The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #621
sdp
Megan Fox = April

So the Joker pictures I saw last week where not for this movie? I'm pretty damn confused with all the projects going on. The new Joker looks great but he's obviously heavily inspired by Nolan's Joker, at least DCEU Joker was original, the tattoos were the only deal breaker for me with him. I feel the Joker is a character that is hard to do wrong, he looks creepy no matter what. I don't like the blue on the Joker though.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:41 AM   #622
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So the Joker pictures I saw last week where not for this movie? I'm pretty damn confused with all the projects going on. The new Joker looks great but he's obviously heavily inspired by Nolan's Joker, at least DCEU Joker was original, the tattoos were the only deal breaker for me with him. I feel the Joker is a character that is hard to do wrong, he looks creepy no matter what. I don't like the blue on the Joker though.
I've seen some online comparisons that make a pretty compelling case that John Wayne Gacy was a visual inspiration. Looks pretty irrefutable to me.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:42 AM   #623
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The recent Joker pics are from the stand-alone Joker origin movie. The movie referred to in this thread title is long gone. First Ben Affleck announced he wouldn't be directing it, and now all speculation points to him being completely done playing the Batman character all together.

I agree that the blue looks pretty cool. This Joker movie is probably my most anticipated. Followed closely by "Avengers 4" and Spider-Man: Far From Home.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:44 AM   #624
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
and now all speculation points to him being completely done playing the Batman character all together.
Based on what, exactly?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #625
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Based on what, exactly?
The truths, the lies, the news, the fake news, and the endless buzzfeed headline generator that just refuses to stop turning this meme into click revenue.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:13 AM   #626
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

There hasn't been even one article with actual citations with ANYTHING about:

#1: Ben Affleck "leaving" the role/movie

#2: Matt Reeves "firing" Ben, or talking to "new actors" for the part

#3: Matt Reeves "looking to do a younger Batman."

Not one article with citations, not one direct quote. Nothing.

That said, the only thing I see throwing a monkey wrench into things is Affleck's recent bad behavior.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-26-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:43 PM   #627
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Based on what, exactly?
Speculation (not confirmation) based on context.

- Ben's general attitude towards the Justice League film. He strongly hinted at preferring Snyder's vision of the film as opposed to the cluster**** it became. Didn't at all seemed like he was having a good time with the results.

- The fact that he only has one film left in his contract, while the new director is just getting started on the franchise. (A franchise WB is certainly hoping to continue out past the first film)

- Rumors/reports that Matt Reeve's Batman film will take place in the early days of his career

- Rumors/reports that Matt Reeves was meeting with Jake Gyllenhall about playing Bruce Wayne

- Ben's general state of health

- Ben initially dropping directorial duties with a flimsy excuse/ Reports of WB never approving of Ben's Batman script pointing towards a sour relationship between him and WB

- The idea that WB likely wants to separate itself from the abomination that was Justice League and the sour taste it left in fan's mouths, as much as possible at this point

- Ben's comments on press tours for Justice League - "You don’t do it forever, so I want to find a graceful and cool way to segue out of it” - referring to the Batman role)

Now that last one points towards Ben being open to doing one more film, so there's potential for WB to try and squeeze an "outro" for Ben's version of Batman into another DC film, but why would we expect them to get that done, with how many other projects they are trying to reign in and get organized at the moment?

Quote:
There hasn't been even one article with actual citations with ANYTHING about:

#1: Ben Affleck "leaving" the role/movie

#2: Matt Reeves "firing" Ben, or talking to "new actors" for the part

#3: Matt Reeves "looking to do a younger Batman."

Not one article with citations, not one direct quote. Nothing.

That said, the only thing I see throwing a monkey wrench into things is Affleck's recent bad behavior.
That said, you have to understand that a lot of truth comes from "reports/rumors" these days, that hail from outlets like Variety and Hollywood Reporter. So, while there may not be citations, there is certainly a proven track record. It was reports like these that let us know the Joker movie was in production, and later on, that Joaquin Phoenix would be starring in it, way before any citations or official reports were shown.

It generally doesn't look like Ben Affleck has any real future as Batman, to anyone who's paying close attention. Still possible we see him again, but I'd 100% bet on DC wanting to move on.

Last edited by AquaParade; 09-26-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:44 PM   #628
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
- Rumors/reports that Matt Reeve's Batman film will take place in the early days of his career
No reports. Only fan-made rumors with ZERO citations.

Quote:
- Ben initially dropping directorial duties with a flimsy excuse/ Reports of WB never approving of Ben's Batman script pointing towards a sour relationship between him and WB
Keep in mind, it is Ben Affleck AND Geoff Johns' script that you are referring to. With Geoff serving as DC President and CCO at the time he co-wrote it with Ben. There is nothing to suggest -- no "reports" -- that WB didn't approve of that script. The facts are Ben was facing an imminent deadline with which to shoot "The Batman" and didn't want to screw everything up by doing double duty. Part of me wants to believe that it was also Ben not liking where Geoff steered the screenplay but it isn't based on anything real.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:55 PM   #629
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
No reports. Only fan-made rumors with ZERO citations.

Keep in mind, it is Ben Affleck AND Geoff Johns' script that you are referring to. With Geoff serving as DC President and CCO at the time he co-wrote it with Ben. There is nothing to suggest -- no "reports" -- that WB didn't approve of that script. The facts are Ben was facing an imminent deadline with which to shoot "The Batman" and didn't want to screw everything up by doing double duty. Part of me wants to believe that it was also Ben not liking where Geoff steered the screenplay but it isn't based on anything real.
I edited my post, so you may not have seen, but I'll clarify that a lot of these reports have indeed become true. There is a proven track record with outlets like Variety and Hollywood Reporter.
I'll definitely concede that a lot of false rumors regarding these DC films have been thrown around over the last five or so years, but if you know who to trust, you'll see a lot of rumors come to fruition, such as the Joker film.

The script is a messy issue, but if the relationship was working, it would stand to reason that WB would have given him time to perfect his script - it's not like the Matt Reeve's Batman film is out anytime soon.

All that aside, anything can happen. I, for one, would love to see the new head of the DC films kiss and makeup with Ben so he can come back aboard and finally direct and star in a Batman film. I'd still take that over whatever Reeve's is cooking up.

Last edited by AquaParade; 09-26-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:58 AM   #631
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Ben meeting with WB executives today

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/bat...tting-rumours/
"The evidence suggesting he's out." Like what? There is NO evidence.

The meeting probably is going like this:

WB: "So Ben, Matt still says you're his guy."

Ben: "I am, yes."

WB: "So... you promise you're not going to do anything stupid again, right?"

Ben: "Sweartogod."

WB: "No more public weekend benders and Jennifer Garner driving you to get Jack in the Box on the way to rehab again, yes?"

Ben: "Done!"

WB: "OK. Well we'll sign off on this, but sign this thing that says if you have any more embarrassing stories, we boot you out of this contract we're looking at at no responsibility of our own."

Ben: "I'll sign it!"
Old 09-27-2018, 10:11 AM   #632
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Watched Peppermint a few weeks back. Utterly predictable and trope, but still fun. Still baffled as to how Affleck could cheat on Jennifer Garner.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:22 AM   #633
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Watched Peppermint a few weeks back. Utterly predictable and trope, but still fun. Still baffled as to how Affleck could cheat on Jennifer Garner.
I chalk it up to human nature. It's essentially possible to take even the best things for granted, in my experience. Or maybe her feet just really stink.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:29 AM   #634
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I think I'll like the movie given the people involved in front of and behind the camera. Couldn't convince the wife to go to the theater and see this one, though.

And yeah... what was he thinking? "Alias" is still on my "to see" list.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:35 PM   #635
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Back in "peak Batman shape."

https://heroichollywood.com/ben-affl...-batman-shape/
Old 10-04-2018, 09:39 AM   #636
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Apparently motivated to stay in the role after seeing what Phoenix has been doing in Joker

https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/10/02...-out-new-body/
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:59 AM   #637
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Apparently motivated to stay in the role after seeing what Phoenix has been doing in Joker

https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/10/02...-out-new-body/
Smells like FAKE news. He's looking forward to working with Joachim Phoenix? What? You mean when they do a prequel almost 40 years ago to the 1980s where Ben wouldn't be Batman? Because that's when Joachim's Joker movie is set.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #638
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Smells like FAKE news. He's looking forward to working with Joachim Phoenix? What? You mean when they do a prequel almost 40 years ago to the 1980s where Ben wouldn't be Batman? Because that's when Joachim's Joker movie is set.
Ah, but this is the Warner Brothers DCEU extraordinaire! Things don't HAVE to make sense, as long as the executives get their BONUSES!
Old 12-08-2018, 02:17 AM   #639
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
So DCEU is still in tact and not rebooting? Good cause I love the cast as is.
Amy Adams: "I think I'm out of the DC Universe...I think they're revamping that"

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...e_dc_universe/
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #640
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

A source says that the script rewrite is due by the end of this year. So, production might begin in 2019.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...oming-together
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader