The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-26-2019, 08:41 PM   #21
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'm all in on this if we can keep colored bandannas.

Compromise in the name of the greater good? Or is this your personal "Border Wall"?

We have fun.
Please don't encourage him.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:46 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

I've known him a lot longer than I've known you, hepcat.

This place is a lot more fun when Andrew's properly motivated.

And when it's after 11am Pacific.

Because by then he's drunk.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:53 AM   #23
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:

And when it's after 11am Pacific.

Because by then he's drunk.
I don't drink dude. Also don't risk poisoning

Last edited by Toxin45; 01-27-2019 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:01 AM   #24
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
My vote: full reboot with Turtles that kill and a non-wisecracking Mikey. Also a complete deemphasis on drawing from the kids stuff.

But I have no vote.
You know, I'm not really a Mirage purist or whatever, I far prefer the IDW version but when they inevitably reboot the comics again (which I REALLY hope isn't any time soon) I think I could be on board with this. After the IDW run, they're probably going to have to differentiate themselves a lot from that version if they want to pull off something new and interesting. Creating a new run that feels more like Mirage, but pulls elements from the later versions could be really good. I know it's not what a lot of Mirage fans have in mind but I think it'd probably be the best we could get, far better than going the Rise route with the comics too.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:06 AM   #25
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
You know, I'm not really a Mirage purist or whatever, I far prefer the IDW version but when they inevitably reboot the comics again (which I REALLY hope isn't any time soon) I think I could be on board with this. After the IDW run, they're probably going to have to differentiate themselves a lot from that version if they want to pull off something new and interesting. Creating a new run that feels more like Mirage, but pulls elements from the later versions could be really good. I know it's not what a lot of Mirage fans have in mind but I think it'd probably be the best we could get, far better than going the Rise route with the comics too.
Well it would still be a mix of of all three versions with some of the cartoons and movies added to them. Kids would still read it regardless.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:26 AM   #26
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Well it would still be a mix of of all three versions with some of the cartoons and movies added to them. Kids would still read it regardless.
Sure, as I said, take some elements from all of the versions, that's fine, but make it mostly based on Mirage.That's what I'm suggesting here.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:30 AM   #27
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Sure, as I said, take some elements from all of the versions, that's fine, but make it mostly based on Mirage.That's what I'm suggesting here.
i think the comics would about pg-13 not rated r because let's be real some kids would read tmnt comics regardless
Old 01-27-2019, 04:34 AM   #28
Igglet

Quote:
i think the comics would about pg-13 not rated r because let's be real some kids would read tmnt comics regardless
True. Well, limitations breed creativity I guess.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:37 AM   #29
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
True. Well, limitations breed creativity I guess.
And besides mirage's violence is more tame compared to later comics in the later years so no one would get the big deal about mirage's violence.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:15 PM   #30
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm all in on this if we can keep colored bandannas.
Nah we should have all of them wear red bandanas. Either make it full Mirage or not.

Quote:

Drunk motivation? No wonder he always looks angry in his profile pics.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #31
AquaParade
Banned

Oh, how I miss those red bandanas.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:18 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Crush the f***ing rainbow!

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #33
Igglet

Out of curiosity, what's the deal with the red bandannas? Is there any particular reason why people want them back so much other than that they were a thing back in Mirage? I might be missing something obvious here but I just never got the point.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #34
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Crush the f***ing rainbow!

http://thegreenlanterncorps.com/trd.jpg
Preach brotha! Preach!

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what's the deal with the red bandannas? Is there any particular reason why people want them back so much other than that they were a thing back in Mirage? I might be missing something obvious here but I just never got the point.
Speaking for myself, I've always felt that them sharing the same color bandanna has made them felt like they're part of their own clan, sort of like the foot (hence Leo wearing a black bandanna and armor in IDW, at one point). You could argue the different colored masks represent their individual personalities but wearing the same colored mask felt like a symbol or representation of being blood brothers or brothers at heart (blood and heart both being red). It's sort of like why ninjas in Naruto wore a headband with a specific village symbol on it. If the issue is because the turtles look too similar wearing the same color, you could either tell by the weapons they wear on their belt (unless the artist doesn't bother with that, lol) or give them different physical appearances like the Nick series did.

It's not a necessity but it'd be nice to show some appreciation for the source that gave birth to this property.

Last edited by LeotheLateBloomer; 02-01-2019 at 03:13 PM.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #35
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Nah we should have all of them wear red bandanas. Either make it full Mirage or not.

Drunk motivation? No wonder he always looks angry in his profile pics.
But mirage had it's promblems you didn't read volume 4 Peter laird didn't even finish it dude plus it made April a freaking drawing.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:08 PM   #36
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
But mirage had it's promblems you didn't read volume 4 Peter laird didn't even finish it dude plus it made April a freaking drawing.
How old are you? You manage to miss the point of almost every post/comment you respond to.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #37
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenwatanabesclone View Post
How old are you? You manage to miss the point of almost every post/comment you respond to.
I was born I October 4, 1995 and Yeah yeah I know but still how would TMNT reboot mirage?
Old 02-01-2019, 04:25 PM   #38
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Preach brotha! Preach!

Speaking for myself, I've always felt that them sharing the same color bandanna has made them felt like they're part of their own clan, sort of like the foot (hence Leo wearing a black bandanna and armor in IDW, at one point). You could argue the different colored masks represent their individual personalities but wearing the same colored mask felt like a symbol or representation of being blood brothers or brothers at heart (blood and heart both being red). It's sort of like why ninjas in Naruto wore a headband with a specific village symbol on it. If the issue is because the turtles look too similar wearing the same color, you could either tell by the weapons they wear on their belt (unless the artist doesn't bother with that, lol) or give them different physical appearances like the Nick series did.

It's not a necessity but it'd be nice to show some appreciation for the source that gave birth to this property.
That's fair. In reality, I'm not really a good judge as I was introduced to the franchise with the cartoons and I have a sort of bias, but I think that goes for some Mirage readers as well, just the other way around.

Sometimes, the Turtles' weapons can't really be seen, Hell, sometimes they might not even be carrying them. The bandannas make it way easier to differentiate it. Sure, I COULD be able to tell who's who most of the time, but sometimes, when I look at a panel, I want to immediately know whose voice I should be reading the text in, if you get what I'm trying to say. It's just a lot more convenient and, while I do get the brothers shtick, I think the convenience is just more important to me personally. And besides, call me crazy but I really like the bandannas being different colored aesthetically as well.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #39
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
That's fair. In reality, I'm not really a good judge as I was introduced to the franchise with the cartoons and I have a sort of bias, but I think that goes for some Mirage readers as well, just the other way around.

Sometimes, the Turtles' weapons can't really be seen, Hell, sometimes they might not even be carrying them. The bandannas make it way easier to differentiate it. Sure, I COULD be able to tell who's who most of the time, but sometimes, when I look at a panel, I want to immediately know whose voice I should be reading the text in, if you get what I'm trying to say. It's just a lot more convenient and, while I do get the brothers shtick, I think the convenience is just more important to me personally. And besides, call me crazy but I really like the bandannas being different colored aesthetically as well.
I can take or leave the different colored bandannas but it would be nice to see the original red ones make a return in another version, some day. Likely one aimed at older audiences.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #40
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I can take or leave the different colored bandannas but it would be nice to see the original red ones make a return in another version, some day. Likely one aimed at older audiences.
It would be awesome if they would use them on missions and then used the colorized ones when they are being social with others like April, Mutanimals ect.....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
archie, comics, idw, mirage, tmnt