The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-22-2018, 10:47 AM   #181
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Then take the discs out and put them in another case or something. Its no big deal.
You can have it if you'd like.

I'll just say that this in no way deserves a MSRP of $89.99.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #182
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
In before someone comes in and says the whole show was a cash grab
Yes I almost forgot about our favourite Fred Wolf fan...
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:53 AM   #183
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I don't think it's a cashgrab since shelf-friendly packaging is always a good idea.
I actually like this new re-release for the fact it saves shelf space and fits at normal DVD height!

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:55 AM   #184
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
I actually like this new re-release for the fact it saves shelf space and fits at normal DVD height!
So someone else gets it. They ought to just use better casing where they don't stack discs.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #185
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
Now imagine how much more space you could save if it was on blu-ray.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:31 AM   #186
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Now imagine how much more space you could save if it was on blu-ray.
The amount of discs would most likely be reduced by half at the most, since the memory on the discs would be used to enhance the picture and sound quality. That apparently isn't possible with the masters they have. They're not putting them on Blu-ray for storage alone.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:04 AM   #187
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I was told on another forum that almost all animated shows can be scanned to be in HD because they're done on film or some fancy explanation I cant' remember, so is this possible for the OT? Because I remember reading the exact opposite many years ago.

I think in standard definition even if they touched it up a bit from the current releases (since they crammed 10 episodes per disc) they'd all fit in one Blu-Ray.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #188
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
I'm still looking to buy the van (no discs) if anyone is selling theirs
Same. Nobody seems to sell them appart on ebay.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:13 PM   #189
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Unless a set of discs somehow were destroyed and unable to play, I can kind of see why that doesn't really happen. I mean good god, where would someone store so many discs otherwise. >.<
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:05 PM   #190
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

So today I was trying to rip all the DVDs from the box set that comes with the Turtle Van, One of the disks is defective, my burner can't read it at all, I see white dots on a whole side of the disk, It looks like its from the inside as I can't wipe them clean. Therefore one of these disks is defective.

I'm going to have to order the new box set that comes in the case, Hopefully all the disks would be in good condition. I was trying to rip these DVDs so that I can store the episodes on my NAS, But with one disc defective, I can't rip the entire set.

If any of you guys bought this box set recently, Make sure all the Disks are in good condition, Otherwise they won't play on the player or anything.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:17 PM   #191
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

a little update, I managed to order the new box set that comes in the case on Amazon, It should be here tomorrow.

Imagine owning the original set only to find out one disk was defective.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:57 PM   #192
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
So today I was trying to rip all the DVDs from the box set that comes with the Turtle Van, One of the disks is defective, my burner can't read it at all, I see white dots on a whole side of the disk, It looks like its from the inside as I can't wipe them clean. Therefore one of these disks is defective.

I'm going to have to order the new box set that comes in the case, Hopefully all the disks would be in good condition. I was trying to rip these DVDs so that I can store the episodes on my NAS, But with one disc defective, I can't rip the entire set.

If any of you guys bought this box set recently, Make sure all the Disks are in good condition, Otherwise they won't play on the player or anything.
I encountered similar problems with one of my movies when ripping my DVD collection a couple years ago. The bonus disc ripped just fine, yet for some reason my DVD drive couldn't read the main feature disc. Unfortunately, it was most likely due to disc rot. For media that isn't too rare, replacements can easily be found used in good condition or even new, but it's still annoying to deal with. I should probably go back and make sure every important disc in my house has been archived before it's too late. Video cassettes are even more stressful to deal with.

Also, how is the video quality on this set? I only have the original 2004 Season 1 DVD with the bonus episodes from Season 10 and it looked really great the last time I watched it. Some people have complained about "VHS quality," so it sounds like the later season releases didn't have a high quality transfer.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:35 PM   #193
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The TMNT complete series set has shipped today. So it should be here later today.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:36 PM   #194
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Disc media just was never any good, awful format the only positive it had was its large capacity for a cheap price. Now that physical media is a niche it should go to a more expensive but better format like say the Nintendo Switch cards. Perhaps it didn't make sense when they were trying to make the cheapest product but now it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
Also, how is the video quality on this set? I only have the original 2004 Season 1 DVD with the bonus episodes from Season 10 and it looked really great the last time I watched it. Some people have complained about "VHS quality," so it sounds like the later season releases didn't have a high quality transfer.
Well the first disc only had like 9 episodes per disc which for DVD it's a lot of episodes that start affecting video quality since it can only handle so much space. Later releases included 12 or 13 episodes per disc so quality suffered. Of course Lionsgate never remastered the show either so it was just the transfers they already had and shoving a bunch of episodes per disc. Even without remastering them releasing the episodes on streaming or on dvds with less episodes would improve quality but they don't care. And yes each release and box set includes the same discs as far as I remember.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:45 PM   #195
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Discs are very delicate pieces of media, They need to be handle with care. You should never touch the bottom part of it and it shouldn't have any scratches.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:50 PM   #196
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The new box set finally came today, and I noticed that Disk 6 and Disk 7 has one of the same episodes. The episode called Plan Six From Outer Space shows up at the of Disk 6, but at the front of Disk 7. And it seems like this episode is Season 4, not Season 3.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #197
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
The new box set finally came today, and I noticed that Disk 6 and Disk 7 has one of the same episodes. The episode called Plan Six From Outer Space shows up at the of Disk 6, but at the front of Disk 7. And it seems like this episode is Season 4, not Season 3.
You are over 10 years late with this discovery, they're the same discs from the individual volumes and there are repeat episodes, Vol. 1 has Season 8 episodes for example and some episodes were skipped and put on future volumes.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:37 AM   #198
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Vol. 1 has Season 8 episodes for example
Season 10 you mean, right? Aren't you talking about the four episodes on volume one that are half of season 10's episodes?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote