The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Jurassic World 2 to be directed by J.A. Bayona

J.A. Bayona to direct Jurassic World 2, he previously directed The Orphanage, and The Impossible.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi...rector-a139674
Old 04-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
The Deadman
Foot Elite

So so hyped for this.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #3
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Too bad they couldn't get Trevorrow back for this.......simply to keep him away from Episode IX.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:39 PM   #4
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Too bad they couldn't get Trevorrow back for this.......simply to keep him away from Episode IX.
Must be a way to upvote this.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The good news is that like JP4 aped JP1 and SW7 aped SW4, like SW8 will likely be a different beast entirely, JP5 will more than likely too.

But I'm not sure some kind of Rogue Nation-style, different countries creating dinosaurs for military purposes and Chris Pratt and friends going around the world trying to stop them is really anything people will be interested in (because... what else can they do, at this point? no one is going to ever open another park, ever). Time will tell.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #6
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Haha, best post of the week. Don't care if it's only Monday.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:51 PM   #7
sdp
-

Jurassic Park is my favorite movie so I'm pretty damn excited. Unlike many I enjoyed JW a lot and was satisfied. Most of my worries like the trained Raptors or hybrids ended up working for me, I can definitely nitpick the movie but the only thing I didn't like was the final fight which seemed very superhero movie inspired and shouldn't have been that long. I also didn't like the subplot of using dinosaurs as weapons for the army but was glad when it seemed to finish when Hoshkins is killed, however...
Trevorrow has hinted many times before and after JW about the military wanting dinosaurs. Most of the fandom is against the nicknamed Jurassic War and that's a movie I would not want to see. I'm holding hope since JW had such a surprise box office that they'll be extra careful about what they do, I mean this movie did SW VIII numbers. So here's hoping they come to their senses or that it is done in a way that I can get behind like with the trained raptors and hybrid.

As far as other hints some fans had speculated that it could be about an "ice age" park since the viral website implied this was being worked on. That would be cool but I think it was just a reference to the Jurassic Park Builder mobile game which has an ice age park, that same website also had references to JP:The Game which came out in 2012 or so. I mean it's something new and I'd be up for it but of course there's the problem ice age creatures not being dinosaurs.

There's also the rumors that they're filming in London. While I'd prefer the films to stay in one of the two islands I'd be ok with this as well since if done right it could work and it'd be a nice reference to the classic novel The Lost World. Sure TLW:JP already tired the T-Rex in the city and to me that was terrible but the original book already had a nice scene of dinosaurs in the mainland as did two comic series so if written well it can definitely work. It has to be kept in a small area though for it to work better and if not written well then it'll be a mess.

Finally its worth noting that there's an official "Hybrids" list by Univeral. At first everyone thought the hybrids you could create in the JW mobile game were original from the developer and the Stegoceratops an original from Hasbro toys that the game later copied but we saw that this wasn't the case. A kids book about hybrids came out which basically had all the hybrids from the JW game and pretty much at the same time a JW Hybrids toyline started coming out with the same hybrids from the book/game. I would love a movie based on hybrids since they're pretty cool but I doubt JW2 will be about this since they wouldn't blow their plot 2 years before the movie comes out with tons of merchandise about it but I'd totally be down for that, this was the idea of a previous toyline JP:Chaos Effect back in 1998 with the same premise.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I don't know... he seems like a capable director. It's not his fault he had a sh*tty script for JW. And "Safety Not Guaranteed" was awesome in what he was able to achieve with a pretty low budget.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:53 AM   #9
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

How long until they make Jurassic Park vs Predator?
Old 04-19-2016, 06:05 AM   #10
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't know... he seems like a capable director. It's not his fault he had a sh*tty script for JW. And "Safety Not Guaranteed" was awesome in what he was able to achieve with a pretty low budget.
He had a big hand in the JW script. He wouldn't come on board as director until he got approval to change things in the script.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:21 AM   #11
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Jurassic World 2 to begin production February 2017; Returning to Hawaii

Old 07-21-2016, 09:22 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Will this movie finally solve the epic cliffhanger from the previous film about if the kids parents settled through with the divorce? How are the kids going to handle the divorce? I want to know about the two teenage brothers!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:26 PM   #13
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Will this movie finally solve the epic cliffhanger from the previous film about if the kids parents settled through with the divorce? How are the kids going to handle the divorce? I want to know about the two teenage brothers!
They more than likely wont be in it

Old 07-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Really? I'd be surprised if they weren't.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:39 PM   #15
The Deadman
Foot Elite

If they're in it it'll be in the beginning like a cameo since they're filming in Hawaii then the majority is being filmed in England for some strange reason.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:53 PM   #16
Allio
Foot Elite

can't tell if cubed is being sarcastic again.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:22 PM   #17
Wildcat
Foot Elite

So they're gonna introduce other parks around the world? That sounds pretty cool. I enjoyed JW but it does need a change of environment. It's been literally 4 jungle themed movies.

I'd still like to see dinosaurs running around in civilization. I know it wasn't very interesting in Lost World but it was so short. It'd be more exciting if they had more than one dino loose in the city.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:29 AM   #18
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
This. Must feel good to direct a small film then get F*CKING JURASSIC PARK and then F*CKING STAR WARS. How many dicks do you reckon he sucked for this?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:10 AM   #19
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Jurassic World 2 Will Have Budget Of $260 Million

Old 09-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #20
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

What in the name of heaven will they be spending 260 million bucks on??
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spanish horror, spanish whore