped the last time I tried to go through it. It's one of those series that doesn't age well and is kind of hard to get through as an adult. You see all the blatant ways they cut corners and screwed up. But man, the Venom episodes held up well and the show did well with fun guest hero appearances.

Quote:
I agree, and I did appreciate that Slott made sure Mayday's baby brother had a big role to play in the story even if she did not (with Benjy/Benny being the "scion" of the Inheritor prophecy), that said, I was referring to the little trick DeFalco threw into his short story in the tie-ins which hinted the MC2 continuity featured in the event was NOT the original MC2 universe he had written for a decade (as a way of pacifying fans who loved the universe and were upset MC2 Peter, the one Spider-Man with the most complete ending at the time, had been killed off)

With this trick, he ensured that the "real" MC2, not seen since 2010, remained safe and well while another Mayday and her family suffered.

Also the way Slott dealt with the fate of the newspaper strip universe, where the Master Weaver protected it inside a pocket dimension, also offered up the possibilities of other realities being spared in similar ways.
Ah. I don't think I've read all the little short stories. Spider-Verse had a good bit of side content.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:06 AM   #33
ZariusTwo
Overlord

New footage of the movie was screened at Cinemacon

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/...age-cinemacon/

A new job for Miles' father...instead of a SHIELD agent, he's a cop. While a younger Peter is killed in this movie, an older version from another universe arrives and mentors Miles. There are multiple villains, including the Green Goblin, Kingpin and Prowler (aka Uncle Aaron)
Old 06-06-2018, 07:49 AM   #35
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Looks pretty neat! As someone who has no attachment to Miles Morales, I'll definitely watch this.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:19 AM   #36
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Is this secretly going to be the best Spider-Man movie?

It looks fun, the animation/art style is awesome and in a way reminds me of a modern take on the MTV Spider-Man animated show style. The comic book style that you see is so refreshing. I wish it were only a Miles Morales movie but I'm also excited to see all the other spider-mans, I hope they get geeky even if some only get a 3 second cameo. How about we get more movies in this style Sony? THIS is the Spider-Man movie verse you want to invest in, I hope its a hit.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:32 PM   #37
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Is it just me or does Peter seem off? I don't really like his look and the voice doesn't fit. He looks to be way older than normal with the greying hair.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:40 PM   #38
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'm not a Spider-Person, in that I don't really have much of a horse in the Spider Race.

That said, I really dig the look of the animation, and I love the voice acting.
Especially the Dad, because that cracks me right the heck up.

Yeah, I'm very much looking forward to this movie.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:38 PM   #39
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Is it just me or does Peter seem off? I don't really like his look and the voice doesn't fit. He looks to be way older than normal with the greying hair.
I'm actually glad they made him older it makes him different from the other movie versions. Plus it makes him stand out from Miles.

He's got a tired middle-aged man vibe going on XD but still kicking butt~

Last edited by BabyTurtles; 06-06-2018 at 09:22 PM.
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #40
Shark_Blade
Emperor

He reminds me of Andrew Garfield (best Spiderman imo).

Miles looks cute too. The visuals look stunning. Can’t wait!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boycottspiderverse, into the cuckverse, my sjw sense is tingling, spider-man