The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #241
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Finished Kaze no stigma. It's short but I liked it, It was able to accomplish a lot. I recommend it. I just wish there was a second season.
EDIT: I started watching Code: Breaker this morning. Almost done already, I like the characters, they're cool.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"

Last edited by Splinter the boss; 09-21-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:15 AM   #242
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Truly the greatest film of our generation.

Quote:
Oh, the last episode of The Tsurezure Children also came out.
It was great, but in a bittersweet way. I'm glad things worked out for the couples, but it stinks that the series is already over.
Hopefully we'll get another season.
I hope so, because they're barely halfway through the manga material. Hell, even that is only because they dropped half the pairings in the manga so they could get through enough of the ones they used to be worthwhile. But sadly, I'm also a little resigned to the idea that we might not, either. Anime doesn't work in the season model we use here, unfortunately, and a lot of them don't get more than two series/seasons. Short gag anime seem to get even less.

If it's really popular, there might be a chance, though, but I don't know how popular Tsurezure Children might be, because I don't keep close tabs on that stuff.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:33 PM   #243
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Just started watching Restaurant to Another World.

It's ****ing weird and I love it.

Apparently it's based on a series of "light novels" and it's about a restaurant in Tokyo with a magic door that opens up to a realm of elves, demons, dragons and other things once a week, and the guests that come through into the restaurant and flip their **** over the Japanese guy's cooking. Also a demon girl works for him because she was homeless and he's a nice dude. Weird show but enjoyable.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:17 PM   #244
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

It’s been confirmed recently that the final volume of Oregairu will be 14 and will be released along with 13.
I thought it would be years until 12 would be released, so I never imagined the series would be ending so soon. I’m glad we’re actually getting a proper ending, but I’m aslo really sad that this incredible journey’s almost over.
I just hope we get happy ending that resolves everything and that each character ends up happy with their life. And hopefully Hikki ends up with Yukino.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #245
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I finished code: breaker. It was awesome.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #246
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I just finished the first season of the anime In Another World With My Smartphone, based on a light novel and manga series of the same name. It's about a teenage boy who's accidentally killed and so as consolation God grants him a wish and reincarnates him, but he has to go to a world other than his original one as that's the rule of reincarnation. The boy wishes to be able to keep his smartphone with him and God also grants him really powerful strength, reflexes, and magical skills, as he ends up on a world where magic exists. I think I'll check out some of the light novels or manga volumes; the characters are pretty likeable and their designs are good, and some parts of the plot are so bonkers I can't help but roll my eyes, but in a good way.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #247
Allio
Foot Elite

I haven't see any Studio Ghibli Films so I'm gonna be marathoning them. first being Nausica

Of course I have seen many of these films when I was younger, but these will be my first time serious watch.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:17 AM   #248
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Watching Akatsuki no Yona.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:14 AM   #249
Allio
Foot Elite

Watching Casshern Sins
Old 12-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #250
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Finished Akatsuki no Yona. There should have been be a third season with so much potential. It feels incomplete, but I recommend it.

EDIT
currently watching Parasyte: The maxim
I never thought it was this good and ignored it until now.

Last edited by Splinter the boss; 12-31-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:13 PM   #251
Allio
Foot Elite

so I found out that Tokyopop is still alive and they are publishing...Disney Manga?
Old 01-10-2018, 02:22 PM   #252
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Has anyone watched Devilman crybaby? Holy ****!!!

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:26 PM   #253
Allio
Foot Elite

most definitely. It's fun.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #254
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
Has anyone watched Devilman crybaby? Holy ****!!!
On the first episode. The drawing animation looks lazy and terrible. Eh, maybe it'll be better later on.

I watched the OVA on YouTube and it's way better tbh, hooked on it.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:44 PM   #255
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
On the first episode. The drawing animation looks lazy and terrible. Eh, maybe it'll be better later on..
The animation is directed by Masaaki Yuasa, the man who directed Kaiba, Ping Pong the animation, and the Adventure Time episode "Food Chain", his work is basically love it or hate it. Some enjoy his weird unorthodox animation while other don't care for it. I personally enjoy it but I can understand why you don't like it.

On the topic of Devilman Crybaby I thought it was good if a bit rushed around the end.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #256
Allio
Foot Elite

finally getting around to reading the original yugioh manga.

Man, I miss sadistic Atem.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:32 PM   #257
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I'm currently watching Hunter X Hunter 2011. I like it.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #258
Allio
Foot Elite

been reading Elder-Sister like one. An elder ritch abomination appears before a guy telling him to make a wish, and he wishes her to be his sister.

a little over the top in the ecchi department, but because this is technically an adaptation of a hentai I guess it can't be helped (just like Monster Musume's original hentai version)

I'm really enjoying it as I'm waiting for the tragedy to strike. There can't be any happy endings with this type of story.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #259
Allio
Foot Elite

So I have started collection the yugioh manga (doing 3 in1) and last night I was watching the ending scene of Darkside of Dimensions where Seto went to Egyptian heaven to face against Atem.

In the comments after watching that scene I saw one post referring to Seto creating duel academia after that

But it dawned on me.

Who ever said Seto was able to come back?

Yes we know that Kaiba created duel academia but we forgot that there are two Kaibas, Seto and Mokuba.

We simply assume it is Seto they refer to since people call him Kaiba but if Mokuba took over the company after Seto was lost he too would be referred to as Kaiba.

In Duel Academia there are three ranks, the highest being Obelisk Blue. We assume that is Seto’s doing because of his ego.

But it could be because of mokuba’s love for his brother and the way he saw him as the best and thus made Obelisk being the highest rank.

So with Seto lost and Mokuba having to take control of the company he created the duel academia in his brother’s honor.

I’d have to reread the GX manga but I don’t want to do it just to see if there is a little blurb of text referring to Seto himself or not. Only time I remember Seto being mentioned was when Judai thought of the legendary duelists.

Keep in mind I am referring to the Manga canon, not the anime canon, Darkside was made to be manga canon (though the dub tried to make it anime canon) so Kaiba's appearance in the GX ANIME doesn't count.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:37 PM   #260
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Anyone here checked out Devilman on Netflix? It sounds so dumb but the talk about it have my interest peaked.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote