The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-24-2019, 10:40 AM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

TMNT Shadow Ninjas from Playmates Toys

Old 07-25-2019, 06:59 AM   #2
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

I seen this, but isnt this a RIP off of Bigbadtoys BULKYZ? Or a partnership for license distribution to make in larger scales and lower price point?
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

I’ll get Leo if these aren’t expensive. Any more info on these?
Old 07-25-2019, 10:20 AM   #4
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I hate how these figures are being rehashed so much, BUT I'm happy for those whom wanted the large scale versions and could not afford them.

Just man, we get the original version, then metallic and now these smaller ones released by Playmates. I wish they had different expressions, possibly another Build-A-Figure (like Splinter with the first set) or something to really set them apart. I might cave and get a little Leo if the price is right, but I'm pretty happy with the large Bulkyz.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Ill get these

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:26 AM   #6
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

I'm pretty hyped for these. The Bulkyz versions are really cool, but they're also really pricey and REALLY big (makes sense). These scaled down versions are only $20 a figure and come in a much more manageable size. Only downfall is that they're plastic opposed to vinyl, but not a big deal.

They're already hitting Target shelves, and are supposedly going to be on target.com soon.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:35 PM   #7
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Found a set of them at target today. Not sure if I’m opening them or not my wife thinks the boxes look cool.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:53 PM   #8
Zog
Hench Mutant

I've been on the look out for these the past few weeks and my closet Target doesnt have any. I've checked the next closest store 2 weeks in a row and they only have three on the shelf. I went to a different Target a little farther and once again they had only three, but I asked an associate and he brought out the missing turtle.

There is a good chance other targets might have the whole set but keep one in the back. Could be due to shelf space? Three boxes take up the depth of the shelf and for some reason they may not want to stack them, maybe they'll interfere with the hanging figures.

These are really nice looking and are a decent price at $20. I would recommend for collectors. I was also using that brickseek site to find these and it was pretty accurate when searching by the DCPI number.
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:40 PM   #9
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

I've seen a ton of these on shelves at walmart and target.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:09 PM   #10
mikey0
Foot Elite

Will other characters be released in ‘88 toy colors?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:06 PM   #11
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Will other characters be released in ‘88 toy colors?
Depends on how well they perform I think. I don't see them releasing too many variants based on the price range. For their Street Fighter Bulkyz they did a variant colour for each character. But also released some limited exclusives like glow in the dark/flocked Ken & Ryu. Chromed versions as well.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:38 AM   #12
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Depends on how well they perform I think. I don't see them releasing too many variants based on the price range. For their Street Fighter Bulkyz they did a variant colour for each character. But also released some limited exclusives like glow in the dark/flocked Ken & Ryu. Chromed versions as well.
It looks like only the turtles will be released in non-vintage toy line colors, hence the name “Shadow Ninjas”. I don’t know why more of these companies do not try to bank on the original toy line (the only successful TMNT toy line in history thus far) like Super7 is trying to do.

New G1 Transformers related merchandise have been everywhere between the 2000s and 2010s so far. Same goes for the 1977 Kenner Star Wars line. You cannot avoid the packaging used from 1978 to 1984 at all for some items today like the Hasbro Star Wars Retro Collection. Even Masters of the Universe merchandise has been in stores all of the way up to now and TMNT was more of a top selling toy in 1990 than that 1982 Mattel toy line was in 1983 and ‘84.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:39 AM   #13
Donnie
Something from the Past

I found my two favorite Turtles Michelangelo & Donatello the other day. It was a glorious feeling. They were the only ones left. I was just going to get one, but couldn't decide who to get, so I purchased them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I don’t know why more of these companies do not try to bank on the original toy line (the only successful TMNT toy line in history thus far)
If you are referring solely to the first wave of TMNT figures, then I disagree. The 1992 movie star Turtles are wildly popular and successful. They've always been my favorite line of figures from Playmates.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #14
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
I found my two favorite Turtles Michelangelo & Donatello the other day. It was a glorious feeling. They were the only ones left. I was just going to get one, but couldn't decide who to get, so I purchased them both.

If you are referring solely to the first wave of TMNT figures, then I disagree. The 1992 movie star Turtles are wildly popular and successful. They've always been my favorite line of figures from Playmates.
I was referring to the whole original Playmates toy line.