The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 05:33 PM   #61
sdp
-

I don't understand why anyone is shocked by all these celebrities being creeps and people turning on them because of these news. Do people actually believe all these celebrities are good people?

I'm guessing most of them are the biggest jerks you could ever meet, yes all your heroes and people you look up to.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #62
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It takes a certain kind of person to be successful at pretending to be something they're not.
Whether that person is an actor, comedian, or a politician.

There's a lot going on here, in terms of both changing cultural mores as well as a generational changing of the guard.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #63
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Isn't this the guy with a reputation for telling all those pro-feminist jokes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #64
Coola Yagami
Overlord

If by sexual assault they mean take him to see strippers and pay for a Bree Olsen lap dance for the boy, yeah I'd believe that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-09-2017, 09:09 PM   #65
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Corey Haim's mother calls BS on those allegations against Charlie Sheen, she said it was somebody else.
http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/09/corey-...exual-assault/
Old 11-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #66
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

No comment at all from Singer on this, is there?
Old 11-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Brett Ratner accused of sexual harassment by Ellen Page

"Deuces."

https://theplaylist.net/ellen-page-b...ault-20171110/
Old 11-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ellen Page said Brett Ratner wanted to have sex with her to prove she wasn't gay

https://www.facebook.com/EllenPage/p...55212835577449

Quote:
You should **** her to make her realize she’s gay.” He said this about me during a cast and crew “meet and greet” before we began filming, X Men: The Last Stand. I was eighteen years old. He looked at a woman standing next to me, ten years my senior, pointed to me and said: “You should **** her to make her realize she’s gay.” He was the film’s director, Brett Ratner.

I was a young adult who had not yet come out to myself. I knew I was gay, but did not know, so to speak. I felt violated when this happened. I looked down at my feet, didn’t say a word and watched as no one else did either. This man, who had cast me in the film, started our months of filming at a work event with this horrific, unchallenged plea. He “outed” me with no regard for my well-being, an act we all recognize as homophobic. I proceeded to watch him on set say degrading things to women. I remember a woman walking by the monitor as he made a comment about her “flappy pussy”.
I got into an altercation with Brett at a certain point. He was pressuring me, in front of many people, to don a t-shirt with “Team Ratner” on it. I said no and he insisted. I responded, “I am not on your team.” Later in the day, producers of the film came to my trailer to say that I “couldn’t talk like that to him.” I was being reprimanded, yet he was not being punished nor fired for the blatantly homophobic and abusive behavior we all witnessed. I was an actor that no one knew. I was eighteen and had no tools to know how to handle the situation.

When I was sixteen a director took me to dinner (a professional obligation and a very common one). He fondled my leg under the table and said, “You have to make the move, I can’t.” I did not make the move and I was fortunate to get away from that situation. It was a painful realization: my safety was not guaranteed at work. An adult authority figure for whom I worked intended to exploit me, physically. I was sexually assaulted by a grip months later. I was asked by a director to sleep with a man in his late twenties and to tell them about it. I did not. This is just what happened during my sixteenth year, a teenager in the entertainment industry.

Look at the history of what’s happened to minors who’ve described sexual abuse in Hollywood. Some of them are no longer with us, lost to substance abuse and suicide. Their victimizers? Still working. Protected even as I write this. You know who they are; they’ve been discussed behind closed doors as often as Weinstein was. If I, a person with significant privilege, remain reluctant and at such risk simply by saying a person’s name, what are the options for those who do not have what I have?

LOCK HIM UP. Glad to see Ellen Page speak out against Brett Ratner.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #69
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Comedian Louie CK Admits Sexual Misconduct Allegations Are "All True"

Quote:
I want to address the stories told to The New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was O.K. because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly. I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position. I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it. There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with. I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what you’ve done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people who I work with and have worked with who’s professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One Mississippi, and I Love You, Daddy. I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. I’ve brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance on my movie. and every other entity that has bet on me through the years. I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen. Thank you for reading.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/a...statement.html
Old 11-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord

Lock him up
Old 11-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #71
plastroncafe

Here's to hoping he actually apologized to the women in question.

Voicing regret to the public isn't the same thing as actually saying sorry.

Editing to add:
I quite like this
We Edit Louis C.K.'s Statement On Sexual Misconduct To Make It A Real Apology
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 11-10-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:33 PM   #72
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

From ABC News

Quote:
"I was a young adult who had not yet come out to myself. I knew I was gay, but did not know, so to speak. I felt violated when this happened. I looked down at my feet, didn’t say a word and watched as no one else did either. This man, who had cast me in the film, started our months of filming at a work event with this horrific, unchallenged plea. He 'outed' me with no regard for my well-being, an act we all recognize as homophobic," Page wrote. "This public, aggressive outing left me with long standing feelings of shame, one of the most destructive results of homophobia. Making someone feel ashamed of who they are is a cruel manipulation, designed to oppress and repress. I was robbed of more than autonomy over my ability to define myself. Ratner’s comment replayed in my mind many times over the years as I encountered homophobia and coped with feelings of reluctance and uncertainty about the industry and my future in it."

Page also claims that during filming, she was reprimanded for refusing to wear a T-shirt that said "Team Ratner," thought he director "was not being punished nor fired for the blatantly homophobic and abusive behavior we all witnessed."
Good lord, I'm surprised she didn't just walk off the set after an experience like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
From ABC News

Good lord, I'm surprised she didn't just walk off the set after an experience like that.
What, and miss out on being a part of the explosive finale of the Singer-borne, iconic X-Men trilogy?
Old 11-10-2017, 03:59 PM   #74
plastroncafe

Not to mention opening herself up to being sued for beach if contact.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #75
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
beach if contact.
"Breach of contract" you mean?
Old 11-10-2017, 06:44 PM   #76
plastroncafe

Ha! I do.
That post brought to you by autocorrect.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #77
Prowler
Emperor

Damn. Who is next? I hope it's not someone like Sylvester Stallone, Bill Murray, Tom Hanks or Hugh Laurie.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:27 PM   #78
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

'The Flash' Showrunner Andrew Kreisberg Suspended After Sexual Harassment Allegations

Showrunner of The Flash and former Green Arrow comic book writer Andrew Kreisberg has been suspended by Warner Bros. Television Group amid allegations of sexual harassment.

Kreisberg also produces other DC-based series on The CW, including Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl.

"We have recently been made aware of allegations of misconduct against Andrew Kreisberg," said a statement from WB TV. "We have suspended Mr. Kreisberg and are conducting an internal investigation. We take all allegations of misconduct extremely seriously, and are committed to creating a safe working environment for our employees and everyone involved in our productions."

The report from Variety states alleges Kreisberg has had a pattern of abusive behavior over several years, including inappropriate physical contact with and the sexual harassment of 15 women and four men.

Kreisberg denies these allegations, and the accusers, who are current or former employees of The CW's shows, wish to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation.

“We were recently made aware of some deeply troubling allegations regarding one of our showrunners,” said a statement from Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter. The two oversee Berlanti Productions, which produces The CW shows. “We have been encouraging and fully cooperating with the investigation into this by Warner Bros. There is nothing more important to us than the safety and well-being of our cast, crew, writers, producers and any staff. We do not tolerate harassment and are committed to doing everything we can to make an environment that’s safe to work in and safe to speak up about if it isn’t.”

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/11/t...al-harassment/
Old 11-10-2017, 09:35 PM   #79
Sumac
Banned

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised by anything at all.

And while I am the one to start crying how "everything is bad - everyone are bastards" the amount of dirt that went to surface is certainly astounding.

It shows that as soon as man has at least some amount of power over others he immediately will use it for some kind of stupid ****. Guess, we are very far away from anything resembling decent and equal society.

Or at the very least, people need to see psychologists more often.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:52 PM   #80
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Ratner has always been a disgusting piece of crap. His behaviour has been talked about openly for years. It's just sad it's taken this long for any of it to stick, and that so many victims were made to fear speaking out for so long.

Let all these abusers go down in flames.