The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What should the next movie be?
a continuation of the Original trilogy/ tmnt 2007 7 15.22%
A completely new reboot not connected to anything before it. 39 84.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2017, 09:40 AM   #21
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Why the shell would there be another movie in the original trilogy? A book or comic, maybe, but a movie? The trilogy I feel were products of their time and the magic from the 90s cannot be replicated.

As others have said, a reboot is what'll be needed, but currently, it shouldn't be done. If Out of the Shadows did poor at the box office due to the first film and other better movies at the time of its release, it's best for the films to lay low for a few years. Then, reboot it.
Agree, no TMNT movies for awhile for now. Have to let PD movies fade a little bit more into obscurity first.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
Agree, no TMNT movies for awhile for now. Have to let PD movies fade a little bit more into obscurity first.
I'm pretty sure they already have. At the rate cinemas have been blasting CBMs and kid movies out in the last decade, the bad ones get forgotten reaaaaaaaaally quickly.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Reboot.

I agree about not wanting to see another origin movie
Why not? There hasn't been an origin movie since 1990. The PD ones didn't even have one.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:22 AM   #24
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nobody's continuing the Tim Burton Batman movies. Batman needed a Christopher Nolan to "Dark Knight" the franchise after the abysmal Joel Schumacher filmes.

Hopefully, TMNT can follow the same trend...

Burton/Bannon...
enjoyable but ultimately dated

Schumacher/Bay...
a lot of disrespect to the franchise, wacky, stupid, toys

Nolan/???... a fresh new interpretation that brings the franchise back to prominence and success
Forever and &Robin were enjoyable for what it's worth...besides, everyone...chill.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why not? There hasn't been an origin movie since 1990. The PD ones didn't even have one.
I forgot that, and you're absolutely right. Man oh man, you are absolutely right.

#karatefordummies #sewerlibrary
Old 08-11-2017, 11:18 AM   #26
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
True. Guess I'm just burnt out on origin movies in general.

...I just want to see some damn Mousers already
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:18 AM   #27
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Nobody's continuing the Tim Burton Batman movies. Batman needed a Christopher Nolan to "Dark Knight" the franchise after the abysmal Joel Schumacher filmes.

Hopefully, TMNT can follow the same trend...

Burton/Bannon...
enjoyable but ultimately dated

Schumacher/Bay...
a lot of disrespect to the franchise, wacky, stupid, toys

Nolan/???... a fresh new interpretation that brings the franchise back to prominence and success
I'm really hoping this is the case, it would be the best case scenario....I'll hold off for our "Nolan"

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they already have. At the rate cinemas have been blasting CBMs and kid movies out in the last decade, the bad ones get forgotten reaaaaaaaaally quickly.
Really hope so....but at the same time I wouldn't want MORE bad TMNT movies to ultimately fade into obscurity further tarnishing the franchise. I say wait for the next one for a good good while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Forever and &Robin were enjoyable for what it's worth...besides, everyone...chill.
Like I said....even as a kid I didn't like them all too much. Maybe it's the Batman: animated series influence in me but they pushed the camp way too much even for 7 year old me lol.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:01 PM   #28
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I still think if a reboot is necessary, limit the origin to a flashback/recap at the beginning, then give us a film with rat king, purple dragons, and leatherhead as the enemies. heck, bring in Angel bridge/Nobody as and Radical as the TMNT's allies instead of April and Casey, and set the classic elements (April, Casey, Shredder and the foot) up for the sequels. That way we get to know the turtles first in a new story, before we begin the retread.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #29
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I still think if a reboot is necessary, limit the origin to a flashback/recap at the beginning, then give us a film with rat king, purple dragons, and leatherhead as the enemies. heck, bring in Angel bridge/Nobody as and Radical as the TMNT's allies instead of April and Casey, and set the classic elements (April, Casey, Shredder and the foot) up for the sequels. That way we get to know the turtles first in a new story, before we begin the retread.
I second this motion, it'd be a good twist and probably has the most potential IMO.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #30
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
I do know some of my friends think OOTS was better than the first and enjoyed it. Something tells me they're not going to easily fade. Considering the upcoming show, Rise, may have PD elements, it's clear it won't fade entirely yet, especially with taking jabs at them. I get that it is humor, but constantly repeating the same jokes, whether references or any form, gets old really fast.

I do wonder if Viacom could allow TMNT to air on a different station or on Netflix with a different direction at some point. It's wishful thinking on my part, but it could very well convey TMNT as more than a kid's property. It was one of the best-selling kid properties last year according to a thread about merchandise, but otherwise, not sure.

Until then, we have a long way to wait.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #31
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I do know some of my friends think OOTS was better than the first and enjoyed it. Something tells me they're not going to easily fade. Considering the upcoming show, Rise, may have PD elements, it's clear it won't fade entirely yet, especially with taking jabs at them. I get that it is humor, but constantly repeating the same jokes, whether references or any form, gets old really fast.

I do wonder if Viacom could allow TMNT to air on a different station or on Netflix with a different direction at some point. It's wishful thinking on my part, but it could very well convey TMNT as more than a kid's property. It was one of the best-selling kid properties last year according to a thread about merchandise, but otherwise, not sure.

Until then, we have a long way to wait.
Honestly Netflix is the absolute dream. It'll take awhile for the OOTS Bay Turtles to fade a little bit at least, I'm still holding out on Rise though.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:18 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

We'll probably get another TMNT movie somewhere between 2021-2025.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:50 AM   #33
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
We'll probably get another TMNT movie somewhere between 2021-2025.
At least they'll have waited more than 3 years by then
Old 08-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #34
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Preferably a reboot, but if they decided to go sequel, go sequel to the original movie only, like how Jurassic Park did with Jurassic World.
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #35
pferreira
Foot Elite

I'd actually like them to continue with the original trilogy because I'd be interested to see the direction they would go in. To see the advancements in visual effects and creature design applied to a continuation of the original three movies interests me.

Quote:
Leave Batman Forever alone thank you.

Also the Nolan films were overrated.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
Preferably a reboot, but if they decided to go sequel, go sequel to the original movie only, like how Jurassic Park did with Jurassic World.
That's never going to happen. Too much poo between movie #1 and movie #6.

Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:13 PM   #37
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
I would love to see this as an animated movie similar to some of DC's direct to video stuff. Bring back as many of the original cast as possible. Since it's animation, they could bring back those turtles without messing with the animatronics, and any human characters can look younger than their actors/actresses currently are. (Assuming a sequel would keep relatively close to when the original took place and not almost 30 years later like in real life.)
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:44 AM   #38
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
I would love to see this as an animated movie similar to some of DC's direct to video stuff. Bring back as many of the original cast as possible. Since it's animation, they could bring back those turtles without messing with the animatronics, and any human characters can look younger than their actors/actresses currently are. (Assuming a sequel would keep relatively close to when the original took place and not almost 30 years later like in real life.)
I love this...the DC direct video stuff is pretty good as a whole. Gives them more creative freedom too.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:55 PM   #39
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

That's where I've been hoping they take this. A DTV animated film could cater to the hardcore fans more than a theatrical live-action film (which to make enough money have to try to extract the mainstream). And, a series of such videos in different continuities could cater to the varying tastes of different segments of the fandom.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #40
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
I like that idea but don't set it 30 years into the future.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote