The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-25-2017, 01:10 AM   #1801
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Is there ever a chance of Professor Obligado being revived for IDW, maybe as one of the newly revived Utroms?
I second that question! Ten thousand times!
He's actually my favorite Utrom overall.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:56 AM   #1802
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandraDC View Post
Brian Vangelder on the TMNT news site
What uh...
what even is this
Old 04-25-2017, 05:37 AM   #1803
AlessandraDC
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
What uh...
what even is this
Fan news site?

teenagemutantninjaturtles . com
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #1804
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Picking up on the flashbacks to the sons of Hamato Yoshi question from earlier, I've been introducing a friend to the comic and took the opportunity to do a re-read as well. Back in #5, when the moment is first recounted, we go from Yoshi and his sons finding themselves surrounded by Foot ninjas to the "Look there, Hamato Yoshi" panel with the four boys kneeling and awaiting their execution.

I found myself wondering, since they already knew martial arts at that point and were definitely aware that Saki meant to kill them, did the Hamato clan put up an (off-panel) fight at all? Seems weird that they would all just embrace their deaths like that. They knew they were most likely goners in that situation, why not go down fighting, try and take a few of the Foot with 'em, you know? Maybe even scrape by somehow... Just kneeling and waiting for the end feels wrong somehow for these skilled warriors. Especially Yoshi himself.

Then again, it also feels wrong to imagine that they fought back against the Foot but Saki still went to the trouble of having them captured alive just to put on a show in front of their father, when he went there to kill them all along.

How do you personally interpret that situation? Is there room for a bit of headcanon there?
Sure, feel free to think whatever you want there! In my mind, Yoshi thought that maybe perhaps there was some way for his sons to escape if he played along. And obviously he calculated that they were overwhelmed and trying to fight back was more dangerous.

Or maybe they fought back and were beaten and Saki wanted to make a show of it to instill discipline in the Foot. Make an example of Yoshi for his other ninjas present.

Who knows!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #1805
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Is there ever a chance of Professor Obligado being revived for IDW, maybe as one of the newly revived Utroms?
It's possible!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:54 AM   #1806
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Sure, feel free to think whatever you want there! In my mind, Yoshi thought that maybe perhaps there was some way for his sons to escape if he played along. And obviously he calculated that they were overwhelmed and trying to fight back was more dangerous.

Or maybe they fought back and were beaten and Saki wanted to make a show of it to instill discipline in the Foot. Make an example of Yoshi for his other ninjas present.

Who knows!
I can imagine all of that and more crossing Yoshi's mind right then. It's such an impossibly anguishing situation, and so brilliant and moving because of it... Breaks my heart just trying to put myself in his shoes as he watched, and I'm not even a father. Plus when you look at the sons' reactions in their very last moments, you don't even need to look at their signature colors to guess who is who.

The death and reincarnation aspect will be IDW's greatest legacy to this franchise. It's sheer genius. Like the character of Old Hob, it boggles the mind in retrospect that no one ever thought it up before. I sure hope we see it (well) adapted to live action or animation some day!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:11 PM   #1807
funatic
Mad Scientist

Hey Bobby, I just wanted to say I'm excited to see your name (along with Sophie's) on the writing credits for tomorrow's TMNT Universe #9! Do you have a favorite contribution you made to the story, and will we see you penning any future issues?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #1808
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Thanks, hope you enjoy it!

The basic character of Toad Baron is my idea, so I guess that? I get a kick out of him. Sophie did a great job of shaping up his dialogue and having him do ridiculous things.

I'm happy with my plot contributions to TMNT. It takes me a long time to script things, and i'd rather spend that time on my own creator-owned projects. So, no plans in the near future. But with this story, I just could not find anyone who was available to take it on, so I said to hell with it and asked Sophie to help me out with writing as I had the basic gist of it laid out. So if a situation like that arises again, maybe. But no plans.

The real star of the show is Pablo Tunica. We leaned hard on him, and I think he delivers! I'm biased though!
Old 04-26-2017, 01:08 PM   #1809
funatic
Mad Scientist

Oh he most definitely delivered! This was one of the most visually compelling issues of ninja turtles to date, even beyond the IDWverse. Lots of others are singing his praises in the thread about this issue. I think it's testimant to a good writer/artist relationship when the artist has room to help tell the story. That two-page splash was a trip! Thanks for plotting the course of this journey down the ribbit-hole! Toad Baron is already my new favorite member of the pantheon!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #1810
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Glad to hear, thanks!
Old 04-26-2017, 03:00 PM   #1811
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Bobby,

excellent job penning Tmnt Universe #9 with Sophie!!
i CAN'T wait to get my hands on issue #19 !!!!!

this story has me more intrigued by the members of the Pantheon.

will we see a return of CHI-YOU from the Tmnt/Ghostbusters cross-over?

Last edited by myconius; 04-26-2017 at 10:27 PM.
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #1812
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Maybe one day. He'll at least be referenced in the upcoming TMNT #71 Pantheon story.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:05 PM   #1813
ChosenOne
Banned

Will we ever see the dwelling places (or should I say spaces?) of other Pantheon members? Does Kitsune have one too?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:23 PM   #1814
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Chi-You is also referenced in TMNTU #13!
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:12 AM   #1815
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Will we ever see the dwelling places (or should I say spaces?) of other Pantheon members? Does Kitsune have one too?
It's possible!
Old 05-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #1816
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

well that's unfortunate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Yeah, I don't have much in the way of good advice that wasn't mentioned. We will include it in a TPB eventually.
I've called every participating shop within a 100 mile radius of me. None can do it apparently. Last ditch effort, nothing the pals at IDW can do for me? Sorry.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:44 PM   #1817
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Nothing I can do, sorry!
Old 05-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #1818
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
I've called every participating shop within a 100 mile radius of me. None can do it apparently. Last ditch effort, nothing the pals at IDW can do for me? Sorry.
All I can say is... eBay. There will be tons of them on there...
Old 05-01-2017, 07:32 PM   #1819
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
it'll more than likely be on comixology free of charge.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #1820
myconius
Abby Normal

Hey Bobby,

i was wondering if you could pass a suggestion along to whoever handles the Digital releases?

IF and when the FCBD ‘Tmnt: Prelude to Dimension X’ comes to Comixoloy, if they could possibly include it in the ‘Extras’ section rather than have it in ‘Issues’ of the ongoing series?

https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-M...9zZXJpZXNMaXN0

i’m sure whoever handles the digital probably has all this already figured out.
i only mention it as a precaution to prevent it from getting lumped in with the ongoing issues. that would make Digital re-reads pretty disjointed.

thank you.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz