The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2021, 08:57 PM   #81
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 21,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Well this is just your own opinion and I'm sticking with mine. Let's leave it at that.
That's not what's gonna happen, though.

Instead you're going to continue to constantly and repeatedly respond to people's in-depth and well-thought-out rationale about what they don't like about the run by constantly saying, "Well, *I* like it, therefore it's good."

If you EVER brought anything to new to a conversation besides, "Well, *I* like it, therefore it's good," that'd be a different story. But you don't add anything to the debate or say anything of substance in support of your position. It's just "Well *I* like it, therefore it's good." Over and over again. Literally every time anyone spells out exactly what their grievances are, and what they'd rather see instead, there you are with your non-rebuttal. It's annoying. Everybody KNOWS that you like it, but if you can't even be bothered to actually provide a substantive reasoning as to WHY then there's no need to CONSTANTLY try and tell people they're "wrong" for not liking it. THEY can at least support their opinion on the subject with something heavier than, "Well, it's my opinion."

There's no need to constantly repeat yourself every time anyone has a dissenting opinion on the subject, since you're not capable of supporting your position. You are perfectly entitled to have that opinion, but there's no need to constantly and repeatedly try and "clap back" at people who disagree. Other people who share your opinion are far more capable of actually articulating as to WHY than you are.

"Well this is just your own opinion and I'm sticking with mine. Let's leave it at that." What you're REALLY saying is, "I don't want you to talk because I disagree with you." You are NOT going to "leave it at that" and every single person here KNOWS that. The very next time anyone says what they don't like about the book, you'll be there again, with "Well *I* like it, therefore it's good." You are INCAPABLE of "leaving it at that." What you REALLY want is for people who disagree with you to shut up and go away.

And that's not gonna happen. So spare us all the phony "Let's agree to disagree" spiel. You absolutely do not know how to do that.

If all you can do is constantly repeat the refrain of "Well *I* like it, therefore it's good," perhaps allow other people who can actually articulate their position on the subject (whether Positive or Negative) carry on the conversation. You're not contributing any new information, and it comes off as hyper-defensive and whiny BECAUSE it's just the same thing, over and over and over again with no deviation or supportive statements. It's tiresome. Iit has NOTHING to do with your opinion on the topic - which again, you are allowed to have - and everything to do with the fact that you're not SAYING anything of substance but constantly butt in on other people anyway simply for disagreeing with you.

Once again, for clarity: You DO have every right to your opinion, but it doesn't need to be constantly repeated AND your pleas of "Let's agree to disagree" are disingenuous and fake. And that's why you get on people's nerves. Not because you like the book and they may not. It's because THEY can have an actual conversation, and you apparently can't.

Either get better at supporting your position, OR butt in on other people less often. People are allowed to like the book, but I'd much rather hear from people who can actually say WHY and not just "Well, I like it because I like it" over and over and OVER again. At least add some texture to your "argument" if you're constantly going to chime in, rather than constantly repeat yourself without actually saying anything.

I'm not being a dick, by the way, I'm giving you tips on how you can improve yourself and your presentation. We disagree on much, but that's not my problem with you. My problem with you is that you talk a lot without SAYING anything. So by all means, work on that and get back to us. But if your response to every single person who disagrees with you is, "Well, I disagree"... you don't have to do that. It's redundant and not interesting to read.

MikeandRaph's post, by contrast, is interesting to read NOT because our opinions are similar, but because he's actually presenting his opinions in a textured, detailed and well-spoken fashion. "Opinion --> Supportive Statements --> Declarative Conclusion." That's how it's supposed to be done.

So again, since you are NOT going to "agree to disagree" with people who disagree with you, please at least work on your presentation and get back to us once you have something more than "This is how I feel" to hold up your position. Nobody is saying "Don't post." But get better at it. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Though that's true of any comic book anywhere, ever.
But... even "Heroes Reborn"? Or the work of Chuck Austen? LIES. You are a LIAR, sir.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:11 PM   #82
Dejablue
Stone Warrior
 
Dejablue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the USA
Posts: 633
Patrick voice: Why don't we just take mutant town and push it somewhere else?!

What I like-ish about this arc: The turtles got to be normal people for a little while.

What I don't like: Pretty much everything else.

But I sort of disagree with MikeandRaph87. By the looks of things the outside world has abandoned the people inside Mutant Town. They are provided food but no protection. It would make sense to organize since Hobs's guys are no more than thugs, there seems to be a food shortage (not sure how I can only assume most of the food is going to feed whatever mutants Karai has ordered. Or there is uncontrolled hording) Structuring a bunch of panicked strangers makes sense. But the comic presents it in a very dumb and boring way. Not to mention Karai has already pulled all the teeth out of Hob's mouth with a mere icy glare and a threat, a protest isn't needed, he's seeing the error of his ways. Which steals the thunder of the political message. Hobs never restricted anybody's right to vote. He doesn't even care most likely. Especially not now.

As far as Lita goes, I think the world should have ended for her to make the trip. Perhaps the world has ended but she didn't think it was all that bad as long as her friends were around. The fact that literally everyone besides Michelangelo turns into a criminal or goes missing, lends to the idea that the world has ended. Or close to ending. My guess is the Foot Clan certainly took advantage of the Hamato Clan imploding.

The more I think about it the more it seems like everyone in mutant town who isn't a named character is going to die. And I know a lot of furry haters will cheer but you have to remember these were once human beings. But the options to sort out their fate seems limited. Wasn't there a mutanimals comic where we see some soldiers who can change between mutant and human? I swear I didn't dream that up right? In that case a cure is their best bet and it might already exist. But the story is dragging its knuckles slower than a Neanderthal. Thats why I hate it.

EDIT: Was talking about this with a friend. He brings up this page and makes a good point. https://imgur.com/a/WXKEtmm

Quote:
This is what I mean I highly doubt the turtles would set up a dojo for kids while all this is apparently going on. Wouldn't they be working overtime to reverse it? I guess the thing the writers need is to answer... why is this story arc happening. If it was for Hob to up the ante in his war on humans... it's weird to dial back their interaction with the outside world.
If it's for the sake of the turtles... it's weird they aren't really dealing with the community as a whole.
__________________

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 01-24-2021 at 09:24 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:23 PM   #83
ChosenOne
Foot Elite
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,559
Yes, there is a cure which Null can provide for them. The only question is what she stands to gain in return.

Speaking of the outside world, we have yet to find out why the Fugitoid was so alarmed about LeatherKrang and wouldn't let the kids return to Earth. While at first some of us even theorized it could be because a viral menace of some sort (heh... wouldn't that be ironic right now...), it's been more than six months in-universe and nothing happened on that front. Odd.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:47 PM   #84
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 36,793
I assume Fugitoid was just surprised to learn Krang was still alive (remember Krang killed his entire family), and that was basically it. It's probably not much more than that.

Now what Krang has been up to in all this time is the big mystery, but you can say the same for Ch'rell and the other Utroms. That's the big issue with them being ignored story-wise for so long.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:55 PM   #85
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Yes, there is a cure which Null can provide for them. The only question is what she stands to gain in return.

Speaking of the outside world, we have yet to find out why the Fugitoid was so alarmed about LeatherKrang and wouldn't let the kids return to Earth. While at first some of us even theorized it could be because a viral menace of some sort (heh... wouldn't that be ironic right now...), it's been more than six months in-universe and nothing happened on that front. Odd.
If there is a cure. I bet somebody would monetize it and make money off it.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:00 PM   #86
ChosenOne
Foot Elite
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
If there is a cure. I bet somebody would monetize it and make money off it.
Null's goon squad can at least mutate on and off at will, though we don't know if their mutation works exactly the same way as everyone else's. They also offered to revert Dreadmon's mutation so maybe it is indeed possible. We have yet to see it work on a previously established character, off course.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:22 PM   #87
Dejablue
Stone Warrior
 
Dejablue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the USA
Posts: 633
The plot should have been leading to discussion of Null issues ago. I don't know how the turtles would approach her but at least remember she exists. Probably a worst case scenario but still an option to get rid of mutant town is...she gets all the mutants as fodder for future plans. The mutants can potentially be rescued later but the whole entity of a "town" goes away.

Also Sally knows about the possibility to be reverted back. Really wish she'd say something about it.
__________________

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:48 PM   #88
spookycookies
Stone Warrior
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
The plot should have been leading to discussion of Null issues ago. I don't know how the turtles would approach her but at least remember she exists. Probably a worst case scenario but still an option to get rid of mutant town is...she gets all the mutants as fodder for future plans. The mutants can potentially be rescued later but the whole entity of a "town" goes away.

Also Sally knows about the possibility to be reverted back. Really wish she'd say something about it.
I really think Null just needs to straight up become the major threat of the comic for a few arcs. She's the only major player that was written in and never given a real confrontation with all of the Turtles and her ties to the mutagen would make a lot more sense than to keep relying on Karai and Hob as villains who have been in the spotlight already.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 20,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
But... even "Heroes Reborn"?
I know you're kidding but... apparently? So much so that it's coming back now:

https://www.gamesradar.com/heroes-re...nJtoBzYk1c4O8I
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:16 PM   #90
ChosenOne
Foot Elite
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
I really think Null just needs to straight up become the major threat of the comic for a few arcs. She's the only major player that was written in and never given a real confrontation with all of the Turtles and her ties to the mutagen would make a lot more sense than to keep relying on Karai and Hob as villains who have been in the spotlight already.
I very much agree, in fact, I expect(ed?) her to be the big bad up to #150 or even beyond with everything that was being set up but these first twenty or so issues post #100 are an utter waste in that regard. Let's hope the comic gets back on track in time for its 10 year anniversary.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:01 PM   #91
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 21,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I know you're kidding but... apparently? So much so that it's coming back now:

https://www.gamesradar.com/heroes-re...nJtoBzYk1c4O8I
Huh.

Chuck Austen remains the literal Dirt Worst, however. Nobody's gonna take that away. They better not even try.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:46 AM   #92
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,468
The BooyakaShow Podcast has posted there review of issue 113. You can listen to it here.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0tjtVU1UIRxiDKIck9vnn7
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:35 AM   #93
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior
 
Mutant Ninja Anole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 564
I for one, have no patience for a Koya/Leonardo pairing.

Because we all know there is only one true love for Koya:

__________________
My stupid Tumblr
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:37 AM   #94
ChosenOne
Foot Elite
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
I for one, have no patience for a Koya/Leonardo pairing.

Because we all know there is only one true love for Koya:

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/Uv...400.jpg.cf.jpg
You do know what hawks do to pigeons, right?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:14 AM   #95
Torterra
Thug
 
Torterra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 96
So I just read the new chapter that came out for the IDW turtles and overall I give it a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. I seems like were leaving the mutant-town stuff for now and getting into some adventures hopefully. I mean Lita coming from the future and warning about bad things, Jennika feeling left out the group with all this time traveling stuff as well as finding out she's the one to kill karai, Leonardo and Koya possible becoming a thing (Damn it I now own my friend 30 bucks) and the big one Tokka and Rahzar are in the middle of Mutant Town... so things are about to get interesting.
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:07 AM   #96
vicsavage
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Huh.

Chuck Austen remains the literal Dirt Worst, however. Nobody's gonna take that away. They better not even try.
Did you know Chuck is BACK?

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ch...ld-influences/
vicsavage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:32 PM   #97
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 21,756
Madness. This man must be silenced.

He's terrible. TERRIBLE! He's the Rob Liefeld of scripting. So awful you can smell and taste it.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:22 PM   #98
Dejablue
Stone Warrior
 
Dejablue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the USA
Posts: 633
I'm only vaguely interested in this future timeline stuff. There are other storylines that need to be looked at.

Looking at how other people feel about the arc outside and even inside this forum I'm actually pretty surprised that it seems mostly well received. At least from what I have seen.
__________________

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.