The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

New Kevin Eastman Interview

The TMNT site has posted part 1 of a new Kevin Eastman Interview that they have done, He talks about all things TMNT, the 30th Anniversary and the new movie.
http://tinyurl.com/kedb2mw

Here's the part he talks about the new TMNT movie
Quote:
What is your favorite Bruce Lee movie?

EASTMAN: FISTS OF FURY (1971). I love ENTER THE DRAGON (1973). I love David Carradine’s KUNG-FU (1972-75) television series. I also love animated martial arts. I’m a huge fan of Jet Li’s FIST OF LEGEND (1994). In fact, when I was approached by Jonathan Liebesman for the new NINJA TURTLES (2014) movie we talked about how he wanted to bring that big martial arts energy to it. I suggested that he take a look at FIST OF LEGEND because it doesn’t get any better. It’s a perfect martial arts movie and a tribute to one of my heroes Bruce Lee.
When ever they post part 2, It will have why Kevin thinks Turtles fans are unhappy with the new movie Turtles designs, among other TMNT stuff.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The TMNT site has posted part 1 of a new Kevin Eastman Interview that they have done, He talks about all things TMNT, the 30th Anniversary and the new movie.
http://tinyurl.com/kedb2mw

Here's the part he talks about the new TMNT movie

When ever they post part 2, It will have why Kevin thinks Turtles fans are unhappy with the new movie Turtles designs, among other TMNT stuff.
Haha this is great

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Looks like this interview came out today, too. I was about to post it, but why make another thread?

http://www.nuvo.net/indianapolis/int...nt?oid=2840039

Quote:
NUVO: You're working as a consultant on the new Turtles movie.

Eastman: When I originally started working on the movie with the producers, Scott Mednick and Galen Walker, we started about three years before we started working with Michael Bay and Platinum Dunes. So we developed quite a bit of work, and when Michael Bay brought on [director] Jonathan Liebesman - who actually called me last night for some input - we basically sat down and he [Liebesman] said, 'Look, I want to do the best Turtles movie ever. I want to do fight scenes that no one's ever seen before. I want to keep it true to the roots. I want to do something exciting and fresh and give it my own spin, but I also want it to be something the fans can relate to.'

When they brought me on as consultant, I got to throw in my two cents on the script, I did a number of designs; I even got to do a cameo in the film, getting to do my Stan Lee thing, which was kind of fun. I think these guys' hearts are in the right places, and they want to make the best Turtles movie they can make. I'm, for one, pretty excited. I know that they're in rough cut stage, so I look forward to going out and seeing what they've been doing, maybe over the next couple of weeks. But I've seen a lot of footage, and it's really fun, it's different and it's exciting, and I think some of the action stuff is going to be what hopefully blows the fans away. But at the same time, I want them to be the same Turtles that they've loved their whole life! (Laughs) It's been fun.
He also talks about the 30th anniversary issue and the Nick cartoon.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #4
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

I need to watch Fist of Legend in the next couple of days.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior

Show us with a new trailer please!

Last edited by Radical Raph; 05-28-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Looks like this interview came out today, too. I was about to post it, but why make another thread?

http://www.nuvo.net/indianapolis/int...nt?oid=2840039

He also talks about the 30th anniversary issue and the Nick cartoon.
HAHAHA yeah i just saw your twitter post this is a great interview as well.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
Galactus
Foot Elite

So he didn't really say anything we didn't know or address any of the worries. Just telling how everyone's hearts are in the right places, basicaly the same "it'll be good...honest" that we've gotten throughout.

Nice interview but on the subject of the movie Kevin really didn't offer anything reassuring.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #8
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
So he didn't really say anything we didn't know or address any of the worries. Just telling how everyone's hearts are in the right places, basicaly the same "it'll be good...honest" that we've gotten throughout.

Nice interview but on the subject of the movie Kevin really didn't offer anything reassuring.
^ This.

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but Eastman really didn't address the problems people have against this movie.

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 05-28-2014 at 02:57 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #9
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

"he wanted to bring that big martial arts energy"

"I want to do fight scenes that no one's ever seen before. I want to keep it true to the roots."

"I think some of the action stuff is going to be what hopefully blows the fans away."

Well, none of the Promotion has shown any hints of that 'martial arts energy', 'action that would blow fans away', or 'fight scenes that no one's ever seen before' (which by the way, how is that possible? I would guess that he means 'never seen in a Turtles movie' but that is certainly not how it was worded...).

And it might sound silly, but when one says 'True to the Roots', what does that necessarily mean? People here have said countless times that each incarnation of the Turtles is different...so if one says 'True to the roots', then what are those roots? The fact it has 4 Turtles, a rat named Splinter, and an April?
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #10
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
^ This.

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but Eastman really didn't address the problems people have against this movie.
Perhaps I was too quick to talk. I assumed the two links posted were different parts of the same interview. I'll give some benefit of the doubt that he might chance directly addressing concerns we have even if in all likelihood it will be pretty much the same as the other interview.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #11
Glados
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
^ This.

Apparently he will address some of the fan-worries in the next part of the interview, which isn't out yet (to my knowledge)
Glados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #12
pennydreadful
trash

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that we definitely need to see some of these much-touted "martial arts" scenes that we keep hearing about in interviews... bring on the new trailer already!

Spoiler:
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #13
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Its interesting that we hear stuff about the movie having martial arts like The Raid, And then hearing about Fist of Legends. With all this talk, Were all hoping for, The most Bad Ass martial arts ever seen on film.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 05-28-2014 at 06:04 PM.
TigerClaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:51 PM   #14
Puddinpop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Haha this is great
Inorite? This is awesome.. I think I've posted the same video a thousand times so this is refreshing to see. I can't wait to see my boys fighting with that kind of intensity.

Last edited by Puddinpop; 05-28-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #15
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

'Look, I want to do the best Turtles movie ever. I want to do fight scenes that no one's ever seen before. I want to keep it true to the roots. I want to do something exciting and fresh and give it my own spin, but I also want it to be something the fans can relate to.'
I have faith in you Kevin
DioLeo451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #16
Puddinpop
Banned

imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Perhaps I was too quick to talk. I assumed the two links posted were different parts of the same interview. I'll give some benefit of the doubt that he might chance directly addressing concerns we have even if in all likelihood it will be pretty much the same as the other interview.
I agree.. I think he has definitely talked about it with the team.. I remember when he said in an interview that if they didn't make it true to the Turtles they would get " F-ing murdered" lol. But it still seems that some don't understand what a NDA is and think that people like Eastman and other actors can come out and shoot their mouths off about details without getting in trouble. I understand that no matter WHAT he says he'll be called a big fat liar. So it doesn't even matter. What matters is what we see on August 8th. People around here have been saying how the marketing sucks and the trailers suck just because they don't get everything they want while "imo" simultaneously contradicting themselves.. Obviously they want more lol. If you watch a trailer and are finding yourself asking for more every single day then... I think the trailer did it's job
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:40 AM   #17
Xav
Foot Elite

I had no idea Ice Cream Kitty was supposed to be Klunk.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #18
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAF View Post
Is there rumor of a new trailer? I must've missed this. Is it mentioned in Eastman's interview? Thanks, bud.
No, I just wish they would show one, lol.

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #19
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
"he wanted to bring that big martial arts energy"

"I want to do fight scenes that no one's ever seen before. I want to keep it true to the roots."

"I think some of the action stuff is going to be what hopefully blows the fans away."

Well, none of the Promotion has shown any hints of that 'martial arts energy', 'action that would blow fans away', or 'fight scenes that no one's ever seen before' (which by the way, how is that possible? I would guess that he means 'never seen in a Turtles movie' but that is certainly not how it was worded...).

And it might sound silly, but when one says 'True to the Roots', what does that necessarily mean? People here have said countless times that each incarnation of the Turtles is different...so if one says 'True to the roots', then what are those roots? The fact it has 4 Turtles, a rat named Splinter, and an April?
That's what I'm thinking. I really want to believe him though!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #20
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant

Part two is out, where Kevin approaches the negative feelings about this movie: http://www.*************************...erview-part-2/

Basically, he says, once more is revealed, he thinks people will start liking it, and the people behind it really have a passion for the movie.

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kevin eastman