The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-25-2018, 08:24 PM   #301
CyberCubed
Overlord

I would prefer IDW Leatherhead to stay as a villain or uneasy ally, IDW's Slash is way too similar to other incarnations of Leatherhead. We don't need two characters doing the same thing, assuming Slash ever gets back to his old self when they eventually free him of Bishop's control.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:37 PM   #302
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The similarities between Slash and Leatherhead are so close, yet their methods of handling those similarities are so different, that it only means one thing to me:

Old 05-25-2018, 08:48 PM   #303
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The similarities between Slash and Leatherhead are so close, yet their methods of handling those similarities are so different, that it only means one thing to me:

http://pa1.narvii.com/6046/1465bfd30...a23197c_00.gif
Leatherhead wins that one, I'd say.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #304
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Idk, Slash needs a win. And I very much doubt he'd have the willpower to take out Bishop like LH did with Krang.

He's probably more likely to beat Leatherhead than Ch'rell in any case. Even in OP armor with too many arms.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:29 AM   #305
neatoman
Emperor

How well would an alligator do against an alligator snapping turtle in real life?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #306
ChosenOne
Banned

Common sense says the snapping turtle takes that one. But here we have two mutants, one of whom takes a while to get going, to take full advantage of his considerable power (when he's himself and not being controlled by a psycho, that is), and the other who is a literal vicious beast and employs all of his cunning to go for the throat right away. Again, sometimes literally. The tail is a huge advantage in close quarters too. My money's on Leatherhead every single time.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:29 AM   #307
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Here's the thing...alligators may get big, but so do alligator snapping turtles. They get HUGE. Which I'm pretty sure is what Slash is supposed to be.

This is what happened at the Ft Worth Zoo when the two animals shared an environment.

Spoiler:

At least with the actual animals, it isn't worth messing with each other, so they just hang out. But Slash and Leatherhead are fully sapient, so when they eventually fight, things are going down, walls are crashing, no one in their right mind should dare attempt to get in their way.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:35 AM   #308
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Leatherhead is an alligator in the 1987 cartoon, but a crocodile in the 2003 cartoon. Is it confirmed what he is in any other iteration?
Old 05-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #309
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Pretty sure he's only ever a crocodile in the 2003, but an alligator all other times.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:17 PM   #310
PaulAllor
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Second, assassinating his preferred leader's sister would be a terrible idea unless he hoped he'd have a reaction for that. As I brought up to Bobby Curnow (who explained that Paul Allor didn't realize that Ma'riell and Ch'rell were siblings)
Well, Bobby said he wasn't sure if I was aware of their sibling relationship, not that I wasn't, haha. And it's actually mentioned early on in the issue, when Ma'riell calls him "My dear brother, Ch'rell."

But yeah, if Kleve's plan had gone as, well, planned, Ch'rell would've never found out he was behind the assassination -- so that relationship didn't really factor into it one way or the other.

This has been today's edition of "Paul responds to two-month-old posts."
PaulAllor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:41 PM   #311
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That helps . Though, I still think it would make sense for the relationship to be a factor.

(Boy, Kleve better hope Ch'rell wouldn't find out or things would turn ugly for him.)
Old 07-20-2018, 01:01 AM   #312
PaulAllor
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
That helps . Though, I still think it would make sense for the relationship to be a factor.
Yeah, I don't disagree. And if it had been a three- or four-issue arc, it likely would have, ha.
PaulAllor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:14 AM   #313
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

All things considered, Don didn't know Kleve planned to free Ch'rell and even then would have been in such a rush to stop the assassination that he didn't factor in that extra detail. So it still works in the time it has...which Don had none of.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:26 PM   #314
Ninjinister
無問題

I had a dream last night that IDW announced TMNT/Bill and Ted at SDCC....
Old 07-25-2018, 05:23 PM   #315
funatic
Mad Scientist

Dunno if anyone else here was at the SDCC panel but with all this recent talk of Leatherhead on here wanted to share that Tom hinted heavily that he’d have a major role to play in the issues to come, and they’ve been building up to something with him that no one has caught so far.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:37 PM   #316
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Dunno if anyone else here was at the SDCC panel but with all this recent talk of Leatherhead on here wanted to share that Tom hinted heavily that he’d have a major role to play in the issues to come, and they’ve been building up to something with him that no one has caught so far.
"a desparate moment for a key character" I assumed the solicit meant Slash who will have some role in the attack on Burnow Island. However, Leatherhead may be it. Siding with the other mutants playing a role in freeing Slash, who is distressed by his being a danger to others due to his murder against his will? Hmmm....Eveey arc builds. Every arc is important. I l really appreciate. Does it better and makes it all relevant than DC or Marvel could ever hope to do with any of its character sets.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:27 PM   #317
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, I'm going to agree that it's going to be Slash having the "desperate moment".

85 is the first big launching point for the turtles realizing what Leatherhead's next step, which would be the mutant hunting. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Slash was his first mercy kill that doubles as an assisted suicide. (or Seymour, but that would be less story-relevant)
Old 07-25-2018, 06:29 PM   #318
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I'm going to agree that it's going to be Slash having the "desperate moment".

85 is the first big launching point for the turtles realizing what Leatherhead's next step, which would be the mutant hunting. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Slash was his first mercy kill that doubles as an assisted suicide. (or Seymour, but that would be less story-relevant)
Actually, Seymour could be his first victim and that's how the Turtles figure out that he's back in NYC.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #319
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

If that was the route that was going to go down, I don't think they would have spent all that time working to get a new body assembled for Seymour.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #320
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
If that was the route that was going to go down, I don't think they would have spent all that time working to get a new body assembled for Seymour.
He wouldn't have lasted long enough for Leatherhead to kill him if they didn't. His death should be devastating either way.

And notice he's not portrayed on the cover of #87...

Tags
idw's tmnt