The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-18-2015, 08:48 AM   #21
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterocket View Post
Why haven't they made this game for Wii U? It would be so good to play online with other people...
It's just a matter of time, since they make one for every system. I'm ready for it, though...
Old 01-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #22
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterocket View Post
Why haven't they made this game for Wii U? It would be so good to play online with other people...
New Leaf came out in late 2012 in Japan and mid 2013 in the rest of the world, so I still think it's a way too early. So far the space between AC games is around 4 years, though the turnaround on City Folk was about 3 years following Wild World. New Leaf hasn't even been out for two years in most of the world and in Japan it's only been two years as of November.

Considering the potential lifespan of the Wii U, we might see Nintendo try to get one out in the next year, but I doubt it. I wouldn't be totally surprised to see it announced later this year though.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:11 PM   #23
raph27
Mad Scientist

Got this game for Christmas and I'm totally addicted. This game is so cute! Finally got the hang of fishing, still terrible at catching bugs. I find it pretty funny that you find money by shaking trees. Another thing I love is the little noises the animals make after they say things.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #24
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

i abandoned my village...

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #25
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySiegel View Post
i abandoned my village...
There's a special place in hell for your kind...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #26
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
There's a special place in hell for your kind...

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
Old 01-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #27
Peanut
Second Gear

Damn! You're edgy as sh*t, Tony!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #28
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Damn! You're edgy as sh*t, Tony!
haha peace...

Old 02-14-2015, 04:34 PM   #29
raph27
Mad Scientist

I love that just when you think you know your town completely, you always discover fun new things. Just realized the fortune cookies give you stuff. So now I have the Master Sword in my house, which is pretty sweet. This game is so much more expansive than Tomodachi Life.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:46 PM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

I played the GameCube one daily back in 2012 for several months. It was fun and addicting. My favourite villager was Tom, a blue cat. I haven't checked my GC village since... 2013? 2014?

As for New Leaf, it's nice to have an AC game in a portable console. I downloaded it from the eShop since this way I can access it any time I want to, and that's very practical in a game like this. My favourite villager thus far is Ace, a mouse obsessed with lifting weights and exercising in general. I also like Whitney, a female wolf, but rumours say she's planning on leaving my village.

Most of the time I just sell stuff in stores and donate to the local museum. I like how in this game, you're the mayor and can pass some ordinances and build stuff. I'm currently on the way of building a new bridge, so that I don't have to run around half of the village to travel from my house to the main district. And speaking of that, I think I preferred how each store and public building was spread throughout the city, even if having most of them(except the recycling place) on the same street is probably more practical.

So yeah, this is the type of game that's a long term investment. Plus, you'll always miss at least an event or two per year since you'll either sleep in during weekends or will be busy with real life to attend an Animal Crossing event/party. So that's a good way to add replay value to a game like this. I dunno why, but even if it can be quite repetitive at times, AC titles always seem to grab you. I really should write more letters to my neighbours, though. But it gets annoying writing letters often where you gotta pretty much write like a kindergarten student. Then again, collecting furniture is part of the game and they'll gift you a piece of furniture you don't have yet if they really like your letter.

How good is Home Designer, btw? Sucks that New Leaf isn't compatible with the Amiibos and cards. I really like those, but I won't buy HD for it. I mean, was there really a need for an AC game exclusively dedicated to home designing? You could already do that in previous AC titles...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #31
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
How good is Home Designer, btw? Sucks that New Leaf isn't compatible with the Amiibos and cards. I really like those, but I won't buy HD for it. I mean, was there really a need for an AC game exclusively dedicated to home designing? You could already do that in previous AC titles...
I bought it a while back (Target had it 50% off) and I actually like it a fair amount. House designing is so much easier now, plus you can do stuff you can't in New Leaf like placing items on the ceiling and outside the house. Plenty of replayability if you like designing homes. And the seemingly endless amount of amiibo cards adds to that total. If you're a big fan of New Leaf I'd say go for it.

(Plus if you buy it right now, you can get the free DLC villager Claude, who gives you Nintendo store displays, a giant Game Boy, and some Nintendo systems.)
Old 04-07-2016, 01:23 PM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
I bought it a while back (Target had it 50% off) and I actually like it a fair amount. House designing is so much easier now, plus you can do stuff you can't in New Leaf like placing items on the ceiling and outside the house. Plenty of replayability if you like designing homes. And the seemingly endless amount of amiibo cards adds to that total. If you're a big fan of New Leaf I'd say go for it.

(Plus if you buy it right now, you can get the free DLC villager Claude, who gives you Nintendo store displays, a giant Game Boy, and some Nintendo systems.)
It also has the advantage of being bundled with the amiibo reading device for the 3DS.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:00 PM   #33
Prowler
Emperor

Here are my current villagers. I think I finally have a group I'm mostly OK with:

Spoiler:

Boomer
Butch
Chrissy
Flurry
Hippeaux
Kid Cat
Melba
Phil
Rod

I'm not a big fan of Flurry but other than that, I'm fine with my current crop of villagers.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #34
raph27
Mad Scientist

Aw, I loved Flurry so much! I was really sad when she left.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:01 AM   #35
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
Aw, I loved Flurry so much! I was really sad when she left.
It's not that I hate her or anything. She's just my least favorite of the current villagers.

My least favorites ever thus far were Harry(hippo) and Apple(squirrel). Didn't like them at all. I kinda regret letting Whitney(wolf) go. I liked her.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:19 AM   #36
Powder
So tired of this place

I miss Flurry too.

Despite my obsessive daily efforts, I lost a bunch of villagers to holiday/event mix ups.

Of the original crew I still have:

-Coco
-Walt
-Drago
-Teddy
-Gwen

& the new blood consists of:

-Peewee
-Beaux
-Phoebe
-Zell

& I just lost Pango, who was pretty new herself.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:02 AM   #37
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I miss Flurry too.

Despite my obsessive daily efforts, I lost a bunch of villagers to holiday/event mix ups.

Of the original crew I still have:

-Coco
-Walt
-Drago
-Teddy
-Gwen

& the new blood consists of:

-Peewee
-Beaux
-Phoebe
-Zell

& I just lost Pango, who was pretty new herself.
I've never lost a villager on A New Leaf out of the blue. They always announce they plan on moving and I decide whether I want them to stay or not. Sometimes, when you say you don't care they end up staying, though.

I think Boomer is the only original I have left. But Rod and Butch have been there for so long(since like the 5th day I built the village) that I pretty much consider them originals already. Same for Phil.

I haven't checked my GameCube town in like 3 years, it's probably full of weeds now, but I hope my next door neighbour, Tom(blue cat) is still there. He was my biggest friend. Butch(dog) reminds me a lot of Tom in dog form. He's also the villager I'm the closest to. Rod(jocky mouse) also seems to love me.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:11 PM   #38
raph27
Mad Scientist

The originals I still have are Lucha and Bud, everyone else is new. I miss Zell and Limberg.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:04 AM   #39
Prowler
Emperor

My originals were Boomer, Harry, Whitney, Apple... and I don't remember who else. Although I believe Hippeaux might have been there since the beginning as well. No idea if there was anyone else or if you start the game with just 5 villagers.

Since then Muffy and Shari came to my village but left rather quickly. I don't believe Muffy lasted a week even.

Afaik, the villagers in my GameCube game, the last time I played were Tom, Peaches, Olivia, Rasher, Iggy, Carmen and another one or two I'm possibly forgetting.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:42 PM   #40
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The free update is live is anyone replaying AC?

As I've mentioned before my save file got corrupted for no reasona nd haven't felt like playing since. I thought the new update would get me to play it but while I think it's awesome it feels like AC "We need to sell the overstock of amiibo" New Leaf. And this is the type of amiibo functionality that I dislike since I don't want to own a bunch of AC amiibo just to have new content. And also since I don't have a new N3DS and I don't plan on buying the base since it's likely near the same price to just sell my 3DS and buy a N3DS for the price of the adapter then I can't even access the few amiibo I do own on the game.

I felt New Leaf made some things too easy/gave too much power to the player, part of what makes AC so great is you never knew or controlled the aspects of your village because life is not something you control. So while having a village full of cats or your favorite villagers is awesome I feel it's cheating. And while it's neat to have Epona, Ganon and Wolf Link in the game it also doesn't seem to fit with the franchise in general. We didn't need that fan service here. I know I'm being grouchy but I feel this update also means no new AC for a while besides the mobile game and I hope the mobile game is good but also something different from a mainline AC game.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote