The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Star Wars Rebels animated series

So. Wondering what's replacing Clone Wars? Why Star Wars Rebels is!

Star Wars Rebels takes place between Episodes III and IV.
Quote:
The animated series is set "in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape."
The series will be exec produced by Simon Kinsberg and Greg Weisman. Casting will be announced soon with the series expected to premier fall 2014.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ated-tv-525337
Old 05-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Good to see Greg Weisman has a new series after Young Justice was canceled. The Weisman curse will strike again though and I am sure this show will be canceled with no conclusion like Young Justice, Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles.

Greg Weisman will be screwed again like always. It is the Weisman curse.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Filoni and Weisman - will definitely watch this.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Hmm, cant say im really into star wars tv series and im not exactly looking forward to this. I thought Disney wanted to decrease the over-saturation of star wars media.

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Revan
Han Shot First

Cool. I thought the clone wars was a fun ride. I'll definitely give this a chance. I'm interested in this era of star wars and it seems a bit under-explored.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
snake
Disgusting

I'll be watching this. Sounds pretty good !
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'm glad someone finally realized that 50 pounds of crap just ain't gonna fit into the 5 pound bag that is the Clone Wars era.

This sounds great though, I'm pretty excited. Except it's gonna be on Disney XD.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
Xav
Foot Elite

I wonder if this will sort of be Clone Wars season 6, seeing how it has that shows supervising director, Art Director, and CG Supervisor.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I wonder if this will sort of be Clone Wars season 6, seeing how it has that shows supervising director, Art Director, and CG Supervisor.
I wonder if we will see more with Ahsoka since we are to assume she survived Order 66. It would be cool to see Darth Vader hunting her.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #10
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'm glad someone finally realized that 50 pounds of crap just ain't gonna fit into the 5 pound bag that is the Clone Wars era.

This sounds great though, I'm pretty excited. Except it's gonna be on Disney XD.
Censors
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Teaser coming Monday:

Quote:

Have you been missing "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" or any kind of animated "Star Wars" on your TV?

"Star Wars Rebels" is flying ever so closer to Disney XD. The network will air a 15-second teaser video on Monday, Oct. 7, during the 7:30 p.m. premiere of the new series "Mighty Med."

In meantime, I've posted the "Rebels" logo and concept art provided by Lucasfilm. The teaser will give fans a very brief feel for the upcoming "Rebels’ series set to debut in the fall of 2014 on Disney and Disney XD channels, Lucasfilm says.

Lucasfilm and the network also will tweet the teaser from @StarWars and @DisneyChannelPR on Monday night. And come back here next weekend; I will post more news about the series after announcements are made at New York Comic-Con.

Dave Filoni, who served as supervising director of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," will executive produce the new series. Joining him as executive producers are Greg Weisman ("Young Justice," "The Spectacular Spider-Man," "Gargoyles") and screenwriter/producer Simon Kinberg ("X-Men: First Class," "Sherlock Holmes"), who also will write the premiere episode.

The time between "Episode III" and "Episode IV" has never been explored on-screen, Lucasfilm said. "Star Wars Rebels" takes place when "the Empire is ... hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape," an earlier Lucasfilm release said.

The Disney Channel, Disney XD and Lucasfilm are units of the Walt Disney Co. Follow all the "Star Wars" news at starwars.com.

Read more at http://www.redeyechicago.com/enterta...S5FZM4RKc6k.99
Old 10-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #12
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I was really sad that Clone Wars was canceled. But will gladly watch this. I'm not getting my hopes up about it lasting as long as cw did, however. Disney seems to love dangling good shows in front of me for about two seasons saying,"Oh ya like that huh? Do ya? Well it's just been canceled! hahahahaha!" CN does this too. But I'll watch it as long as it airs. Yup, I'm also afraid the Wiceman curse will strike again. Poor guy. I'd also like to see those uses Sidious has for Maul coming into play at some point. Hoping Vader gets to do away with him once and for all since Palpy seems to love to test his aprentices' metal. And it'd be interesting to see Vader hunting Ahsoka. I'd also like to see more of Talzin but not getting my hopes up. Some are speculating that the writers will attempt to wrap up a few cw character arcs. I'd very much like to see Boba Fett coming into his own and wondering if he's going to be the one who ices Cad Bane. Time will tell, I guess.

I read somewhere that the first two episodes are going to be aired back to back and wondering if these will be set during Revenge of The Sith. Very excited for this show and can't wait for the teaser. I'll be buying the toys too since I'm a sucker for everything SW.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #13
JakeSully
Banned

Sounds awesome, Greg is a fantastic guy
JakeSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1_F7zg4B30&sns=em
Old 10-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Lots of Rebels stuff from NYCC

Quote:

Star Wars Rebels Introduces The Evil Empire At New York Comic Con – Lots More Details
Posted on October 12, 2013 by Brendon Connelly

Though animation on Star Wars Rebels has yet to begin in earnest, the show was still able to hold an exciting panel at New York Comic Con this afternoon. New concept art was shown, a new promo video – without footage – was unspooled and discussion revealed many new details, though almost entirely centred on the villains. The heroes and The Ghost, their space ship, were left pretty much out of the picture entirely.

The show is set some fourteen years after the end of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and during the rise of The Galactic Empire. At this point, the Empire was embraced as a welcome change, and the show will detail the turning of this tide, the dawning realisation that things aren’t going to work out.

It’s maybe also worth pointing out that the timing means the show will take place when Leia was a teenager, and the Rebels of the title are going to be adolescent too – not that this was acknowledged during the panel – so I believe she may well turn up. I can imagine her being the hot pin-up Princess at least.

One key setting for the show is the planet of Lothal, somewhere in the outer rim, and concept art revealed that it looked pretty Tatooine-y, at least in the sense that it was yellow, sunny and had some urban areas. The pitch was that this show would look “as much as possible like a Ralph McQuarrie painting come to life.”

There are a lot of Stormtroopers in the show, of varying designs. An old Imperial Troop Transporter toy that never had a movie analog seems set to finally appear in motion too, with a very familiar looking craft showed off to the crowds.

Other callbacks to the toys will see an extra bump added to the blasters as a tribute to the old Kenner figures and a Hasbro-style top-hatch on the TIE Fighters. In fact, they’re playing to nostalgia and keeping connected to the old series and spin-offs in every way they can, with an old Joe Johnston design being dusted off for the AT-DP walker.

There will be alien species based upon unused Ralph McQuarrie artwork too, which was something I heard. As it came to me, the rumour suggested that some of these aliens were also on the docket for the new movie trilogy too.

All new is the chief villain, The Inquisitor, on the hunt for Jedi. You can see him at the head of this post.

I imagine he’ll be possessed of fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor. As well as his nice black uniform and a lightsaber, seemingly with two blades in a Darth Maul-style.

None of the Rebels-era Stormtroopers are clones, though some are trained by aged clones. Apparently this comes from Lucas’ notes. Some Jedi will appear, somehow, though details were fuzzy. Also unclear were the possibility of Clone Wars characters turning up – apparently, it could happen. There will be bounty hunters, too, as the underworld has a presence in this story.

There was very little time given to talking about the Rebels of the title, perhaps to cloud the teen-focus for a little longer, but it was noted, repeatedly, that this story would see them as real underdogs. As for why The Ghost is called The Ghost, there’s apparently a very good reason.

The show will be serial, chronological and follow the same group of characters. After three relatively bright episodes, it’s planned that the fourth will see a turn towards less optimistic colours, more danger and fear. The showrunners won’t be scared to kill of characters either.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

That character looks like Quan Chi from Mortal Kombat.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #17
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

14 years after Episode 3... great. Hello Teen Leia and Han (I'd say teen Chewbacca but he was 200 when he died in 1999 ) ...with cameo from Teen Luke occasionally looking up at the sky on Tatooine wishing he could join the fun.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #18
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Better pic of the new villain. Check out that lightsaber:

Old 10-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #19
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Shall follow this, Hop it's as good as Clone wars.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #20
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

If Greg is on it, I doubt it will last two seasons
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote