The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #61
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Yeah, I'm with you guys. Good stuff.
Spoiler:
Though I think the Fate helmet stuff is kinda overdone at this point. At least it seemed permanent at the end.
I do get tired of magic stuff after so many times, but:

Spoiler:
Hearing Fate's voice combined with Zatana's was pretty neat.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #62
ToTheNines
[sic]

Another great one this morning. Anyone catch it?

It was an easy hit for me, since it starred Wally, was a snow episode and Chicago got a quick scene.

Plus it didn't end with the Light basking in their own genius, I hate how most of these episodes do that.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #63
oldmanwinters
Overlord

"Coldhearted"

I actually thought today's episode might have been the strongest of the series thus far from an emotional point.

It was one of those stories that revealed that sometimes the most important battle isn't the big fight being waged in the sky between demi-gods, but the seemingly insignificant troubles of regular people.

Here's to Wally West, the unsung hero!

Also,
Spoiler:
Hugo Strange is one creepy mad doctor!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-10-2012 at 03:09 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #64
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I do get tired of magic stuff after so many times, but:

Spoiler:
Hearing Fate's voice combined with Zatana's was pretty neat.
I actually like seeing Fate....I think the story for fate is pretty interesting and how so much power comes with a price.

And yes I did see this mornings episode. At first glance I didnt think it would horrible compare to the others, but it turned out to be one of my favorites.
Spoiler:
I am also happy that they finally told Wally about Super Boy and Ms. Martian. Finally that horrible awkward moments of Wally hitting on her and not even realizing that she is taken
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #65
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Re: "Image"

Wow, I used to think Raven from Teen Titans was the poster child of a heroine with "issues," but Miss Martian now takes the cake!

The reveal of her initial "secret" was funny and cute, but the lengths to which she willing to go to continue her charade were about the most disturbing thing I've seen in this show yet!

I'm actually starting to wonder if she's really from Mars.

In other news... woohoo, Marina Sirtis now has a recurring role on the show! I can't think of anyone better suited to voice a femme fatale; as soon as I heard her I thought, "It's Demona!"

EDIT:
Spoiler:

No, seriously, this is a potential spoiler:
Spoiler:
Regarding my suspicions whether Miss Martian was supposed to be of the same race of Martian as Martian Manhunter, I did a little Wiki-ing and found out her comic counterpart is actually a "White Martian" who began masquerading as a "Green Martian" before being briefly ostracized from the Teen Titans. She returns after embracing her White Martian identity... but still keeps a humanoid appearance rather than her beastly form.

So, looks like the show might be adapting that storyline.

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-18-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #66
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Spoiler:
Yeah, Miss Martian is pretty f*cked up. Also, is this why she got all freaked out when Canary said she was "white" (but meant Caucasian) during their therapy session?
Old 03-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #67
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Really enjoyed this episode today, pretty solid all the way around, I dont think I will be re-watching this ep too many times though, bc this was mostly for story and character development.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:29 AM   #68
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, MM is pretty twisted. Gotta feel bad for her though.

Great episode overall, but I wonder why Robin was acting so bummed about leading the team... he was all about it back in Drop Zone.

Beast Boy's new origin is really cool though, can't wait for him to join the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
She's a white Martian.

Anyways, next week's episode is a Thanksgiving episode. I'm really pumped for it, since Superboy goes back to the Cadmus lab where he was born. Hopefully we got some answers.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 03-18-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #69
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Spoiler:
White Martians and Green Martians used to be the same race and bred by fire (litterally). But then the Guardians/Oan's thought they were too powerfull and had the races become seperate. The Green's are more peacefull while the White's are more agressive and have attempted numerous times to take over the earth. Both have a fear of fire. Megan pretends to be Green because the White's are so hated and feared by everyone else.

Im still unsure how they're persuing this with the storyline for her in the cartoon. Yeah people in the comics know she's a White and semi-trust her... but is she really J'onn's niece?? When did the seperation of the races take place? I know J'onn has a brother but did he have another sibling? In one ep Megan says she has 12 sisters. Are they all whites as well or was she just fibbing?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #70
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant

There's a trailer for Season Two at Hollywood Insider.com. Unfortunately I can't post the link because my computer has a difficult time going to that website. Could someone else post a link?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #71
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Here's the link:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...network-301371

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #72
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Oh, so it was Hollywood Reporter not Insider. I'm silly.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #73
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Wait....so beast boy is joining the team???? and watched a little of the season 2 preview and I cant wait!!!!!! we still have a few eps of season 1 though! This show is intense!!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #74
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Wait....so beast boy is joining the team???? and watched a little of the season 2 preview and I cant wait!!!!!! we still have a few eps of season 1 though! This show is intense!!
Spoiler:
Well yeah considering he got his shapeshifting powers from his blood transfusion with Megan. *lol* Blue Beetle is also joining.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #75
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

EDIT:
Spoiler:

No, seriously, this is a potential spoiler:
Spoiler:
Regarding my suspicions whether Miss Martian was supposed to be of the same race of Martian as Martian Manhunter, I did a little Wiki-ing and found out her comic counterpart is actually a "White Martian" who began masquerading as a "Green Martian" before being briefly ostracized from the Teen Titans. She returns after embracing her White Martian identity... but still keeps a humanoid appearance rather than her beastly form.

So, looks like the show might be adapting that storyline.
Quote:

She's a white Martian.

Anyways, next week's episode is a Thanksgiving episode. I'm really pumped for it, since Superboy goes back to the Cadmus lab where he was born. Hopefully we got some answers.

SPOILERZ Puweez!!!
Spoiler:

And make sure you check my "edits" before responding, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Spoiler:
Well yeah considering he got his shapeshifting powers from his blood transfusion with Megan. *lol*
Spoiler:

I feel like such a noob. I never even suspected that the kid was Beast Boy's alter-ego. It makes total sense now. But I wonder if he'll go try to join the "Doom Patrol" first?

Also, I'm starting to think that with Zatanna and Beast Boy dividing up the duties of Miss Martian, she might end up being the character to meet a premature (if temporary) end, especially given her creepy backstory.

Too bad that "Invasion" trailer mostly consists of Season 1 footage.

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-18-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #76
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:

Spoiler:

I feel like such a noob. I never even suspected that the kid was Beast Boy's alter-ego. It makes total sense now. But I wonder if he'll go try to join the "Doom Patrol" first?
Spoiler:
Well he could if Rita Farr/Elasti Girl adopts him? Gar's mom (where was his dad anyways?) would have to unfortunatly die tho. But I think Rita could get custody of Gar. She could be like his god-mother or something since both Gar's mom and Rita were in Hello Megan. They could have become BFF's on the set. There's just SOO many possibilities for Beast Boy in YJ. In the comics he's also an actor. A Star Trek actor...he was in the DCU's equivilent to DS9. *lol*
Old 03-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #77
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Spoiler:
Well he could if Rita Farr/Elasti Girl adopts him? Gar's mom (where was his dad anyways?) would have to unfortunatly die tho. But I think Rita could get custody of Gar. She could be like his god-mother or something since both Gar's mom and Rita were in Hello Megan. They could have become BFF's on the set. There's just SOO many possibilities for Beast Boy in YJ. In the comics he's also an actor. A Star Trek actor...he was in the DCU's equivilent to DS9. *lol*
It's clear to me that I dismissed so many important little references the first time I watched this episode.

Spoiler:
I'd hate to have to deal with Garfield's over-protective mom constantly scolding him and the Titans... er Young Justice team for putting her little boy in dangerous missions. There's an old adage that superheros shouldn't have their moms around too often.

View my sketch work!
Old 03-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #78
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Did anyone see this morning episode???? I over slept......
Old 03-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #79
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, it was awesome. The League had a debate over which heroes should join and which current members should stay, we'll find out the results next week. Wonder Woman finally spoke and there was a funny joke at Guy Gardner's expense.

Superboy went back to Cadmus, which is awesome because the first 2 episodes are still probably my favorite of the series. Got some neat Lex Luthor stuff too...
Old 03-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #80
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Yeah, it was awesome. The League had a debate over which heroes should join and which current members should stay, we'll find out the results next week. Wonder Woman finally spoke and there was a funny joke at Guy Gardner's expense.

Superboy went back to Cadmus, which is awesome because the first 2 episodes are still probably my favorite of the series. Got some neat Lex Luthor stuff too...
You might want to put spoiler tags on this, not too ruin the story for others, but yeah I jst watched this ep and it was ok.... I watched on Youtube on a crappy version.... storyline though is pretty epic though

Tags
young cucktice