The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #121
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's a closer look at the Killer Croc.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=120785

Old 05-20-2015, 11:20 PM   #122
Leo656
The Franchise

Eh, Croc don't look too bad. That's actually pretty close to how 80s Croc looked.

I kinda think his style got too exaggerated over the years, until he practically looked like Leatherhead with rabies. I kinda dig this look. Takes me back.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:37 AM   #123
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Y'know, now that I see those closeups, I like the look.

Except for the fingers. Dude needs a manicure stat.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #124
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Leaked footage from the Suicide Squad movie from SDCC 2015
https://www.facebook.com/10000758443...type=2&theater
Old 07-11-2015, 03:09 PM   #125
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Leaked footage from the Suicide Squad movie from SDCC 2015
https://www.facebook.com/10000758443...type=2&theater
Ugh those tattoos look so sh*tty.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #126
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Really excited for Leto's take for Joker after seeing this.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #127
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Joker and Harley both look and act perfect.

That's all I care about; when can I order my pair of opening-day tickets?
Old 07-11-2015, 03:50 PM   #128
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Wow Harley looks like a......uhh.......Is there a nice way of saying hooker? (those shorts couldn't be any shorter....seriously I don't think they can)

I'd dare someone to fight in those heels in real life.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:57 PM   #129
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

You can still find the leaked footage here.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=122711
Old 07-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #130
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Joker and Harley both look and act perfect.

That's all I care about; when can I order my pair of opening-day tickets?
Harley licking a cage...I'll take it lol, plus I think she'll be the talk of the movie
Old 07-11-2015, 05:43 PM   #131
Leo656
The Franchise

Hmm. That's interesting. Looks a little more serious than I expected, which is good. Alright, I'm all in for this one, too. Even the Joker looks better in action than I expected. I've been kind of on the fence on this one but I like where this is going.

At least one Squad member always goes down before it's over... wonder who it'll be this time, and how? That'll be interesting to see. Since it's lesser-known characters they can get away with being a little more violent and unorthodox than the "main" DC films, while still remaining in the same universe. Likewise, I expect that the Flash, Green Lantern, and Shazam! films, will all be significantly brighter and lighter while still being recognizable as companion films.

It's interesting. I like what they're doing with it.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:22 PM   #132
Electric
Epic Hiatus

As a total DC nerd, today was like Christmas. I'll be ranting over in BvS thread too.

The trailer gave off a very creepy and very dark tone which was PERFECT. If they keep that for most of the movie, I think it'll turn out perfectly.
Since joker and Harley are 2 of my top 5 favorite villains, finally getting to see them both was great. I'm extremely excited, with a few small concerns, but I can easily get over them.

With Harley Quinn: Margot looks the part. The looks and facial expressions really showed just how insane she is. The movie seems to be doing what other media seems to sometimes alter with her in that she's pretty damn capable. The gymnastics/acrobatics seemed heavily emphasized and looks like she pretty much destroyed a guard? In her little cage. Favorite tease so far was her using the bat as a shotgun. Just such a Harley-Esque thing to do showing her fun and crazy personality that makes me think this film got it right.

Only concerns with her are:
the costume. Really not a huge issue at all but just irritating to me, as a fan of most of her former outfits. Id prefer the red and black over red/pink and blue, but I get that in the specific suicide squad comics the blue is canon, and 2 other character shave the whole red and black theme going. Also, where as she has always been checkered in outfits, they really just cut her down the middle: half blue, half red. Honestly just wish they would've flipped the jacket colors and it would've been great. Next the heels. I get it's a movie, but those seem damn near impossible to do anything. Would've preferred a thicker heel atleast, or platforms boots. Lastly, all the white. Without her jacket, her entire outfit is basically white, plus the white boots. Just something I wish they would've subbed out for little more red and blue. Love the hair though: they took a note out of the Arkham book. And the diamonds being tattoos on her leg was a nice touch

And also the voice. Not trying to judge too quickly here, as I've heard so little, but her voice doesn't quite sound like Harley's. Just doesn't quite have the same Brooklyn accent and or high pitch squeak and or touch of crazy. But again, I heard like three very shot lines. So not judging
yet

With joker: that voice is perfect. Reminiscent of hamill without being hamill. It's creepy, and can be dark, yet high and crazy. The laugh was gave me chills.
Best joker smile yet, even with silver teeth
Each jokers had their own unique something about them that just sells it as the joker. Like with Ledger, it was all the little mannerisms and expressions. With this joker, I think it's the eyes. Intense and almost erratic, you can see they insanity in them.

Concern: put on a damn purple suit. Tattoos I'm ok with (minus forehead) and I guess I should've figured since he has them he'd be shirtless at some point, but really, part of the jokers main creepy factor is how he's dressed in a wacky colored suit. Makes him seem all the more insane and threatening, because his primary weapon is his unpredictability, not his strength, and seeing him walk around shirtless to me just makes him seem a little more like a thug than this evil mastermind. Silver jacket with pink shirt was closer, but still hoping for the full purple

Last edited by Electric; 07-11-2015 at 11:30 PM.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:42 PM   #133
Leo656
The Franchise

It would appear that he's locked up somewhere, so to me it makes sense that at least in these scenes he's not all decked out in his Sunday best. I'm entranced by his little bit of footage though, he looks and sounds great. And I hated the initial image we saw. Who knows, if wee see scenes of him out in the larger world he might be actually dressed, I'unno; it's the guy, not the outfit. I'll be patient. That little snippet showed that at least they've got a good actor in the spot.

Likewise, I'm just super glad they're apparently not doing overly-caffeinated, super-spastic Harley, who's been way over-played and super annoying in recent years. I'm fine with the voice being different; this chick looks like she's nuts. She looks like the kind of lunatic who would be attracted to The Joker, and maybe even be as bad as he is. I'm intrigued.

This thing went from "Maybe I'll go see it" to "Opening night for sure" really F'n quick, with me.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:50 PM   #134
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Thanks to twitter not hiding images, and the internet's constant need to ruin movies while they're being made...I can tell you Joker
Spoiler:
Most certainly is wearing a purple suit at some point...it's not like Ledgers and it's not like Nicholson's...it looks like it cost him a million dollars.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:52 PM   #135
Electric
Epic Hiatus

I'm definitely keeping my patience, as again, my few "concerns" are all really aesthetic and have not at all decreased my interest in what may be my favorite movie.

With the joker, to me it didn't seemed like he was locked up in that scene, instead locking someone else up
Spoiler:
if you've seen the BvS trailer you see a supposedly dead robin suit, and I'm wondering if this is the notorious joker scene where he tortures Jason Todd

With Harley, they definitely don't seem to be doing the ditzy Harley who has become prominent, though with her licking bars and slamming her head into them, they maintained her crazy. Again, it's nothing huge, just that she is one of my favorite comic characters and I'd prefer to hear, I don't know how else to word it, but a little more insanity in her voice. But, watching it again, the crazy she doesn't convey in her voice she more than makes up for in her expressions.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:54 PM   #136
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
Thanks to twitter not hiding images, and the internet's constant need to ruin movies while they're being made...I can tell you Joker
Spoiler:
Most certainly is wearing a purple suit at some point...it's not like Ledgers and it's not like Nicholson's...it looks like it cost him a million dollars.
Not questioning you, just would love to see, do you know where I can find the picture?

Or is it the silver jacket with bright purple dress shirt underneath when he's getting out of the car?
Old 07-12-2015, 12:06 AM   #137
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

You know what Electric, my mistake, I saw a photo like this one and he's not wearing his jacket.
Spoiler:

Also, about your theory with the torture scene...I have a theory too, He is torturing someone to find out where Harley is.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:14 AM   #138
pennydreadful
trash

I needed to change my pants after watching that trailer; seriously cannot WAIT for this to come out.

I had been unhappy with some of what we'd seen prior to now - namely Harley's costume (I wasn't actually bothered by the short-shorts, but those shoes) - but this trailer knocked me on my ass. It looks like the actress is going to do a solid job and having her do the gymnastics thing was awesome as hell... and I mean hell, maybe they'll give some context for why she chooses the costume that she does for this movie. It's a little weird hearing her without the accent but again, the hyper Brooklyn-accent version of her is the one that's been used most often and it'll be interesting seeing how she's played from another angle; she seems to have a definite deadly and demented edge here, as opposed to just being love interest and comic relief.

I would've liked The Wall to be bigger, because I love fat Amanda Waller - but at least she's not New 52 Waller - Jared Leto absolutely slays in every role he does and I know he's going to do a killer job as the Joker.

Two thumbs up - these guys have my money.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:36 AM   #139
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

I've been on board with the movie from the beginning but seeing it in action solidified it for sure. Joker looks gross but in a good way.

I'm shocked at how polished and 'done' the reel looked considering how far out the thing still is.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #140
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
As a total DC nerd, today was like Christmas. I'll be ranting over in BvS thread too.

The trailer gave off a very creepy and very dark tone which was PERFECT. If they keep that for most of the movie, I think it'll turn out perfectly.
Since joker and Harley are 2 of my top 5 favorite villains, finally getting to see them both was great. I'm extremely excited, with a few small concerns, but I can easily get over them.

With Harley Quinn: Margot looks the part. The looks and facial expressions really showed just how insane she is. The movie seems to be doing what other media seems to sometimes alter with her in that she's pretty damn capable. The gymnastics/acrobatics seemed heavily emphasized and looks like she pretty much destroyed a guard? In her little cage. Favorite tease so far was her using the bat as a shotgun. Just such a Harley-Esque thing to do showing her fun and crazy personality that makes me think this film got it right.

Only concerns with her are:
the costume. Really not a huge issue at all but just irritating to me, as a fan of most of her former outfits. Id prefer the red and black over red/pink and blue, but I get that in the specific suicide squad comics the blue is canon, and 2 other character shave the whole red and black theme going. Also, where as she has always been checkered in outfits, they really just cut her down the middle: half blue, half red. Honestly just wish they would've flipped the jacket colors and it would've been great. Next the heels. I get it's a movie, but those seem damn near impossible to do anything. Would've preferred a thicker heel atleast, or platforms boots. Lastly, all the white. Without her jacket, her entire outfit is basically white, plus the white boots. Just something I wish they would've subbed out for little more red and blue. Love the hair though: they took a note out of the Arkham book. And the diamonds being tattoos on her leg was a nice touch

And also the voice. Not trying to judge too quickly here, as I've heard so little, but her voice doesn't quite sound like Harley's. Just doesn't quite have the same Brooklyn accent and or high pitch squeak and or touch of crazy. But again, I heard like three very shot lines. So not judging
yet

With joker: that voice is perfect. Reminiscent of hamill without being hamill. It's creepy, and can be dark, yet high and crazy. The laugh was gave me chills.
Best joker smile yet, even with silver teeth
Each jokers had their own unique something about them that just sells it as the joker. Like with Ledger, it was all the little mannerisms and expressions. With this joker, I think it's the eyes. Intense and almost erratic, you can see they insanity in them.

Concern: put on a damn purple suit. Tattoos I'm ok with (minus forehead) and I guess I should've figured since he has them he'd be shirtless at some point, but really, part of the jokers main creepy factor is how he's dressed in a wacky colored suit. Makes him seem all the more insane and threatening, because his primary weapon is his unpredictability, not his strength, and seeing him walk around shirtless to me just makes him seem a little more like a thug than this evil mastermind. Silver jacket with pink shirt was closer, but still hoping for the full purple
so....with everything YOU want...you want a Batman The Animated Series movie?

Tags
critics are right, critics are wrong, cybercubedthecritic, cybercubedthesadist, dc comics, echo cubed, fantastic casting, leto=joker, romero>leto, thread for 12 year olds