The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #1
Powder
So tired of this place

What Was Cut? (Spoilers)

I'm referring to things we have specifically seen trace elements/pictures of, rather than omissions such as Sachs or unanswered questions, per se. We lost a whole lot last time around, entire plots, numerous scenes, characters, & signs point to there being a bit of that this time around as well. There were a fair amount of re-shoots in the last few months before release, I'd imagine those have something to do with at least one or two of these.

-Judith Hoag's cameo scene with April (Set photos show them filming two different scenes together, based on April's clothing it would have been one early on & one just after her news report at the climax of the film.)
-Scenes in which 3/4 turtles were costumed participants of the Halloween parade (as suggested by the toys)
-Use of the purple ooze on Leo (as suggested by the toys)
-Use of the original Turtle Van (Photographed on set.)
-Casey Jones origin (An interview with the writers made mention of him working at his father's paint store with his brother.)
-Casey playing hockey (Set photos show this, could have just been recreation for the staff.)
-April/Karai fight scene may have been longer (Fox excitedly told reporters she had a fight scene with Karai, but it was so brief I have to wonder if some of it wasn't axed.)

Have you noticed anything else?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy

Last edited by Powder; 06-03-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #2
Shark_Blade
Emperor

In the first trailer after Leo said "Gear up, guys!", Donnie can be seen extending his electric bo staff. I don't think I've seen that scene anywhere in the movie.

0:16

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 06-04-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:41 PM   #3
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
In the first trailer after Leo said "Gear up, guys!", Donnie can be seen extending his electric bo staff. I don't think I've seen that scene anywhere in the movie.
Yeah I noticed that too
DioLeo451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:08 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

What was cut? About forty minutes less than they should have, that's what...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:56 AM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What was cut? About forty minutes less than they should have, that's what...
We get it, you don't like the movie, no need to keep hammering it in virtually every thread you find, nobody who enjoyed it cares what you think.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:09 AM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
We get it, you don't like the movie, no need to keep hammering it in virtually every thread you find, nobody who enjoyed it cares what you think.
And I need to vent, let me do that. This movie is such a horrible sensory overload of stupidity and incompetence, easily the worst movie I have seen this year. It boggles my mind that anyone defends it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:41 AM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

There are threads for opinions, & there are threads for analysis. This is the latter. Vent/praise elsewhere.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:06 AM   #8
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
And I need to vent, let me do that. This movie is such a horrible sensory overload of stupidity and incompetence, easily the worst movie I have seen this year. It boggles my mind that anyone defends it.
Ok you vented, find something better to do now other than trying to start ****
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:34 AM   #9
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
April/Karai fight scene may have been longer (Fox excitedly told reporters she had a fight scene with Karai, but it was so brief I have to wonder if some of it wasn't axed.)
How brief was it? Even a twenty-second fight scene can take quite a while to film, which would explain why Fox was so enthusiastic about it.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:09 AM   #10
massakre
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Judith Hoag's cameo scene with April (Set photos show them filming two different scenes together, based on April's clothing it would have been one early on & one just after her news report at the climax of the film.)
was really looking forward to this scene
massakre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:18 AM   #11
Vicky82
Emperor

I remember some moments that got cut out

There was that moment, (I think from the superbowl spot) when April says what is that.

There was another moment from the tv spots, Baxter was outside cheering at the portal opening.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:23 AM   #12
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Wasn't there a behind the scenes photo of April trying to push Raph through a bus door?
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:32 AM   #13
Shark_Blade
Emperor

There's also a scene where April was on a skyscraper next to Vern (I think he wears a gold watch), staring at the sky in awe with her mouth opens. Most probably the arming of the technodrome scene.

The camera shows her head down to her shoulders, her long hair covers her shirt so it appears as though she was naked.

0:15 "what is that?"
Old 06-04-2016, 10:24 AM   #14
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I'm referring to things we have specifically seen trace elements/pictures of, rather than omissions such as Sachs or unanswered questions, per se. We lost a whole lot last time around, entire plots, numerous scenes, characters, & signs point to there being a bit of that this time around as well. There were a fair amount of re-shoots in the last few months before release, I'd imagine those have something to do with at least one or two of these.

-Judith Hoag's cameo scene with April (Set photos show them filming two different scenes together, based on April's clothing it would have been one early on & one just after her news report at the climax of the film.)
-Scenes in which 3/4 turtles were costumed participants of the Halloween parade (as suggested by the toys)
-Use of the purple ooze on Leo (as suggested by the toys)
-Use of the original Turtle Van (Photographed on set.)
-Casey Jones origin (An interview with the writers made mention of him working at his father's paint store with his brother.)
-Casey playing hockey (Set photos show this, could have just been recreation for the staff.)
-April/Karai fight scene may have been longer (Fox excitedly told reporters she had a fight scene with Karai, but it was so brief I have to wonder if some of it wasn't axed.)

Have you noticed anything else?
The parts in the trailers where the turtles are jumping from piece to piece of the technodrom forming wasn't in the movie, Casey asking April to kiss him in the police station didn't happen all though you can see them talking but the music played over their voice, the fight scene kari talked about being excited about in that interview a while back, the convo between April and Casey about choosing between a masked vigilante, and whatever his other choice was supposed to be, laura linney when asking the turtles, what are you, she never follows that up by saying "superheros?". There's a couple more that I know of but their not coming to mind right now....
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:57 PM   #15
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I'm gonna say the scenes mentioned referring to the toyline were probably made simply for the toyline itself (like the costumes). The cameo will probably be a deleted scene when the Bluray comes out. I did miss the scene in the trailer where Shredder says they're gonna build an army or am I an idiot and just wasn't paying attention to that.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #16
Editor's Note Comics
Foot Soldier

When the plane crashes it looks like some of it was cut. Raph is kissing the ground, seemingly far away from everyone else. Then 2 seconds later, he's in the middle of the fight.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #17
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Also when raph see the turtle the turtle doesn't wink at him in the movie like he does in the preview
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #18
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by massakre View Post
was really looking forward to this scene
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
The cameo will probably be a deleted scene when the Bluray comes out.
I don't think so, dude. From examining the set photos, it seems pretty suggestive of an entire plot being dropped; the advancement of April's career. Seems Hoag would have been her guru and/or new boss. So rather than just one brief moment, it'd probably be a good 5-10 minutes of content at the very least. I doubt they'd go to the effort after the fact. I was very excited about that cameo, but in the end, if losing that meant shaving off focus on Fox, I am glad it's gone. There is of course also the possibility that it tied into a story element that they wrote out during re-shoots. The two could have been discussing events that did not unfold in the version we saw. I believe that was the case for Raph's trench-coat disguise scene which got axed last time around, they were dealing with Sachs as Shredder, so it couldn't be worked in.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:35 PM   #19
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Seeing that last time they tried to hide Sacks as Shredder, that could be why the deleted scenes were never included in Blu Ray.

Perhaps Hoag's scenes could see the light of day this time?
Old 06-04-2016, 03:37 PM   #20
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Seeing that last time they tried to hide Sacks as Shredder, that could be why the deleted scenes were never included in Blu Ray.

Perhaps Hoag's scenes could see the light of day this time?
It'll probably be on the Blu-ray, perhaps it's not a scene that adds to the plot.